New deal for Wes

Geo17

5 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

This season Hibs twice  2 goals from 30 yards should have kept them both out and should have kept aberdeens free kick out at pitodrie and was also at fault in the one of the neiderkorn goals, his first season he let in many goals from long range and that was in the championship

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news. Definitely worth a fair bit in sell on, so it makes sense. Decent goalie and should be worth a good few million in the English Championship market.

Long term the hope will be that one of the three or four young goalies we have step up, seeing as they seem highly thought of.

He does have a problem with long range shots, undeniable. 

But still a very decent keeper and this is good news, if anything it ramps up the price incase we find a better option. Same goes for Windass.

Smart business being done by Allen. 

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

This season Hibs twice  2 goals from 30 yards should have kept them both out and should have kept aberdeens free kick out at pitodrie and was also at fault in the one of the neiderkorn goals, his first season he let in many goals from long range and that was in the championship

The free kick from aberdeen was a screamer as was the john mcginn goal for hibs. So this season he has let in two goals you deem unacceptable. That isn't quite countless. I can bet he has had more motm performances alone this season.

1 minute ago, Geo17 said:

The free kick from aberdeen was a screamer as was the john mcginn goal for hibs. So this season he has let in two goals you deem unacceptable. That isn't quite countless. I can bet he has had more motm performances alone this season.

Aberdeen was not a screamer was nowhere near the top corner and the mcginn one he should have definitely got to

26 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hes also cost us countless goals from long range efforts

This is my most scathing criticism of Wes. Close range he’s excellent but shots from near the edge of the box towards his far post? He’s been shite.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Wes does cost us goals, let's be honest.

But he saves us a lot more goals and at times is an outstanding goalkeeper.

He's another like so many in our team that struggles with consistency levels. The ability is not in doubt.

Glad he's another that's getting tied down as I've said for a while that if he goes, who do we attract and for what we pay/have to to spend? another loanee? no thanks.

People to this day still masterbate over McGregor and he was the worst goalkeeper I've seen at us when it came to goals conceded with long range efforts. An amazing shot stopper and a good organiser/leader but very poor with shots from distance, always too far off his line for a start.

I'm happy enough with Wes but at times he needs to sharpen up.

Dont really recall the long distance thing, rather it was the coming out for crosses and corners. A remeber that shitey vampire joke.

and the save he made to put us through against werdee bremen was the greatest save a Rangers keeper i have seen make , except goram. 

Without that our run to manchester wouldnt have happened, and one of the best few days of partying i can remember down south ??

Hes pish now though. 

Just now, Mclean RFC said:

Dont really recall the long distance thing, rather it was the coming out for crosses and corners. A remeber that shitey vampire joke.

and the save he made to put us through against werdee bremen was the greatest save a Rangers keeper i have seen make , except goram. 

Without that our run to manchester wouldnt have happened, and one of the best few days of partying i can remember down south ??

Hes pish now though. 

Honestly mate if you get time watch a lot of long Rangers we conceded and look at his positioning for them all. Every goalkeeper has a weakness at the end of the day, that was his IMO.

Just now, Mclean RFC said:

Hes pish now though. 

Yup, it was so good our entire defence looked over to the linesman to see if it had been given offside and were then shocked to see he'd saved it, best save of my lifetime.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Honestly mate if you get time watch a lot of long Rangers we conceded and look at his positioning for them all. Every goalkeeper has a weakness at the end of the day, that was his IMO.

I will check it out mate ??

Any excuse to watch old Rangers players highlights with the sash in the background.??????

Do think that his age is crucial because it leaves alot of potential to improve. But some games he has cost us, but even more saved us. 

I think the last half hour of the aberdeen game we got a chance to see how good he is. 

And the little spice boy aswell, slowly but surely they are getting good. And if both dont get the next level then some english team will take them for silly money. When selling decent players then they always have the added english fee on top of it lol.

45 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Big Marky Allen just throwing out new contracts left fright and centre

giphy.gif

Lad is playing the game that everyone else has been playing for the past decade. Bigger, longer contracts= bigger transfer fees. Allen ain't fucking around with our transfer policy, he's knows exactly what he's doing.