Interesting Comments From Murty After Yesterday's Game

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

5-2 though mate. C'mon

And what did it end up? 

Successfull winning teams are built from the back, I would much rather win by three than risk it especially when theres still a chance, albeit a small one, that the league could come down to goal difference.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

5-2 though mate. C'mon

Always best to get into good habits. The best teams do certain good things as a matter of practiced routine so that it benefits them when it really matters. 

56 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Which wouldn't have flown under Walter, Dick, Souness etc but for some reason him saying it is somehow a bigger deal than our lack of effort. Which is laughable when you consider all the moaning about lack of heart and desire and winning mentality. The manager demands it and he might as well have sung the soldier song for some people.

:tu: 

The tone, and the vast majority of the content of what he said was spot on. Exactly the kind of attitude that's needed from a manager towards a team that's been so sloppy so many times, actually. Losing 3 to Hamilton isn't something that should go unnoticed by the manager.  No idea how people miss this point when the usual complaint in regards to this team is of slackness and lack of concentration.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

I honestly don't see the connection between how certain clubs supporters or employees have acted towards us and us being irresponsible with our game management?!?!

It's the connotations of the word respect, and what people interpret it to mean in the context of us/Scottish football that's getting discussed as an extension of the OP. I agree with Murty in that we should have been less cavalier considering we had let 2 easy goals in already. 

There is no connection between those things, it's the word respect that's connected because of forum members interpretation of his interview.

Murty is right, we were sloppy for large periods of the game.

Six minutes on the clock and we give away a sloppy goal. Which against better teams could have lost us three points.

Our defence was woeful at times they were panicking when Hamilton closed us down and made us think quick.

Even if you are six goals up you need to keep your shape and not give away stupid goals.

32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's been lost by people who can't comprehend the English language. I've never seen a thread more full of absolute moronism on here :lol:

The only problem I see with your view is that we lose more goals when in a defensive position with morons working their way into trouble and  giving the ball away and wasting the good work done by the forwards, shipping three goals to Hamilton Accs. FFS.

Murty's right about formation but you need quality in midfield which we still seem to lack and have a track record of shipping easy goals(for the last three years) even when completely changing the C/B's.

The respect pish is what it is Pish, Murty needs to sort out the midfield and maybe then the defence will sort itself.

I mean you could argue that it's s a major factor in why we're not closer to the top of the league. The hibs and killie games off the top of my head we pissed points away from getting two excited and leaving the back door open, and Aberdeen should have scored immediately following two of our goals in the last game at Ibrox. It's definitely a problem, whatever you make of his decision to frame it as a matter of 'respect. ' 

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Stupid, stupid comment.

You show respect to any sport and fellow competitors by competing fairly, honestly and by trying to do your best at all times with total integrity.

You treat the opposition with the contempt it deserves and not by lowering yourself to their level. Football players are a shower of cheating, get one over your opposition before he gets it into you first and that game is played before a ball is kicked, buying the oppositions best players etc etc. Respect, don’t make me laugh it’s dog eat dog and the only respect the opposition get is when you gub them.

Right so scoring too many goals is unprofessional...

Take that attutude into the tarriers game next month and we will be "unprofessionally" slaughtered. Again.

Wish we would get this shite so far to fuck away from the club :britney:

Although he left it open to interpretation I think his point is by pushing eight into their half we had abandoned our game plan and were showing zero respect to the fact that Hamilton could take advantage of the situation, almost like...it doesn’t matter as you are shite anyway. To be honest he’s every right to be unhappy if we’ve lost our shape and individuals are disregarding their instructions  

If it’s anything else around respecting them? - fuck that.  

He was obviously talking about us being sloppy losing the third goal, but I can see why people picked up on the disrespectful bit,murty is asked a question and goes on and on without actually getting to the point he does it in every interview,he talks for 5 minutes with sound bites and the usual cliches 

10 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

semantics and you know it. Far too intelligent a poster to play this game CB.

It’s really not, now whether what he said isn’t exactly what he meant is up for debate. 

But it comes across as we shouldn’t have 8 players in the Accies half when 5-2 up because it’s simply taking the piss. 

“Extracting The Urine” to quote a Rangers Legend, should done at every opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s really not, now whether what he said isn’t exactly what he meant is up for debate. 

But it comes across as we shouldn’t have 8 players in the Accies half when 5-2 up because it’s simply taking the piss. 

“Extracting The Urine” to quote a Rangers Legend, should done at every opportunity. 

It only comes across like that if you don't put the comment into context. Its about respecting the ability of any opponent to punish sloppy play and fits exactly into the preceding comment about prifessionalism.

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It only comes across like that if you don't put the comment into context. Its about respecting the ability of any opponent to punish sloppy play and fits exactly into the preceding comment about prifessionalism.

