Beggars Allocation Cut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I mean may as well cut our home allocation then through bad behaviour at old firms.

El Classico is shit

It is shit but to suggest it doesn't matter would be bollocks.

Just now, Cedrick said:

Just always been that way from when I started going until now apart from that one game when it was bears at ibrox 

And in all that time there's been plenty pumpings dished out - on both sides - and putting the others in their place only lasts until the next game. Whether there's 8000 or 800 of them there or 8000 or 800 at their dump.

I've seen us pumped by them home and away but there's nothing more enjoyable than us smashing them at Ibrox and 40,000 bears giving it big licks. With as many as  48000 thousand bears at Old Firms at home now when we do finally get back to beating them it is going to be even more enjoyable.

Plus there's getting a few extra thousand ST's sold every year. That's another couple of million quid at the start of the season that, presumably, is going to be used to fund new signings etc. There's more benefit to us across the board than a few thousand fans getting a better chance of a ticket to go to CP twice a season. I'm far more interested in doing what benefits the club than keeps some fans happy or makes a better 'visual spectacle'.

Little will change at an Old Firm because there's less fans. Do you think our lot will want to be heard any less despite being much fewer? Think they'll celebrate any less when we score? Will they fuck.

Just now, Goosetav said:

You're an absolute moron, every time there's anything remotely controversial you're on here trying to pick arguments with people.

Aye mate, everybody else is in total fucking agreement about this :lol:

7 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

So we had more than a few hundred 

No, as far as I know our allocation was around 300-500. Knowing Methil, there will certainly have been a few locals who will be have a soft spot for both East Fife and us (I'm sure @gogzy will know a few) and might even have sold their tickets on but out allocations at Bayview were tiny - because the stadium is tiny.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, as far as I know our allocation was around 300-500. Knowing Methil, there will certainly have been a few locals who will be have a soft spot for both East Fife and us (I'm sure @gogzy will know a few) and might even have sold their tickets on but out allocations at Bayview were tiny - because the stadium is tiny.

I was being pedantic but we had 3/4 of the ground and that's our official section, not including our fans in the home end.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

I was being pedantic but we had 3/4 of the ground and that's our official section, not including our fans in the home end.

google says 900 (as many as well get at celtic Park) so half the attendance. Still leaves thousands of folk missing out, as was the original point. Just need to suck it up.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And in all that time there's been plenty pumpings dished out - on both sides - and putting the others in their place only lasts until the next game. Whether there's 8000 or 800 of them there or 8000 or 800 at their dump.

I've seen us pumped by them home and away but there's nothing more enjoyable than us smashing them at Ibrox and 40,000 bears giving it big licks. With as many as  48000 thousand bears at Old Firms at home now when we do finally get back to beating them it is going to be even more enjoyable.

Plus there's getting a few extra thousand ST's sold every year. That's another couple of million quid at the start of the season that, presumably, is going to be used to fund new signings etc. There's more benefit to us across the board than a few thousand fans getting a better chance of a ticket to go to CP twice a season. I'm far more interested in doing what benefits the club than keeps some fans happy or makes a better 'visual spectacle'.

Little will change at an Old Firm because there's less fans. Do you think our lot will want to be heard any less despite being much fewer? Think they'll celebrate any less when we score? Will they fuck.

Hopefully the 48k bears turn over a new leaf and give it laldy every week coz that’s one of the major reasons I love going to away games , the ibrox matchday experiance is a joke 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Hopefully the 48k bears turn over a new leaf and give it laldy every week coz that’s one of the major reasons I love going to away games , the ibrox matchday experiance is a joke 

It's never been great on a week-to-week basis. Even during 9iar Ibrox wasn't exactly rocking every single week.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It's never been great on a week-to-week basis. Even during 9iar Ibrox wasn't exactly rocking every single week.

That’s why the away fans are class and it’s class going and being amongst it 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye. It's selfish wanting more of our fans to be able to attend old firm games instead of a stand full of taigs.

You said you'd be OK with us getting the bare minimum at every ground. That's got nothing to do with having a stand full of them.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

That’s why the away fans are class and it’s class going and being amongst it 

Then there's always the argument that away days are a bit different from going to Ibrox of a Saturday. Bit more boozing, everyone's a bit more compact, there's less families etc. I mean we could just pull Ibrox down and build a wee meccanno ground like Clyde or falkirk just for guys that go to away games. We'd have a cracking atmosphere then.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Nobody's saying that 

Anybody that’s made the point that “Boys who go to all the away games will miss out”  is effectively saying that.  

Archived