Geo17

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wes does cost us goals, let's be honest.

But he saves us a lot more goals and at times is an outstanding goalkeeper.

He's another like so many in our team that struggles with consistency levels. The ability is not in doubt.

Glad he's another that's getting tied down as I've said for a while that if he goes, who do we attract and for what we pay/have to to spend? another loanee? no thanks.

People to this day still masterbate over McGregor and he was the worst goalkeeper I've seen at us when it came to goals conceded with long range efforts. An amazing shot stopper and a good organiser/leader but very poor with shots from distance, always too far off his line for a start.

I'm happy enough with Wes but at times he needs to sharpen up.

When were these goals exactly? Honestly man the overexageration with some people is insane. Its the same as people saying he's terrible with the ball at his feet, yet he has only just made his first and only mistake in that regard last week.

Just now, K.A.I said:

People to this day still masterbate over McGregor and he was the worst goalkeeper I've seen at us when it came to goals conceded with long range efforts. An amazing shot stopper and a good organiser/leader but very poor with shots from distance, always too far off his line for a start.

Still remember that goal he conceded against that El Kaddouri cunt in the OF game :megaanguish:

1 minute ago, Geo17 said:

When were these goals exactly? Honestly man the overexageration with some people is insane. Its the same as people saying he's terrible with the ball at his feet, yet he has only just made his first and only mistake in that regard last week.

6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hes also cost us countless goals from long range efforts

Much happier with this news than the Windass deal.

I like Wes, and doubt we'd do better in our price range plus he has pulled off some crackin' saves at times. Isn't perfect but is without doubt one of the best keepers in the league and has plenty of years left in him.

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

People saying he makes saves, he’s a goalkeeper that’s what they’re paid to do. However, I would agree that we probably can’t get anything better in our price range. 

What is our price range though?

Keepers are one of these strange positions I think in that there are always a lot of experienced keepers sitting on a bench for top teams who would much rather be playing week in week out.

I like Wes. Best keeper in Scotland IMO. 

Good shot stopper, good with ball at his feet and best years ahead of him. 

Sensible move to get our best / most sellable assets tied down. 

Needs to work on shots from distance though, always seems to be down a millisecond too slow.