Malkster

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From an old VB article regarding the Billy Boys and that letter:

A poster on VB who I have the utmost respect for left the following post a short while back,

Nobody at that meeting saw any such letter from UEFA. Martin Bain held up a piece of paper (without showing the written side) claiming it was a letter from UEFA and stated that the song was now banned. Admin on FF told me that the letter(?) was not handed around the table and nobody present asked to see the content. 100% fact!

9 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

They fined us for singing against Eindhoven and banned us from one away game. Almost certain we won on appeal, with the ban being suspended for a year.

We didn't mate. @K.A.I, @TannochsideBear @kplfishtank were all in malmo when our fans had an away match ban. They all had to go in the home end 

19 minutes ago, backup said:

The message being that there never was any ban or any letter,just another divide and conquer scam by murray and his sycophants :cheers:

are you talking about the club banning supporters for sectarian behaviour? or the club from a competition for sectarian behaviour of the fans? and lastly do you think it is a good or bad thing that the club tries to comply with Article 5 of UEFA standards?

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

are you talking about the club banning supporters for sectarian behaviour? or the club from a competition for sectarian behaviour of the fans? and lastly do you think it is a good or bad thing that the club tries to comply with Article 5 of UEFA standards?

Billy Boys to my knowledge has never been legally banned anywhere ever, and no fans have ever been legally banned by anyone for giving stirring renditions of our famous anthem, to be clear fuck the pope and  uefa neither will ever rain on our parade :thumbup:

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm pretty sure it is deemed an offence to sing it publicly in Scotland.  I'm almost certain that one of our fans got 4 months for singing it going to Hampden.

Only if its connected to football in someway if I remember from the OBAF act. Its completely ridiculous and solely attacks football fans, which going by its own definition is sectarian in itself. 

If anyone ever does find themselves on the wrong end of this "law", NEVER PLEAD GUILTY to it as its one of the worst pieces of legislation I have ever read in my life. Even the worst of lawyers can rip it to bits. Until there is a recorded case in criminal law - a high court appeal for example, then we will continue to see the occasional "over enthusiastic" copper trying to get people jailed for their fake offense. 

People need to stop being scared to sing this song as I'm fairly certain the police have been told to not waste public funds on trying to get convictions for it. 

The courts are jam packed, the jails are full and courts are getting closed around the country. There's no need to fear this. 

1 hour ago, backup said:

Billy Boys to my knowledge has never been legally banned anywhere ever, and no fans have ever been legally banned by anyone for giving stirring renditions of our famous anthem, to be clear fuck the pope and  uefa neither will ever rain on our parade :thumbup:

Apart from a fan who was jailed and received an 18 month banning order and iirc back in the day some fans at a Dunfermline game and fans at an away game v Molde, I could go on... but I would need to research this and tbh I can't now be arsed... because you should be doing that instead of looking a silly Billy

33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from a fan who was jailed and received an 18 month banning order and iirc back in the day some fans at a Dunfermline game and fans at an away game v Molde, I could go on... but I would need to research this and tbh I can't now be arsed... because you should be doing that instead of looking a silly Billy

Police Scotland, The Crown Office nor the Courts can produce a list of proscribed banned sons, that being because there isn't one, pointless researching something that doesn't exist don't you think ?

Just now, backup said:

Police Scotland, The Crown Office nor the Courts can produce a list of proscribed banned sons, that being because there isn't one, pointless researching something that doesn't exist don't you think ?

christ you are hard work, I have already said there are no banned songs.... You dug me up stating "no fans have ever been legally banned by anyone for giving stirring renditions of our famous anthem" yet I can point to plenty. It's not the fucking song it's the sentiment. 

There are plenty of offensive words that put into context result in it being racist, sectarian etc... those words are not banned..

56 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

christ you are hard work, I have already said there are no banned songs.... You dug me up stating "no fans have ever been legally banned by anyone for giving stirring renditions of our famous anthem" yet I can point to plenty. It's not the fucking song it's the sentiment. 

There are plenty of offensive words that put into context result in it being racist, sectarian etc... those words are not banned..

To help you along, believe it or not there is a book of proscribed banned flags while no list of banned songs,a typical snp fiasco.

