Semi final ballot

hampden86

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why do we have this same debate after every ballot, it’s the only way to do it. 

I know. I' just raging because none of the 3 of us have had a ticket in the last 3 ballots. It seems a bit unfair 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

I know. I' just raging because none of the 3 of us have had a ticket in the last 3 ballots. It seems a bit unfair 

That seems weird I would be questioning them on that can’t get unlucky that many times did you get a ticket for the Motherwell semi final a few months back through the cccs ? 

3 hours ago, ricksen_da_best said:

That is not true regarding a set allocation.

UB don't get any set allocations for any matches. 

Thats my understanding if you are in BF and name comes out the ballot your put in the same section at hampden. No set allocations for anyone and utter nonsense that we get any special treatment. 

Mate I’m not agreeing with the other guy about special treatment just putting it out there that I’m BF1 season ticket holder and have been papped into the north stand for this one. I usualy get the same section as the UB but this season I’ve also been put up the club deck twice for taig matches and now the north at Hampden ?

15 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I would query that Jinty, it can’t be a coincidence that you keep missing out. 

I’ve  only ever missed one ballot and it was Manchester, believe me raging doesn’t cover it. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed mate, it’s best for Bears to ask their local Bus before joining. 

Also usually the last folk on a Bus are bottom of the Q for any tickets going. 

Not necessarily true, mate.

Been on my bus for years, but if you were to pay your membership in June and attend every game, you'd have as much of a chance of a ticket as I would for any game.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would query that Jinty, it can’t be a coincidence that you keep missing out. 

I’ve  only ever missed one ballot and it was Manchester, believe me raging doesn’t cover it. 

Just off the phone. First of all she said she would have to talk to a manager about our account which gave me a wee glimmer of hope! Then she came back and said we're just been unlucky. She said 19000 people were the same as us that had attended every single game and unfortunately not all of them got a ticket. I asked why there wasn't something in place that if someone missed the last ballot then they should be guaranteed a ticket in the next ballot but she said each game is treated as a new ballot and it's just your luck (of which I obviously have none).

I just find it weird that she had to speak to someone about our account considering she must have been taking the same calls all morning!! 

BTW she was absolutely lovely and sounded totally sympathetic but I'm seriously gutted.

Just off the phone. First of all she said she would have to talk to a manager about our account which gave me a wee glimmer of hope! Then she came back and said we're just been unlucky. She said 19000 people were the same as us that had attended every single game and unfortunately not all of them got a ticket. I asked why there wasn't something in place that if someone missed the last ballot then they should be guaranteed a ticket in the next ballot but she said each game is treated as a new ballot and it's just your luck (of which I obviously have none).

I just find it weird that she had to speak to someone about our account considering she must have been taking the same calls all morning!! 

BTW she was absolutely lovely and sounded totally sympathetic but I'm seriously gutted.

I have had the same discussion with them in the past.  Only difference is though, I picked them up on using the word attended.  19k people probably bought the ticket, but didn't attend, can guarantee that.  With the system in place at Ibrox they know who attends and who doesn't.  Thats my only wee gripe with the ticketing system.  

I don't see anyway around a different ballot for each game.  Just the way it is with such a large loyal support and shitty stadiums in our country.  

Just now, VladimirWeiss said:

I have had the same discussion with them in the past.  Only difference is though, I picked them up on using the word attended.  19k people probably bought the ticket, but didn't attend, can guarantee that.  With the system in place at Ibrox they know who attends and who doesn't.  Thats my only wee gripe with the ticketing system.  

I don't see anyway around a different ballot for each game.  Just the way it is with such a large loyal support and shitty stadiums in our country.  

It would never work with the attended thing. 

I was moved from BF4 to BF2 at the Falkirk game and was obviously given a paper ticket. How would they know I attended?

2 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Tbh the falkirk game and dunfermline game for example looked well attended by season ticket holders. I'd be surprised if any more than 5% of the 19000 didn't show.

You've also got NI boys, guys on the rigs etc who would buy the ticket but not go. The club win out it and the guys stay in contention.

You can't base it on attendance either 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It would never work with the attended thing. 

I was moved from BF4 to BF2 at the Falkirk game and was obviously given a paper ticket. How would they know I attended?

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Tbh the falkirk game and dunfermline game for example looked well attended by season ticket holders. I'd be surprised if any more than 5% of the 19000 didn't show.

You've also got NI boys, guys on the rigs etc who would buy the ticket but not go. The club win out it and the guys stay in contention.

You can't base it on attendance either 

Fair points.  :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Not necessarily true, mate.

Been on my bus for years, but if you were to pay your membership in June and attend every game, you'd have as much of a chance of a ticket as I would for any game.

You want to see a scene on my Bus try giving someone a ticket that’s just joined over a member that’s been going for years. ??

15 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Did you ask how they do the ballot?? 

Is it just a random number generator?? 

42 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

That seems weird I would be questioning them on that can’t get unlucky that many times did you get a ticket for the Motherwell semi final a few months back through the cccs ? 

Yeah we did. I think that everybody got one for that! I actually forgot about that one because I'm too busy being raging that I never seem to get one for the OF!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did you ask how they do the ballot?? 

Is it just a random number generator?? 

She said that everyone who has attended all the games were put in the ballot. She just said there were 19000 who had attended all games and not all of them were lucky. I asked how unlucky I was when none of us have had tickets for the last 3 OFs at hampden. I honestly think for some reason we weren't in the ballot  because of the fact she had to speak to a manager. Her exact words were "could you hold in because I have to speak to a manager about your account" Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I find it strange. As I said she was really sympathetic and in the grand scheme of things it wasn't her fault ?

She said that everyone who has attended all the games were put in the ballot. She just said there were 19000 who had attended all games and not all of them were lucky. I asked how unlucky I was when none of us have had tickets for the last 3 OFs at hampden. I honestly think for some reason we weren't in the ballot  because of the fact she had to speak to a manager. Her exact words were "could you hold in because I have to speak to a manager about your account" Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I find it strange. As I said she was really sympathetic and in the grand scheme of things it wasn't her fault ?

Probably was her fault and she’s chucked you out of the running for any in the future now 

7 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Well done Jinty you've just blacklisted yourself at the ticket office for being a demanding little trouble maker. Kiss goodbye to any tickets now. Hope your happy.