Please board give us a real manager

GeeSS

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

We would still have Ally in charge if BP9 had his way.

Whenever it become obvious as fuck the manager is done and the big is up he loves to get behind them and say we are all impatient 

.... and I’m being proven right - unless we give a manager real time and backing we won’t get to where we want to be. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

They ‘dominated’ (?) and yet it took some shitty refereeing for them to win. Also the number of folks that think a ‘good’ manager would just come in and we win every game are deluded. Building a good team is a process not a binary thing. I’ll guarantee you tho’ that if we keep chopping and changing managers we will go no where. 

Away you go, SNP supporters not fucking welcome never mind telling us what we need.

Did you sing Rule Brittania to the snp supporting scum in the Hibs end?  I thought bloody not.

What you know about football and politics you can write on the back of a 1st class stamp so do us all a bloody favour 

1 minute ago, bluchoo said:

Murty isnt a manager thats the bottom line

We have played the same way and managers like Lemon Clarke and Wright have saw this

Do you hinestly think with our squad any if the afore mentioned guys woukd be as poor as us

Of course not, If we had Clarke or Wright in charge as soon as Pedro left I think we would easily be 6-8 points better off which in all reality would leave us only 4 or 5 points off the pace 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.... and I’m being proven right - unless we give a manager real time and backing we won’t get to where we want to be. 

Away you go and ask little Nicky why EU students are getting free education for 3 years at a cost of £120m to Scottish taxpayers even when we have left the bloody EU.

Dont we gave have with cancer etc who could do with that money ?  So shows you were your priorities lie does it not 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Sometimes you can give a manager all the time in the world and it won't make a dif. Unfortunately at our club managers don't and never will have that luxury.  No manager should ever be learning the job from scratch at a club our size with ambitions to win titles and cups end of. 

Just put of Interest how long do you want to give murty??? 

Just now, Copland bear said:

Look Murty is not a first team manager and doing his best , but you cannot compare him to Steve Clarkes record.  

The club must come first at all times. 

Steve Clarke has done very well but that doesn't guarantee he would have achieved the same at Rangers.

Jimmy Nicholl did a brilliant job at Raith rovers, went to Millwall and failed miserably.

I totally agree that the club must come first but  what if they had recruited Clarke and he didn't get of to a great start, would you be calling for his head after a dozen games or so?

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs we have a real manager - one that will be great but this expectation that we will win every game and we need these threads after every defeat is tedious in the extreme 

we will Play  much worse and win games.

I’ve yet to see any evidence that this manager will be great.  So far we’ve not performed as a Rangers team should.  In the 2 previous hibs games they dominated the midfield yet for 45 mins murty couldn’t tweak it here or there to counter their 5 in the middle.  Again asking holt to be defensive is asking for trouble,  a lot of his subs are as predictable as warburtons were.  I’m all for supporting the manager but saying he will be great is quite a bold statement 

44 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Steve Clarke has done very well but that doesn't guarantee he would have achieved the same at Rangers.

Jimmy Nicholl did a brilliant job at Raith rovers, went to Millwall and failed miserably.

I totally agree that the club must come first but  what if they had recruited Clarke and he didn't get of to a great start, would you be calling for his head after a dozen games or so?

Clarke has done well at WBA etc, yes there is no guarantee but he ticks all the boxes and knows our league also. 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

They ‘dominated’ (?) and yet it took some shitty refereeing for them to win. Also the number of folks that think a ‘good’ manager would just come in and we win every game are deluded. Building a good team is a process not a binary thing. I’ll guarantee you tho’ that if we keep chopping and changing managers we will go no where. 

We are going nowhere now. Losing to Hamilton, Hibs and Dundee isn't going to win trophies.

you are seriously deluded if you think Murty will make Rangers champions. The guy has no experience, he can't change games and is tactically inept. You base everything on a gut feeling and because you don't have the stomach to call a spade a spade. Just want to be some Rangers cheerleader like a daft lassie rimming whoever is in charge.

its actually really sad that a so called grown man can't see what is staring him in the face. Still delude yourself all you want because Murty won't be here long and you can fill in your shrine to failed managers of recent years.

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Sometimes you can give a manager all the time in the world and it won't make a dif. Unfortunately at our club managers don't and never will have that luxury.  No manager should ever be learning the job from scratch at a club our size with ambitions to win titles and cups end of. 

Just put of Interest how long do you want to give murty??? 