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Pretty sure that UEFA have fined us in the past for our fans singing TBB.

You're correct. A Scott Lamont was jailed for it a few years back. He was done under the OBFA, and stupidly pled guilty. It should be noted that his arrest was along with others for different obfa offences, at a particular time when apparently Rangers casuals were present. The judge made comment along the lines of making an example of him.

Now there's an argument there that the precedent has been set. But given behaviour that could be found offensive under that act that are deemed acceptable away from the footie it's not clear whether that's the case. Particularly if the obfa is removed and / or a bear challenged the legitimacy of the wording within the song being illegal. Especially given those who allege to be offended are at times part of the same group of people who also celebrate it in one of their own songs.

Who knows.

But given how many sing it compared to how many arrests or convictions gave been made, I'd suggest there is a wariness about taking criminal action despite the Lamont case.

My tuppence worth only...

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You're correct. A Scott Lamont was jailed for it a few years back. He was done under the OBFA, and stupidly pled guilty. It should be noted that his arrest was along with others for different obfa offences, at a particular time when apparently Rangers casuals were present. The judge made comment along the lines of making an example of him.

Now there's an argument there that the precedent has been set. But given behaviourthat could be found offensive under that act that are deemed acceptable away from the footie its not clear whether that's the case. Particularly if the obfa is removed and / or a bear challenged the legitimacy of the wording within the song being illegal. Especially given those who allege to be offended are at times part of the same group of people who also celebrate it in one of their own songs.

Who knows.

But given how many sing it compared to how many arrests or convictions gave been made, I'd suggest there is a wariness about taking criminal action despite the Lamont case.

My tuppence worth only...

Wasn't he the boy with a string of convictions and he was also charged with 3 or 4 other things?

I'm sure that was part of his sentencing 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Wasn't he the boy with a string of convictions and he was also charged with 3 or 4 other things?

I'm sure that was part of his sentencing 

Likely so. That wouldn't suit the narrative as widely reported at the time that conveniently made it all about TBB.

17 hours ago, B1872 said:

Was it not David Murray back in 2005/6 that said he had a written letter from UEFA saying the Billy Boys were banned? However no one has ever seen the letter and there’s a pretty good chance it doesn’t exist. Therefore who has actually banned the song? Who says the term fenian is against the law?

The letter is with the Deeds.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

We didn't mate. @K.A.I, @TannochsideBear @kplfishtank were all in malmo when our fans had an away match ban. They all had to go in the home end 

@K.A.I did you manage to get in the San Siro when we played Inter behind closed doors? Silly question but always worth a try.

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Allegedly. 

The club told us not to attend and we didn’t. Good few days in Sweden as I was at a conference :lol: 

18 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

From an old VB article regarding the Billy Boys and that letter:

I also heard the same years and years ago, and anytime it mentioned it's banned ?   Well someone jailed for singing the billy boys should plead not guilty to singing am offensive song, then let this so called letter be presented by the club or even better the club should publish the letter for the fans to see for themselves.  

I bet that cunt Whyte stole it with the Arsenal shares.   :mutley:

13 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

@K.A.I did you manage to get in the San Siro when we played Inter behind closed doors? Silly question but always worth a try.

No I never got in, never tried either tbh.

Re the Billy Boys - there's no point having this debate again. 

We were sold out down the river from our own at the time everyone from our owner to the fans reps who are utter scum ... David Edgar was one of them and I hated him back then when he was in the RST this was one of the reasons why - he seems like a different person now, though.

We can also all say it's not illegal to sing it in Scotland but we are kidding ourselves on - plenty have been done for singing it - I still sing it loud and proud at games but also know I risk arrest if there's an over-zealous copper or the PF feels like making an example of the Rangers support the day the charge sheet from the coppers lands on his desk - it's stupid to live in that sort of denial.

It's just another extension of why Scotland is fucked - they cunts can sing about their own wee fenian army quite the thing, Kilmarnock and Hearts and Dundee have their own versions of the song but every now and again there's a witch-hunt with the Rangers support over it when the feeling suits someone in the media and we have the bandwagon all over again and sometimes the pricks in our support with public voices adding it to and taking their sides - which again is unforgivable.