• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just had a look. ??

Whats the fucking point, according to our great leader he has all the shortfall covered we have a wonga loan in place, but we still sell our best striker. 

£10m profit on one player who has played 30 games for us is unbelievable business. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed mate it makes good sense on the balance sheet, doesn’t look good for putting anything in the trophy cabinet. 

Depends what we do with the money obviously but it could easily get us 3/4 Morelos types if spent wisely. Although under this shower I can see why people would be sceptical of that happening :lol: 

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Depends what we do with the money obviously but it could easily get us 3/4 Morelos types if spent wisely. Although under this shower I can see why people would be sceptical of that happening :lol: 

See there’s the rub mate, I don’t trust the board to give Mark Allen all of the money for new players. 

Plus finding players at 1mill that you sell in 8 months for 10mill isn’t easy or every cunt would be at it. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

See there’s the rub mate, I don’t trust the board to give Mark Allen all of the money for new players. 

Plus finding players at 1mill that you sell in 8 months for 10mill isn’t easy or every cunt would be at it. 

I don't think we'll get all of it either mate or even nearly all of it. If we get say £6m of it though and another £7/8m from season tickets plus whatever we make from selling the dross we could potentially have a serious amount to spend(at this level anyway).  If we end up with £12-£15m to spend we could sign 3/4 players of real quality to improve us. Big if spending the money wisely obviously. 

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Big Marky Allen just throwing out new contracts left fright and centre

giphy.gif

Definitely money coming in from somewhere, if we have knocked back 9million for morelos and handing out improved contracts then their is something happening in the background

56 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Why the fuck are people obsessed with us selling our best players 

Not obsessed, just being realistic.

We don't generate enough money, so have to get it from buying players, building them up, and selling them on.

49 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Not obsessed, just being realistic.

We don't generate enough money, so have to get it from buying players, building them up, and selling them on.

like I've said already doesn't matter if we win anything as long as we make a profit on our players - well I for one would rather have the players than the profit

I think this is a good move. I believe he’s gained us many more points than he’s cost us. He’s pretty solid and reliable just now, with the odd wobble admittedly, but is one of the best keepers in Scotland just now and has scope for considerable improvement with experience and a stronger defence to support him.

20 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

So no longer a trophy winning club 

No. Any club in Scotland will sell their best players when their price is met. Christ, almost every club on earth will see their best player of the price is right.

Selling one player for over 10x what you paid for him 8 months earlier doesn’t stop a club from being a ‘trophy winning club’

Wes is a decent keeper so no qualms about him getting a longer contract. A keeper who collects every cross, stops every shot, deflection, header, etc like Buffon is what we really need though. 

Oh wait he cost his side 2 goals during the week.

With a good, solid defence in front of him and a commanding centre half barking out orders, Wes would be better.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. Any club in Scotland will sell their best players when their price is met. Christ, almost every club on earth will see their best player of the price is right.

Selling one player for over 10x what you paid for him 8 months earlier doesn’t stop a club from being a ‘trophy winning club’

doesn't help selling your best players