That’s whats up for debate. 

It can come across either way, is he saying it’s unprofessional to hammer another team when the game is won or is it your take on what he said. 

Also I don’t understand what’s sloppy about having 8 players in the opposition half when you are bossing the game, Is there a set number that must stay in our half, so we have 6 players all standing on the half way line. 

Personally I believe that’s not what he means, but he made a horses arse of getting is point across. 

42 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s whats up for debate. 

It can come across either way, is he saying it’s unprofessional to hammer another team when the game is won or is it your take on what he said. 

Also I don’t understand what’s sloppy about having 8 players in the opposition half when you are bossing the game, Is there a set number that must stay in our half, so we have 6 players all standing on the half way line. 

Personally I believe that’s not what he means, but he made a horses arse of getting is point across. 

Its sloppy if it leads to losing shape and control, I don't think it was 8 players per se just the loss of formation and allowing gaps that could be exploited.

I think too many are seeing 'opposition' as Hamilton rather than the opponent in any game. Murty is trying to introduce consistency to the team and that was where his frustration was evident.

15 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its sloppy if it leads to losing shape and control, I don't think it was 8 players per se just the loss of formation and allowing gaps that could be exploited.

I think too many are seeing 'opposition' as Hamilton rather than the opponent in any game. Murty is trying to introduce consistency to the team and that was where his frustration was evident.

If our defensive woes were down to loss of formation I could maybe see his point but it’s not it’s just basic errors. 

Look at the Accies game first goal was schoolboy stuff, second was a poor clearance from a poor defender. 

Either way mate, it was a clumsy interview. 

16 hours ago, Inigo said:

But for one short line of 6 words (which is the kind of comment that people are very sensitive to these days but I wouldn't get too hung up on because I don't think that's the crux of his beef) I can see where he's coming from and I like the intention.

We were very loose at times and that could kill us in the future and has done in the past. It's a good thing to keep banging his drum about with this group. I think he's quite rightly trying to make sure people don't forget about things they need to be working on and never to let good habits waver.

:tu:

I think he has used "respect" in the context of allowing the opposition the chance to exploit us if too many are playing out of position .... so not a problem really as he is (in my mind) calling for more discipline from the players and is addressing that aspect of our game .... any team that scores three against us deserves to be "respected" for their attacking threat ... and this needs to be rectified obviously.

One clumsy mistake a clearance that went straight to them and surviving a near miss by Murphy  allowed them to penetrate us too easily .... as for the penalty that was never a penalty ... the ref fucked that up completely ..... so the need to realise that we need to tighten up or be punished is the message I took from GM's post match interview.

:UK:

Just .... just wow. 

Murty has said nothing wrong here. I can’t understand why some are so quick to be negative. 

If something has the ability to hurt you then you should show it some respect. A stray dog, fire, snakes whatever. Respect it’s ability to hurt you and you won’t get hurt. 

Murty is not saying that we should not try and score more goals. He is saying that we should acknowledge and respect that they have the ability to close that gap. That we should respect their ability to score. We managed to put 5 past them while keeping our shape, there is no need to go gung ho in order to score more. We need to stick to our tactics and score more.

I am sure Murty is on record previously for saying we should have scored more. He is in record saying we need to be more ruthless. That we should put ourselves out of site. 

I think it is remarkable that a manager comes out after a 5-3 away victory to take us into 2nd and shows how angry he is at the manner in which we conceded goals. 

I took his comments as a sign of a perfectionist and a winner  

11 hours ago, Spliffy said:

It's the connotations of the word respect, and what people interpret it to mean in the context of us/Scottish football that's getting discussed as an extension of the OP. I agree with Murty in that we should have been less cavalier considering we had let 2 easy goals in already. 

There is no connection between those things, it's the word respect that's connected because of forum members interpretation of his interview.

An interpretation that's entirely wrong but still the guys being hounded for it.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He said exactly what he meant. They've taken 2 goals off us from open play with only 2 shots at goal. You can't underestimate teams either before or during the game. It wouldn't fly under Walter and I don't see what the issue is here tbh.

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Right so scoring too many goals is unprofessional...

Take that attutude into the tarriers game next month and we will be "unprofessionally" slaughtered. Again.

Wish we would get this shite so far to fuck away from the club :britney:

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Next we'll have players going into the opposition changing rooms after the game to apologise for scoring goals.

He didn't mean it as show respect to the by not scoring and trying to embarrass them, he meant it as show them respect as they can still hurt us especially when 8 of our players are in their half, which they did. 

39 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

He said exactly what he meant. They've taken 2 goals off us from open play with only 2 shots at goal. You can't underestimate teams either before or during the game. It wouldn't fly under Walter and I don't see what the issue is here tbh.

That had nothing to do with having 8 men attacking in their half or some how showing teams disrespect.