Ian Ferguson interview/article - good read.

K.A.I

He never seems to get mentioned in the bracket with others but he was 1 of the 3 to play in all 9iar seasons. I always remember my dad talking about him and how he took no shite from anyone. Di Canio probably still lies awake at night shitting himself incase Fergie comes through the door. The defintion of staunch. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 15/02/2018 at 14:10, ranter said:

I remember when we used to play our reserve games at Linthithgow. One game we had quite a few first team players coming back from injury including McCoist and bomber. There was a big crowd there and Ian Ferguson was there on the terracing, slagging McCoist every time he had the ball. He was quite right to, they were losing 2-0 at half time when the first team players got replaced and the reserves managed to salvage a draw. Can't imagine any of the current players giving up their free time to go and watch reserves or development teams. All the best Fergie.

Seen quite a few of them do it over the last few years.

On 15/02/2018 at 13:46, GOAT said:

Reading an article there about fergie and his bust up wae Di Canio.  He actually had a worse bust up on the pitch in a friendly with none other than a certain man called Gazza when they spat at each other during a friendly at Ibrox between Spurs and us.  Anyone remember that?

If I remember rightly he outshone Gazza in that game as well. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Seen quite a few of them do it over the last few years.

If thats the case good. Haven't been to reserve games for a long long time. If first team players are doing that fair play to them, and I stand corrected. 

On 15/02/2018 at 10:43, AlCapone said:

The most underrated player at Ibrox I have ever known, the real Fergie Legend who bled blue. Other Fergie legends are just pale imitations.

World class players came and went...Fergie stayed in our midfield. Didn't matter who managed us..Souness, Smith, Advocaat...they recognised his quality and played Ferguson. That says a great deal about him and his character. He was a truly superb player for us. 

On 15/02/2018 at 15:03, Prso's headband said:

Is there a player who has a better league title percentage than Ferguson?

10 titles is around 20% of all our titles we’ve won. 

Shit man. When you put it that way. For a club that's pretty much won the league every 3 years for the last 150 for one man to have 20% of them all is some stat. Would be shocked if it was bettered. 

On 15/02/2018 at 07:53, K.A.I said:

Enjoyed reading that. 

Probably my second ever favourite Rangers player after Gascoigne. It's about how St Mirren didn't want to sell him to a rival club (Rangers) and he was half-way down the motorway for signing talks with Man United and got the driver to stop and turnback because the only team he wanted to join was Rangers.

I know not all of you will agree with his opinion on Murty at the end but that's no big deal.

Copy and pasted so that left wing rhag the Record doesn't get the hits.

Brilliant read mate. Love stories about good bears playing for us whether it's someone like Ferguson or Halliday ( obviously no where near the same level of player before anyone goes off there head). Don't mind his opinion on Murty at all everyone has the right to there own opinion on anything. Never understood why folk get so angry about ex players opinions in the press just because it's not the same as there own.