Beggars Allocation Cut

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

You said you'd be OK with us getting the bare minimum at every ground. That's got nothing to do with having a stand full of them.

Correct, I would as it would damage the other clubs.

How is me being happy to see away fans missing out on tickets any different to you, and others, being happy to see fans missing out on games against the taigs at Ibrox just to increase your chances of a ticket to their dump though?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Correct, I would as it would damage the other clubs.

How is me being happy to see away fans missing out on tickets any different to you, and others, being happy to see fans missing out on games against the taigs at Ibrox just to increase your chances of a ticket to their dump though?

So you are putting your disdain of other clubs before supporters of your own club. Nice.

Not once did I say I was happy for that to happen. You seen fixated on tarriers games at Ibrox, I'm talking about you saying you wouldn't mind our away support being killed off as you'd happily see EVERY team give us the bare minimum. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

The lads who have followed their team over the country their full life have to miss out on that now coz some extra bears can be arsed buying a season ticket this season ? 

Ibrox was sold out or close to sold out for the entire season despite the abysmal home form. Have you taken into account that wouldn't have been the case if it hadn't been for the loyal fans who continued to buy match day tickets in their thousands throughout the season?

I find it strange that any bear would grudge them the opportunity to become a ST holder.

Seems to me this is twofold.

One.  The vast majority of us are happy that the allocation of the scum is bing cut.  The pros being that we get a stand back and sell more season tickets, benefiting the team (new signings).  The cons being the lack of away tickets.

Two. The majority of travelling supporters, and I would argue we have the best away support in the world, will no longer get tickets for their cesspool.

Other teams will not cut our allocations (teams outwith the Premiership) as they see the benefits of the blue pound.  Some Premiership teams will cut it to look good for their fans until they also realise that the blue pound funds them and will enlarge the allocation in time.

The taigs? Fuck them.  Why should we be basing out financial stategies on what they do?

All in all, well done to the board (hard for me to say that) for listening to the fans and acting accordingly.  Now board members, next, go after the SFA, full on.

7 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

So you are putting your disdain of other clubs before supporters of your own club. Nice.

Not once did I say I was happy for that to happen. You seen fixated on tarriers games at Ibrox, I'm talking about you saying you wouldn't mind our away support being killed off as you'd happily see EVERY team give us the bare minimum. 

I'm fixated on the tarriers because you're moaning about us reducing their allocation because it harms your chances of getting a ticket for away games against them.

You'd happily have a stand full of them and see our own fans missing out on tickets just to have a better chance of a ticket to their ground yet when I say I'd happily cut every teams allocation at Ibrox to the bare minimum and if they do the same back to us then so be it you've went all defensive because it's potentially you missing out on tickets.

Bit hypocritical but you can't seem to see that.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm fixated on the tarriers because you're moaning about us reducing their allocation because it harms your chances of getting a ticket for away games against them.

You'd happily have a stand full of them and see our own fans missing out on tickets just to have a better chance of a ticket to their ground yet when I say I'd happily cut every teams allocation at Ibrox to the bare minimum and if they do the same back to us then so be it you've went all defensive because it's potentially you missing out on tickets.

Bit hypocritical but you can't seem to see that.

I literally never said that though...

I'm indifferent towards cutting their allocation, I've got a problem with your comments about killing our away support, not what the club have done.

Just now, Goosetav said:

I literally never said that though...

I'm indifferent towards cutting their allocation, I've got a problem with your comments about killing our away support, not what the club have done.

I don't really care if you have a problem with it. It's my opinion, if you disagree with it then that's your choice.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then there's always the argument that away days are a bit different from going to Ibrox of a Saturday. Bit more boozing, everyone's a bit more compact, there's less families etc. I mean we could just pull Ibrox down and build a wee meccanno ground like Clyde or falkirk just for guys that go to away games. We'd have a cracking atmosphere then.

Or the 48k could just attempt creating an atmosphere , that be far more sensible than spending money building a new smaller stadium for only the more loyal bear to attend the home games 

41 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Or the 48k could just attempt creating an atmosphere , that be far more sensible than spending money building a new smaller stadium for only the more loyal bear to attend the home games 

"the more loyal bear"? What a ridiculous notion.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Then there's always the argument that away days are a bit different from going to Ibrox of a Saturday. Bit more boozing, everyone's a bit more compact, there's less families etc. I mean we could just pull Ibrox down and build a wee meccanno ground like Clyde or falkirk just for guys that go to away games. We'd have a cracking atmosphere then.

Whit a fanny, take it you don't go to away games, bye the way I go to away games without boozing as you put it 

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Whit a fanny, take it you don't go to away games, bye the way I go to away games without boozing as you put it 

When I do I'm normally working. Great, I'm sure there are lots that go without having a drink, there are also plenty who see it as an opportunity to get blitzed and I don't doubt that folk having a few beers more than they would at Ibrox makes them a wee bit happier to indulge in a song. Do it myself when I do go to away games as a fan.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When I do I'm normally working. Great, I'm sure there are lots that go without having a drink, there are also plenty who see it as an opportunity to get blitzed and I don't doubt that folk having a few beers more than they would at Ibrox makes them a wee bit happier to indulge in a song. Do it myself when I do go to away games as a fan.

What ? Green street pish talk 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

What was the name of the wee travel agents at George Square that used to sell tickets for that wee section of main stand to Rangers fans on day of match ?

I didn't even know that mate, sorry can't help you with that one. :lol:

I would get tickets from mates or the supporters bus back then as I didn't have a season ticket till about 90 or 91.

Archived