Murty sky sports

Smile

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

:lol: didn't say that at all.

It's on the ticker bit on Sky sports.He said:

"No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months.

Why would you look to move on a four year deal?

"Every player when the transfer window opens will be looking at making sure they secure the best future for themselves and their family.

Why do they need to secure their futures are they not secure at Rangers.?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

So, if true, and the Murty experiment does not work out - thats 2 lots of compensation we will have to pay ?

Let's see who it is. Could be a 6 month deal or could coincidentally be someone that our next manager has worked with. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Are but we'll be rolling in it with ST money come the summer.

No problemo to this Board of big spenders.

What they will do then is syphone that out and bung in some more Loans which they will term as investment.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Oh, so he did say it now,:notallowed:

He said 

"Every player when the transfer window opens will be looking at making sure they secure the best future for themselves and their family.

I understand that - that's the nature of the beast."

Can understand that more than the shortened version you posted.

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He said 

I understand that - that's the nature of the beast."

Can understand that more than the shortened version you posted.

Like I said I never included the beast reference as it was daft a bit like how he also said on Pena " he will understand if Carlos Pena wants to return to Mexico after an underwhelming start to his Rangers career.(motivates a player stating he's pish.)

Clutching at straws now quoting what I said yet trying to spin in it.

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's on the ticker bit on Sky sports.He said:

"No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months.

Why would you look to move on a four year deal?

Why do they need to secure their futures are they not secure at Rangers.?

He also said: "No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11187981/Rangers-boss-graeme-murty-not-surprised-by-carlos-pena-transfer-talk

I can only think of two reasons for saying that

• Clearing the way for a new manager come summer 
  • The club are trying to cover the shortfall to get to end of season

Here is the full quotes. Not a line or two to spin it like a Daily Record article ffs. :lol:

Graeme Murty says he will understand if Carlos Pena wants to return to Mexico after an underwhelming start to his Rangers career.

The £2.5m recruit from CD Guadalajara was former Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha's marquee summer signing.

But he was quoted this week by the Mexican press as saying he was "not ruling out a Plan B option" that would see him head back to his homeland.

The enigmatic attacker has netted five goals in 13 appearances yet has largely looked out of place in the Scottish game.

He has also slipped down Murty's pecking order following the U20s boss' promotion to first-team command, and has not started since being substituted at half-time during the December 9 clash with Ross County.

Murty has yet to discuss Pena's comments with the former Mexico international but knows a potential move could be on his mind.

He said: "No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months.

"I understand that - that's the nature of the beast.

"So if you come to me and say that 'X player' has been notified that this is going to happen it wouldn't really surprise me.

"We just need to be honest and open with the player and be flexible enough to react properly."

Just now, Sweetheart said:

He also said: "No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11187981/Rangers-boss-graeme-murty-not-surprised-by-carlos-pena-transfer-talk

I can only think of two reasons for saying that

• Clearing the way for a new manager come summer 
  • The club are trying to cover the shortfall to get to end of season

It's an odd one seems weird not to be Believed by PRW as he believers every ITK on twitter and thought De Boer was on his way.:mutley:

37 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Another example

Yes!.   That's the way to deal with them.  Not a fucking chance that Murty has the strength of character, or could develop it, that would stamp firm authority over a situation.   It'd be all analysis and coy backing off.