A sensible answer can I not depend on what happens between now and the summer.  Finish infront of the sheep and start winning consistently then I’ll be happy for him to get a 2 yr deal.  If it stays as it is then he can go as soon as the season is done 

16 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Slow to mAke changes? Ffs nieve Fifa 17 shite. Building a team takes time - it’s a process not a binary thing - it takes transfer windows, time for players to assimilate but there is this expectation that it’s easy! 

:lol:

Wank 

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Clarke has done well at WBA etc, yes there is no guarantee butvhe ticks all the boxes and knows our league also. 

Murty also knows our league.

For me his short spell in charge has been mixed but now he's in the hot seat we should give him the rest of the season giving the players he's brought in a chance to settle and hopefully we can get our injured players fit and see how things go with a stronger squad.

Ps good points on the SNP.??

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs we have a real manager - one that will be great but this expectation that we will win every game and we need these threads after every defeat is tedious in the extreme 

we will Play  much worse and win games.

You where spouting the same pish about Ally right up to the minute he left as well. 

Murty was a caretaker manager from the youths with a mixed record, he deserved our thanks for his efforts and to go back to his original job and maybe even join the first team staff but he shouldn't have got it permanently, incredibly lazy option chosen from the board

8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

For me his short spell in charge has been mixed but now he's in the hot seat we should give him the rest of the season giving the players he's brought in a chance to settle and hopefully we can get our injured players fit and see how things go with a stronger squad.

We, the fans, can give him however long we as individuals see fit.

As long as the Board are puting plans in place to replace him in the summer at latest then that's all that matters.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We, tge fans, can give him however long we as individuals see fit.

As long as the Board are puting plans in place to replace him in the summer at latest then that's what matters.

They aren’t Murty will be the manager next season. 

25 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You simply can't argue that Murty is a manager yet , he may well have a long successful career ahead of him but at the moment he's only potential and barring an amazing run of results i can't see him getting the job as we've already used up all our gambles. 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

No we don’t , we have a youth coach in charge of a first team squad. 

I don’t expect us to win every game but yesterday was a real worry that 50,000 people in the ground could see Hibs dominate yet he did nothing to change it. 

I know a Hibs fan and he told me they would do that if they played 5 in midfield and we played 4 with 2 of them as wingers. 

Actually, PepG was a youth coach who stepped up and took Barca to record levels domestically and in Europe.

He is no PepG but it is all relative.

I also know a very famous manager, who was loathe to change things and didn't put on subs until the last ten minutes.

Now, if you want a taig running us, who has proved himself winnng titles and moderate success in Europe, then why not go the whole fucking hog and bring in the man who was in the Championsip last season and now top 4 in the top tier. He has the far better record, or doesn't it count in his case? Because if it doesn't, it blows all other arguements on the better tactician out of the water.

Clarke on the other hand has won nothing and made an already top tier team slightly better. Not the better taig, a contradiction in terms however, not by a long shot.

Now do we really want to go down the road of a taig running our team and a second best one at that, because if we are, why the fuck would we settle for a second best one?

Think it would be better to stop the knee jerking and see where we are at the end of the season.

Where we are in the table at the end of the season is the standard any manager will be judged and not some fucking amateurs playing at being football manager and knee jerking from week to week.

Lastly, if their are any candidates outwith the second best taig, I'm all ears.

10 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Our season will start early again with the European qualifiers (assuming we don't collapse completely and finish outside them) and there will be quick decisions needed on transfers so I just don't think we can afford to wait and see, at the very least they should be sounding out other options

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Actually, PepG was a youth coach who stepped up and took Barca to record levels domestically and in Europe.

He is no PepG but it is all relative.

I also know a very famous manager, who was loathe to change things and didn't put on subs until the last ten minutes.

Now, if you want a taig running us, who has proved himself winnng titles and moderate success in Europe, then why not go the whole fucking hog and bring in the man who was in the Championsip last season and now top 4 in the top tier. He has the far better record, or doesn't it count in his case? Because if it doesn't, it blows all other arguements on the better tactician out of the water.

Clarke on the other hand has won nothing and made an already top tier team slightly better. Not the better taig, a contradiction in terms however, not by a long shot.

Now do we really want to go down the road of a taig running our team and a second best one at that, because if we are, why the fuck would we settle for a second best one?

Think it would be better to stop the knee jerking and see where we are at the end of the season.

Where we are in the table at the end of the season is the standard any manager will be judged and not some fucking amateurs playing at being football manager and knee jerking from week to week.

Lastly, if their are any candidates outwith the second best taig, I'm all ears.

Even if Clarke is a celtic man there's no comparison between him and that scumbag Lennon, it's disingenuous to suggest it