SOS to Walter

GeeSS

Marty cannot and should not be in charge of another match that much is obvious. 

The only solution I can see short term is to ask Walter to help us in our hour of need  and guide us through the next five games  he considered the Scotland job a few weeks ago so I feel he would not turn his back on us if asked. We need someone who commands respect from the players fans and directors alike someone who can even make the players scared not to perform and who is tactically aware Walter is that man.  Walter would sort out the underperformers and galvanise the club Then  come the end of the season we can bring in a management team (god knows who) and go from there. 

Just now, GeeSS said:

Have a word with yourself  

No I think it's you that needs to have a word with your dreary SOS Walter thread - next to Rossiter when he's back? threads this is probably the next most common one.

He's not interested in managing us - FACT.
He wanted to manage Scotland - FACT.

Sorry if the facts don't sit right with you.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Marty cannot and should not be in charge of another match that much is obvious. 

The only solution I can see short term is to ask Walter to help us in our hour of need  and guide us through the next five games  he considered the Scotland job a few weeks ago so I feel he would not turn his back on us if asked. We need someone who commands respect from the players fans and directors alike someone who can even make the players scared not to perform and who is tactically aware Walter is that man.  Walter would sort out the underperformers and galvanise the club Then  come the end of the season we can bring in a management team (god knows who) and go from there. 

He's already been asked and said no, he's not stupid. Do you honestly think the current board haven't already spoke with him? Half our board worked with him for years, they are on first name terms. 

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No I think it's you that needs to have a word with your dreary SOS Walter thread - next to Rossiter when he's back? threads this is probably the next most common one.

He's not interested in managing us - FACT.
He wanted to manage Scotland - FACT.

Sorry if the facts don't sit right with you.

I agree with your point but it's a bit harsh to say he doesn't give a fuck about Rangers. 

He'd be mad to come to us and potentially have his reputation ruined.

It's not just Walter, it's clear no one wants to come here. I think it's due to the fact folk don't trust our board and don't want to work under them, that's just speculation of course but it says it all when the best we can come up with is Pedro and our youth coach. Even Mcinnes snubbed us. There has to be something more to this, we are one of the world's biggest club and have a shot at playing in the champions league every season yet we're going months without a manager. Somethings not right here and personally I think it's because of the board and the reputation they have

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I agree with your point but it's a bit harsh to say he doesn't give a fuck about Rangers. 

It's not just Walter, it's clear no one wants to come here. I think it's due to the fact folk don't trust our board and don't want to work under them, that's just speculation of course but it says it all when the best we can come up with is Pedro and our youth coach. Even Mcinnes snubbed us. There has to be something more to this, we are one of the world's biggest club and have a shot at playing in the champions league every season yet we're going months without a manager. Somethings not right here and personally I think it's because of the board and the reputation they have

He's a Rangers supporter but he doesn't care enough to manage us - I don't blame him for it. 

Similar to McInnes - a Rangers supporter but doesn't care enough to manage us either. 

He walked out on us as chairman too after taking a hefty chunk of change to avoid (at a guess) working with Green instead of staying on the board and fighting our corner. 

You have Rangers supporters like me, you and the majority of posters on here and you have Rangers supporters like Smith, McInnes, McCoist, Barry Ferguson who think totally differently in everything they do.

9 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

It’s more than the board. As a support we have demands and expectations far beyond what we can realistically hope to achieve with the resources the club have and the quality of player we have at the moment.

Any manager with any sense or knowledge of the club knows that they won’t be given the proper tools needed to do the job effectively (ultimately that does come back to the board) and they know that they are on a hiding to nothing if they take the job. McInnes knew it, Smith knows it and any other manager with any ability or self respect will know it too.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s more than the board. As a support we have demands and expectations far beyond what we can realistically hope to achieve with the resources the club have and the quality of player we have at the moment.

Any manager with any sense or knowledge of the club knows that they won’t be given the proper tools needed to do the job effectively (ultimately that does come back to the board) and they know that they are on a hiding to nothing if they take the job. McInnes knew it, Smith knows it and any other manager with any ability or self respect will know it too.

what expectations do we have that are unrealistic?

i think the majority of us just want us to be able to compete with the taigs who are not superstars in any sense of the word. I dont think anyone expects us to be winning the champions league or anything. Most of us just dont want us losing week in and week out to teams like Hamilton and Kilmarnock. I dont think its unrealistic to want to win a two horse race. We just want a team that can put the effort in and has the fight to win games and not lie down to the taigs like we did yesterday. I dont think our expectations are unrealistic at all. Yes we pile a lot of pressure on managers but thats never going to change and its something all managers and pros should be able to deal with 

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what expectations do we have that are unrealistic?

i think the majority of us just want us to be able to compete with the taigs who are not superstars in any sense of the word. I dont think anyone expects us to be winning the champions league or anything. Most of us just dont want us losing week in and week out to teams like Hamilton and Kilmarnock. I dont think its unrealistic to want to win a two horse race. We just want a team that can put the effort in and has the fight to win games and not lie down to the taigs like we did yesterday. I dont think our expectations are unrealistic at all. Yes we pile a lot of pressure on managers but thats never going to change and its something all managers and pros should be able to deal with 

As a support we expect to be challenging for the league title and winning trophies every season but with the quality of players and the lack of money we have at the moment that isn’t going to happen.

People can kid themselves on all they want that the fact we are Rangers means we should automatically be doing these things but in football cash is king and until more money is invested and we have a higher class of player available to us we aren’t going to achieve anything close to what the support expect or demand that we do.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

probably every time a thicko posts the same shite on here

Who the fuck are you calling a thicko ?  If you don’t agree fair enough but don’t ever call me a thicko  again    It’s easy to head behind a keyboard  calling fellow supporters names but be brave and try saying it to my face !

5 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Who the fuck are you calling a thicko ?  If you don’t agree fair enough but don’t ever call me a thicko  again    It’s easy to head behind a keyboard  calling fellow supporters names but be brave and try saying it to my face !

Take a blade to him mate that's out of order the way he spoke to you there

35 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

He's already been asked and said no, he's not stupid. Do you honestly think the current board haven't already spoke with him?

I know we are in desperate times but this expecting Walter back every time we have another bad result is just silly, I am sure like you have said that he was asked, before Pedro probably, and only a few weeks ago said the 'only' job he would come out of retirement for would be the Scotland one. 

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

probably every time a thicko posts the same shite on here tbh

11 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

No reply from soze, shat it.