Hummel

jjbscotty12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Disagree mate.

its a representation of our club. Hummel is a budget, bargain bucket sack of fucking shite and shows how far we have slipped in stature. Try telling youngsters who are more brand aware than us old cunts that they are expected to wear honking hummel kit and it may well have more of a bearing on whether or not they want to purchase it.

I was also only half kidding about kids getting done in at school for wearing snide gear an all.

it was more about the younger generation who, like it or not, will give more of a fuck about things like this than cunts who are still looking to shop in fuckin BHS. "jeans n shirts pal, that's aw I need cos am no a fuckin POOF CUNT. fuckin claithes ur fur wanks anyroads!".

one thing that stands out for me is that it just so happens that sports direct is their main distribution channel. funny that. not that this whole deal reeks to fucking hell and back enough without us remaining tied in with Sports Direct after supposedly paying them off.

its a fucking riddy from top to bottom.

Edit: I also add that its fair enough if they are paying the most. it is what it is. the flip side of that though is that we really are in a fucking financial nick if we are whoring ourselves out to all and sundry and compromising quality.

Told my youngest 2 it’s hummel this morning, got the same look when their Mum buys them stuff out of Primark. ??

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

My Orange NTL long sleeved didn't peel or fuck all, still was in pristine nick.

Cunts washing them in council washing machines with Farmfoods detergent.

So you agree that make doesn't equal quality then?

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Told my youngest 2 it’s hummel this morning, got the same look when their Mum buys them stuff out of Primark. ??

:lol:

I don't know if you are being serious but I genuinely believe that with youngsters being FAR more brand aware these days it could well have an adverse impact as to appetite to buy.

Back in the day cunts just cut about wearing whatever. now in the monitored instagram facebook snapchat generation where everyone likes to pretend they are living the fuckin rockstar lifestyle, if you aren't wearing a pair of Edwin jeans and a shirt from Acne with a platinum Mr Porter account then you're a fuckin wank. Brand awareness is higher than it ever has been, like it or not, and no amount of old miserable cunts on a forum who have their wife's / blow up dolls buying their gear for them can convince me that people don't give a fuck about these things. they do.

playground doings and mental scarring will be taking place up and down the country when cunts rock up in fuckin PISH hummel kit.

Really cant wait to see how they spin the distribution arrangement with Sports Direct. Absolute fuckin roaster bastards. PARASITES.

10 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I don't know if you are being serious but I genuinely believe that with youngsters being FAR more brand aware these days it could well have an adverse impact as to appetite to buy.

Back in the day cunts just cut about wearing whatever. now in the monitored instagram facebook snapchat generation where everyone likes to pretend they are living the fuckin rockstar lifestyle, if you aren't wearing a pair of Edwin jeans and a shirt from Acne with a platinum Mr Porter account then you're a fuckin wank. Brand awareness is higher than it ever has been, like it or not, and no amount of old miserable cunts on a forum who have their wife's / blow up dolls buying their gear for them can convince me that people don't give a fuck about these things. they do.

playground doings and mental scarring will be taking place up and down the country when cunts rock up in fuckin PISH hummel kit.

Really cant wait to see how they spin the distribution arrangement with Sports Direct. Absolute fuckin roaster bastards. PARASITES.

Edwin,Acne Mr Porter, am i the only one with no clue what these are?

15 hours ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

This the cheapo brand that plaster arrows all over the sleeves of everything they create?

They are certainly not a "cheapo" brand. They do some really nice stuff, but the football tops arent really their strength, in my opinion. However, we will be the biggest club they have and we will have a big say in the design I reckon.

36 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Disagree mate.

its a representation of our club. Hummel is a budget, bargain bucket sack of fucking shite and shows how far we have slipped in stature. Try telling youngsters who are more brand aware than us old cunts that they are expected to wear honking hummel kit and it may well have more of a bearing on whether or not they want to purchase it.

I was also only half kidding about kids getting done in at school for wearing snide gear an all.

it was more about the younger generation who, like it or not, will give more of a fuck about things like this than cunts who are still looking to shop in fuckin BHS. "jeans n shirts pal, that's aw I need cos am no a fuckin POOF CUNT. fuckin claithes ur fur wanks anyroads!".

one thing that stands out for me is that it just so happens that sports direct is their main distribution channel. funny that. not that this whole deal reeks to fucking hell and back enough without us remaining tied in with Sports Direct after supposedly paying them off.

its a fucking riddy from top to bottom.

