Redwhiteandblue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

If you think Windass is good, you obviously watch football but don't fuckin understand the first thing about it.  Hence, you're the one that should consider giving it up.

A hate midfielders who contribute 23 goals & assists by Feburary.

Shite players

Windass, IMO is a gifted but flawed player. He is a great chance of scoring when running towards the 18 yard line, unless the keeper comes off his line. He sometimes remembers his defensive duties, sometimes disappears. In a strong Rangers side - which we're getting towards - there is a place for him. (But he should have been subbed off about the 60 minute mark against Hearts).

Cummings: Far too many plaudits offered in here for a player yet to show enough at the level (albeit not great) at which we are now back to playing. I'm a bit "old school" so his smiley tattoo on his hand (WTF goes through people's heads when they walk into a tattoo parlour??) and his "cumdog" nick name both make me cringe. I could happily ignore those if I were convinced of his quality as a player - but this jury is a long way from returning a positive verdict on that. I liked both his goals for us so far - but not anywhere near as good as some of Morelos's goals - and no indication of anywhere near the capability as a one-up striker. I honestly don't think he'll be offered a contract at the end of the season based on what I've seen. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and give me two fingers with his smiley hand.

16 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Because Murty has a blind spot for Windass, whom we know from various interviews is the manager's suck up. There's always that shiny apple sitting on Murty's table in the morning that no one knows where it comes from. 

Cummings will win through. He has much more all round technical ability, with a mentality to match and contributes far more to team efforts.

Another goal less performance from Windass has got to see him benched. Surely?!

Change the record ya bore.

Personally I think he dosent start for the obvious, Morelos is a far better player an we are playing with 1 main striker

he could slip into windass’s position just behind but again imo windass is better there than Cummings 

If he signs a permanent deal an Morelos goes, that’s his best chance why would we even consider dropping the deadliest striker in the league, who we own, for a guy who’s not even our player yet? An btw I like Cummings.

13 hours ago, PRW. said:

Can't work out if you're actually at the wind up or not.

I'll pretend you aren't for a laugh. For someone who is "that fucking bad" in the ten role, he has 10 (15 in all comps) goals & 8 assists in the SPFL, which makes him joint second top scorer in the entire league. And its not a fluke either, his expected goals is sitting at 9, he gets in to fantastic positions every single game. He is a massive threat to the opposition, especially with his pace. Regular pulls our team up the pitch, threat on the counter and good at pressing teams.

Don't know how you can seriously watch him every week and think he is "so fucking bad" unless there is some sort of agenda. He can be inconsistent, doesn't make him a bad player. 

There aren’t many players who play his position who aren’t inconsistent. Look at Ozil, he’s considered one of the best number 10’s in the world, but he’s riddled with inconsistency. It just seems to be a trait of people who play that position right across the board :lol: 

I actually started this thread for a laugh and can't believe its still going. 

But if it was up to me, I would put Morelos in Windass's spot (he spends most of the time we're attacking outside the box anyway) and put Cummings up top. I reckon Cummings would finish a lot of the "easy" chances that Morelos misses and it would give Morelos someone to aim for when he's charging down the wing and cutting into the box and crossing it to no one. 

12 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I actually started this thread for a laugh and can't believe its still going. 

But if it was up to me, I would put Morelos in Windass's spot (he spends most of the time we're attacking outside the box anyway) and put Cummings up top. I reckon Cummings would finish a lot of the "easy" chances that Morelos misses and it would give Morelos someone to aim for when he's charging down the wing and cutting into the box and crossing it to no one. 

So even though we are playing our best football in about 6 years you would still change it and move our best striker, and league top scorer, into a number 10 role?

I don't know where people are getting their views on Cummings being a great striker already? Is it just from his time at HIbs? 

17 minutes ago, GT66 said:

So even though we are playing our best football in about 6 years you would still change it and move our best striker, and league top scorer, into a number 10 role?

I don't know where people are getting their views on Cummings being a great striker already? Is it just from his time at HIbs? 

Think it must be. He hasn't done it since he left. At the junkies he had loads more space than he will get now as teams sit in more. Not convinced he is up to it in this league. Needs games to get up to speed but wouldn't change things just for him to get game time. 

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

A hate midfielders who contribute 23 goals & assists by Feburary.

Shite players

Mostly against your Accies , Fraserburghs & the like. No matter how many goals they're involved in, I don't want shitebag primadonna pricks anywhere near us. Sorry.

15 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Mostly against your Accies , Fraserburghs & the like. No matter how many goals they're involved in, I don't want shitebag primadonna pricks anywhere near us. Sorry.

He's scored against Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts. The only team at the top of the League he hasn't done it against is the Taigs. I'm not his biggest fan but to say he only does it against the diddy sides isn't true. 

Due to the system Murty is playing and the work rate Morelos puts in then its clear he is 2nd choice.

Can bother be partnered in the same starting line up against a better quality of opposition then the system would have to change.

As it stands I'm happy with the way things are going.