Injury Update

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

He’s better but it’s marginal imo, would say they’re as good as eachother going forward but in different ways, John is faster and a better dribbler but Wallace’s final ball is better.

If DJ could sort out the defensive side of his game (like Tav has this season) then he would be a fantastic option down the left. 

Tav was absolutely brutal defensively this time last year so if our coaches can sort out that side of his game then hopefully they can do the same for John.

10 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Agreed. An upgrade in the goalkeeping department would be good as well imo but I know most on here probably disagree with that.

Think I argued with you about this earlier in the season but I agree now, Wes gets beaten far too often from long shots but Wouldn’t be top priority only if someone far better became available at a decent price after strengthening the defence

Just now, RD.1872 said:

If DJ could sort out the defensive side of his game (like Tav has this season) then he would be a fantastic option down the left. 

Tav was absolutely brutal defensively last year so if our coaches can sort out that side of his game then hopefully they can do the same for John.

John is still young, think he’s 22? He’s got good attributes for a LB just needs to tighten up a bit.

Here we go again..................injury,injury is all we have over the past 25 years

Oleg Kutnesov and Michael Mols being prime examples

Jordan Rossiter is unfortunately finished and we should realise that.

Lee Wallace might get back in the team cos Declan John is no better as a defender.

Bruno Alves is no Davie Weir and he will be gone in the summer.

Dorrans back in Midfleld ... possible

Russell Martin  .... not sure .... first impressions are poor.

Ross ..............yes get him fit ASAP

2 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Our medical team must be clueless that’s now the second player that they used q wait and see approach to our detriment 

Yip.....same with Dorrans.....5 weeks rest to then establish it needed surgery.....someone needs to be reading into the injuries better, it's seems it's a wait and see approach instead of seeing the benefit that surgery may give the players 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I know but this seems different we’ve never let people play on after injury, have them back early and then set back again 

it might just be bad luck but I’d look at it if I was in charge anyway 

Oh I agree, I’m just saying our medical department has been shit for as long as I can remember. 

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

*Candeias lovers turn away now.*

Wouldny mind seeing Wallace Left back with DJ pushed forward into left mid. Move murphy over to the right. Would make us more solid against the likes of the tarriers.

Yeah we should definitely remove the player with the most assists on the league to a accommodate a perma injured left back and a powderpuff defender who can’t defend .makes sense 

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Agreed, in the old firm however the fullbacks need to be good defensively, naeneck has been in good form for them and I can see John struggling against him, so would play Wallace instead.

Last time Wallace was up against that wee perv he was shocking defensively.

54 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Think I argued with you about this earlier in the season but I agree now, Wes gets beaten far too often from long shots but Wouldn’t be top priority only if someone far better became available at a decent price after strengthening the defence

A better defence would cut out a lot of they longer range shots.

I don’t think there is much between Wallace an John defensively but John is a bigger threat on the ball imo plus he likes cutting inside an having a shot or creating an assist so I’d keep John in but when fully fit an match sharp Lee Wallace isn’t a bad player to have about the place

captain or not he’s been out a long time an dosent deserve to just walk back in

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Agreed. An upgrade in the goalkeeping department would be good as well imo but I know most on here probably disagree with that.

Don't think Fod inspires confidence, think we should fastrack young Robbie McCrorie at least backup in front of Alnwick and Kelly.

Never no he might make the same impression as Ross.

1 hour ago, Vision said:

Don't think Fod inspires confidence, think we should fastrack young Robbie McCrorie at least backup in front of Alnwick and Kelly.

Why should he be fast tracked in front of the other two?

16 minutes ago, Vision said:

Was Robbie not thought of as the better prospect.

He might but he also might not, he was at his age level but Liam kelly is also highly rated apparently regardless of how much of a cunt I think he is.

1 hour ago, Vision said:

If McCrorie is good enough then he'll make it there. I don't think fast tracking young players is a great idea at the best of times never mind doing it with a goalkeeper. Recipe for disaster.

11 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think many would disagree. 

Wallace has been woeful for years. Good feeling and a brief resurgence under MW are the only reason he’s still around IMO. 

Neither are good defenders. Mental that Tav gets the most stick out of all our fullbacks. 

Wallace has been limited by the quality of players around him.  He is no Roberto Carlos but he defends better that John.   Tavernier can be outstanding at times going forward but defensively he can be a bomb scare.