Edit: I also add that its fair enough if they are paying the most. it is what it is. the flip side of that though is that we really are in a fucking financial nick if we are whoring ourselves out to all and sundry and compromising quality.

It isnt. I know it isnt a huge brand and not a well know brand in UK, but in Scandinavia its very popular.. They make some very good stuff and the quality is very good.

20 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Deadly serious mate, 

13 year old daughter refused to go to her Netball training unless she had Nike/Adidas leggings/top like the rest of the team. 

23 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

It isnt. I know it isnt a huge brand and not a well know brand in UK, but in Scandinavia its very popular.. They make some very good stuff and the quality is very good.

we are not in Scandinavia. we are in the UK. FTP.

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Deadly serious mate, 

13 year old daughter refused to go to her Netball training unless she had Nike/Adidas leggings/top like the rest of the team. 

Aye that's fine but it's got a Rangers brand attached.

You buy the product cos it's got that on it not because who made it.

I remember now not enjoying helicopter Sunday cos we were wearing those cheap very poorly made tops with diadora on it.

28 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Generally Scandinavian clothing is decent quality. Get a lot of outdoor/fishing stuff and it's excellent. 

Just now, gsa said:

Generally Scandinavian clothing is decent quality. Get a lot of outdoor/fishing stuff and it's excellent. 

Correct. Regarding Hummel.. a lot of their leisure wear is very nice design and "cut" and very good quality also. I think that they will definitely make an effort with us (if true).

12 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Aye that's fine but it's got a Rangers brand attached.

You buy the product cos it's got that on it not because who made it.

I remember now not enjoying helicopter Sunday cos we were wearing those cheap very poorly made tops with diadora on it.

Makes no difference to me mate, but I can see where KW is coming from when it comes to the young fans and the actual brand being everything. 

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

I think we’re far too narrow minded here & have been for a while, hence why the tarriers have been well ahead of us in a retail sense for years (long before admin).

We take on a shirt manufacturer based on the offer they put on the table for cash up front & that’s about all we get as we just don’t sell the tops! Yet is it any wonder we don’t sell the tops, with fuck all exposure outwith Scotland? Go take a look at NB website, have a look at their sites for other countries such as Australia, USA, Canada, South Africa, Asia & all over Europe and you’ll see a tarrier top for sale! That’s massive exposure for them! The world over! That’s just their website as well, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have tops in the NB shops in these countries too. A top can just be the start of it, soon they are tapping in to media & other merchandise. Developing & progressing the brand! 

Yet here we are taking deals that offer us a wee bit of extra cash to begin with but fuck all long term & next to nothing in the way of exposure. Now we might get more money up front going with a Hummel or a Diadora but you won’t shift as many tops. A smaller up front fee increasing to the same amount due to the number of shirts sold is better business as it grows the Rangers brand. And you can’t deny that more people will buy a top made by your bigger brands! I’m not talking about your die hard fan who buys the top because it has RFC in it but you’re casual fan, who see’s an Adidas top & buys it because it’s a make he’s happy to be seen in. 

We were once at the forefront of Football in Britain, leading the way with the best facilities & business models! Now we’re like an amateur club in comparison! 

Everyone buzzing at £4m a year, the tarriers have a deal worth £6m a year & the benefit of global exposure by using a well known brand. Talk of “the gap” the footballs only the start of it with the amateur way we are run! 

You my friend are staunch and talk a lot of sense!!! 

15 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's hard not to look generic when every design they put out has those stupid arrows though.

You're right mate, you wouldn't catch a company like adidas putting those 3 stripes everywhere.

47 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

At no point did I say that. I merely commented on a factual mistake made by yourself. It isnt a cheap brand. 

Disagree. It is distributed through Sports Direct in the UK which, by default, renders it a cheap brand. it is a factual mistake you are making by comparing apples with oranges, citing a Scandinavian market as representative of the UK.

The brand, in the UK, is a piece of shit.

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Disagree. It is distributed through Sports Direct in the UK which, by default, renders it a cheap brand. it is a factual mistake you are making by comparing apples with oranges, citing a Scandinavian market as representative of the UK.

The brand, in the UK, is a piece of shit.

So Sports Direct is its UK distributor??

Starting to smell just a touch fishy this deal. 

Archived