Semi final ballot

hampden86

Got to hope Motherwell win the other semi , they show a bit of sense and take the allocation they know they can sell unlike yer hibs and sheep of the worlds where S/T holders are entitled to 200 tickets each just to get half hampdens allocation , Motherwell get to the final and so do we , all the bears signed up will get a ticket 

28 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The 3 thousand going to buses sounds about right - if I were to hazard a guess.

Sorry, can't agree on that. This means that fans who have been to every cup game miss out, and those tickets go to buses to be given to people who haven't supported the team at the match through earlier rounds? Nah.

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

Sorry, can't agree on that. This means that fans who have been to every cup game miss out, and those tickets go to buses to be given to people who haven't supported the team at the match through earlier rounds? Nah.

Fans that go to every cup game regardless will have missed out anyway tho. 

The buses have always got an allocation for celtic games at Hampden. 

9 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

RSC's are the people who are taking up away allocations every week, they deserve to get at least as much as they do arguably more

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Always a fair amount of them in the same seats every hampden game , find it hard to believe that’s not a set a side allocation to be honest 

They have a couple of hundred members. Considering the majority of people on the cccs have been successful in the last few semis and finals, it's not unrealistic that the majority of their members will get tickets. 

As I said before, the club recognises them as a singing section so always put them in the same place at Hampden. The taig brigade are always in the same place behind the goal aswell. 

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Always a fair amount of them in the same seats every hampden game , find it hard to believe that’s not a set a side allocation to be honest 

I think they all go into a friendship group, the same way you can do with your mates for away tickets so you are seated together. Not every Union Bear will get a ticket, but there's a good chance the majority of the them will be on the CCCS scheme meaning the majority will (and will be seated together)

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

They have a couple of hundred members. Considering the majority of people on the cccs have been successful in the last few semis and finals, it's not unrealistic that the majority of their members will get tickets. 

As I said before, the club recognises them as a singing section so always put them in the same place at Hampden. The taig brigade are always in the same place behind the goal aswell. 

I’d assume there’s less than a hundred 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

It flags up on the ballot system the lad/lass is a ub member when his/her name comes out in the ballot ? 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

It flags up on the ballot system the lad/lass is a ub member when his/her name comes out in the ballot ? 

I don't know but they must have some agreement in place with the club. Certainly not every one of their members goes to every away game but they're always grouped together. 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Nope

No one in the UB gets any special treatment from the TO. Cant quite grasp how hard that is to understand. Most members go every week so it's not to hard to pull a ticket out for a game that we get near 20k tickets for.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think they all go into a friendship group, the same way you can do with your mates for away tickets so you are seated together. Not every Union Bear will get a ticket, but there's a good chance the majority of the them will be on the CCCS scheme meaning the majority will (and will be seated together)

We’re only allowed 5 friends and family maximum thats how I’ve always thought the ub must have a hampden allocation set a side from our ballot by the club , there’s always a good few of them together , if I’m wrong I stand corrected , don’t think i am though 

Just now, Cedrick said:

We’re only allowed 5 friends and family maximum thats how I’ve always thought the ub must have a hampden allocation set a side from our ballot by the club , there’s always a good few of them together , if I’m wrong I stand corrected , don’t think i am though 

You are wrong

24 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

RSC's are the people who are taking up away allocations every week, they deserve to get at least as much as they do arguably more

I think the RSCs deserve, but less than they get. not because they take up away allocation every week. That allocation would be sold every week anyway. There are more signed up for away games than any team allocates us. 

29 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Would think most buses do it on a loyalty basis, any tickets available are allocated by number of games attended, I know mine does it that way.

34 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Nope

No one in the UB gets any special treatment from the TO. Cant quite grasp how hard that is to understand. Most members go every week so it's not to hard to pull a ticket out for a game that we get near 20k tickets for.

Hows there always ten or so rows of a the UB behind the goals together then ? The only explanation can be if there isnt an allocation set aside , a UB lad and his 4 mates (friends and family max 5) come out the ballot, it flags up on the system they are a UB member or flags up BF1 and Rangers TO then put them behind the goal and it continues like that till ballot is completed and that’s how they have there own section ? 

3 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss said:

I think the RSCs deserve, but less than they get. not because they take up away allocation every week. That allocation would be sold every week anyway. There are more signed up for away games than any team allocates us. 

Don't agree because if the buses don't get tickets, then buses don't run and a decent % of those folk don't get to the games or it would put some folk off going knowing there's no bus in their area. 

It's not that bad if your in Glasgow and getting the train to Hamilton or Motherwell or something but a train return from Glasgow to Edinburgh can be about £20 ... £40 to Perth ...a fortune for Dundee ... sky high Aberdeen. 

3 hours ago, Siwel said:

Think they sometimes do one for tickets left over if payments dont go through. Could be a load of shite but I thought that happened last year

Yeah. I have def had one on a second ballot before. Not saying it happens every time mind 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't agree because if the buses don't get tickets, then buses don't run and a decent % of those folk don't get to the games or it would put some folk off going knowing there's no bus in their area. 

It's not that bad if your in Glasgow and getting the train to Hamilton or Motherwell or something but a train return from Glasgow to Edinburgh can be about £20 ... £40 to Perth ...a fortune for Dundee ... sky high Aberdeen. 

Fair dos. I didn’t say they shouldn’t get any, I said they get too many. They can still run buses with less and then more people signed up could get some. I know people not signed up who get almost every away game. Not right, IMHO. 

I’m all for signing up and being rewarded for that, same as I think you should be priority for Hampden for ‘attending’ previous games, not just buying a ticket. 

Just now, VladimirWeiss said:

Fair dos. I didn’t say they shouldn’t get any, I said they get too many. They can still run buses with less and then more people signed up could get some. I know people not signed up who get almost every away game. Not right, IMHO. 

I’m all for signing up and being rewarded for that, same as I think you should be priority for Hampden for ‘attending’ previous games, not just buying a ticket. 

In theory they could - but suffer losses. 

There's been a big demand for away tickets past couple of years which is remarkable because we are utter shite but on the day, a lot of buses are taking a loss or sharing with other buses because they don't have the tickets (with the exception of a couple of clubs who do well) ... take away even a couple of tickets from their allocations and they might not even run some of them.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In theory they could - but suffer losses. 

There's been a big demand for away tickets past couple of years which is remarkable because we are utter shite but on the day, a lot of buses are taking a loss or sharing with other buses because they don't have the tickets (with the exception of a couple of clubs who do well) ... take away even a couple of tickets from their allocations and they might not even run some of them.

Yeah I know. The work they do is awesome. I don’t begrudge them tickets. I get my fair share from mine. 

I just don’t particularly like the way we allocate our tickets for the big cup games. I’ve been lucky, but others consistently aren’t, it’s not right.