vanguard bears latest

Malkster

Fenians were formed in the late 1800's in Ireland wi the intention of driving the British out of Ireland,by what today is known as terrorism,they even planned to murder Queen Victoria but were thwarted by a very alert policeman.Fenians lead to the Irish Republican Brotherhood and later the IRA and we all know the atrocities they've carried out not only against the British/Protestant peoples but also slaughtered many RC's who stood in their way.

Now why would any RC be offended by the word 'Fenian' as it surely doesn't apply to them,unless that is,they are involved with or support the Irish Republican movement???

***Notable that the weapons supplied to the IRA for the Easter uprising in 1916,were supplied by the Scottish Republican Army,who's political wing are the forebears of today's SNP :bangbang:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Was it not David Murray back in 2005/6 that said he had a written letter from UEFA saying the Billy Boys were banned? However no one has ever seen the letter and there’s a pretty good chance it doesn’t exist. Therefore who has actually banned the song? Who says the term fenian is against the law?

it will be more than likely that it isn't illegal .much like gypsy,black ,Chinese, Scottish, Welsh etc aren't illegal unless a derogatory word is added 

minty wanted rid of the sectarian side of the support and it's more than likely it was fabricated. however we have had UEFA sanctions for the Billy boys .but you never know minty could easily have grassed us up .trying to "clean"up the songbook 

53 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I have no affiliation to any "fan groups" or whatever they are called. I support Rangers and keep myself to myself. 

Half of them seem like cunts for trying to be all lovey dovey with the media or grass up people on here. 

Anyhoo... Vanguard Bears (whoever the fuck they are) always seem to stick up for us. I like their articles. 

That is all.

I’m glad you keep your self to your self 

ffs ... if the tournament is going ahead next year and we are involved as winners or invited. I’d say a lot more of us will go and sing our songs loud and proud !! or do as they scum cunts say and leave our songs I’n the suitcase lol ... we have the best songs in world football and will be told by no cunt what to sing !!! 

2 hours ago, burnbank bear said:

ffs ... if the tournament is going ahead next year and we are involved as winners or invited. I’d say a lot more of us will go and sing our songs loud and proud !! or do as they scum cunts say and leave our songs I’n the suitcase lol ... we have the best songs in world football and will be told by no cunt what to sing !!! 

We might get invited back due to being undeafted but sadly we lost out on this cup on goal difference.

3 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I would love to run a dictionary definition trial on Fenian but sadly the law states it is down to victim perception and we all know how they percieve it. 

And yet that perception is allowed to remain unchallenged even though they publicly and proudly sing about being that very same name - Paddy McCourt's Fenian Army.

This is a clear manipulation and mockery of the law.

21 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And yet that perception is allowed to remain unchallenged even though they publicly and proudly sing about being that very same name - Paddy McCourt's Fenian Army.

This is a clear manipulation and mockery of the law.

Paddy McCourt’s kafflik army just hasn’t got the same ring to it ?

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

"Matty certainly makes it clear he ‘likes’ cannabis, commonly called a ‘gateway drug’ by Police Scotland as it often leads abusers to harder drugs like heroin."

Pretty sure this is not backed up by evidence in any way.

Also, querying whether a tabloid newspaper drug and alcohol tests its staff?:lol:Bizarre.

Agree with the sentiment but the point is pretty much lost amongst all the hyperbole.

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

"Matty certainly makes it clear he ‘likes’ cannabis, commonly called a ‘gateway drug’ by Police Scotland as it often leads abusers to harder drugs like heroin."

Pretty sure this is not backed up by evidence in any way.

I don’t think statements like that mean that if you smoke hash then your going to be addicted to smac but it’s looking at the history of junkies and most started off on hash which then puts you in those circles where other drugs become available. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t think statements like that mean that if you smoke hash then your going to be addicted to smac but it’s looking at the history of junkies and most started off on hash which then puts you in those circles where other drugs become available. 

If you go by that logic most started of on cigs, it's complete bullshit?

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Ive smoked on and off for 20 odd years, and not once have I (knowingly) been in the same room as heroin.

6 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

If you go by that logic most started of on cigs, it's complete bullshit?

A lot of the friends I grew up with died through herion and most started on hash and cigs so it’s not complete. I also know lots who smoke hash and that’s it.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Ive smoked on and off for 20 odd years, and not once have I (knowingly) been in the same room as heroin.

I have no doubt about that. We’re going off topic and I don’t want to detract from a good VB article and later I’ll pose the question in the OT as a topic ?

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

A lot of the friends I grew up with died through herion and most started on hash and cigs so it’s not complete. I also know lots who smoke hash and that’s it.

If you have a propensity towards mind-altering substances ie. you like getting fucked up,  you’re obviously going start with what’s cheapest and most readily available (weed and booze) and work your way up. It doesn’t mean the harder drugs are a consequence of the first two. If weed didn’t exist, there wouldn’t be less junkies.

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

If you have a propensity towards mind-altering substances ie. you like getting fucked up,  you’re obviously going start with what’s cheapest and most readily available (weed and booze) and work your way up. It doesn’t mean the harder drugs are a consequence of the first two. If weed didn’t exist, there wouldn’t be less junkies.

I would say the both of you are correct. 

16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

So they started on cigs then, so that is the gateway drug if any.

Like you said let's not take this off track?

I'll be honest the drug thing was daft to include. Rangers supporters buses were rife with people back in the 80s and early 90s who tried every drug going. 

They started on hash or eccies and then it was try paste it's better. Then they done that then it was try coke that's even better than all them. Then it was try smoking crack before it ended up heroin. 

A well known large supporters bus lost 5 guys to heroin and countless others to the jail due to it. 

Read all the casuals books aswell and a lot of them mention guys lost to drugs (usually heroin)

I know of 4 ex Rangers casuals who's life's were lost to smack and it had fuck all to do with smoking hash. It was the way of the world back then and at the time they didnt know the devastation that smack caused/causes.

To say hash leads to that is nonsense  (That's from a non hash head)

I like the VB and what they stand for. Their articles are more often than not spot on. They stand up for our fans and our rights as people going along on a Saturday and supporting the team, and it is important that we have a public face who are doing that and are calling people out when the criticism aimed at our club and fans is out of order.

And, in this case they are completely correct that the treatment handed out to one of our own, for singing a song thousands of miles away is an absolute joke. 

They do just need to be careful that it doesn't turn into a mudslinging contest. It is a passionate piece, and that is a good thing, but there are a few irrelevances in there. In short, keep it up, bit maybe keep the focus a bit more.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I like the VB and what they stand for. Their articles are more often than not spot on. They stand up for our fans and our rights as people going along on a Saturday and supporting the team, and it is important that we have a public face who are doing that and are calling people out when the criticism aimed at our club and fans is out of order.

And, in this case they are completely correct that the treatment handed out to one of our own, for singing a song thousands of miles away is an absolute joke. 

They do just need to be careful that it doesn't turn into a mudslinging contest. It is a passionate piece, and that is a good thing, but there are a few irrelevances in there. In short, keep it up, bit maybe keep the focus a bit more.

Agreed