Welcome to Rangers, Coulibaly

DeanMK

Fuck knows how he’ll get on, but he certainly ticks a lot of the boxes needed to be a success here. 

The fact he’s described himself as a ball winning midfielder delights me, for too long now we’ve not had a player desperate to put tackles in and win the ball back. The last one being...  Kevin Thompson maybe. Must’ve been one since then? 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No-ones saying he’ll be shite he may be a sensation you never know but the point is about transfer policy 

could sign Goostav and it would be a sin to disagree with the signing all because we’ve never seen him in a Rangers jersey - it’s about our strategy - we keep going down the same tried and failed route 

I understand the pessimism but if we signed a young midfielder from a Championship club we'd probably be fine with is so even though Ligue 1 isn't the Premier League or anything it's still a decent league. There's been a couple of people who watch French football who say he's underrated and not sure why Angers haven't been using him much (more than the 1 reporter posted in this thread) and I did also see that rumour about the PSG interest. He also did well enough at Bastia to get a couple million pound move so we'll just have to see how he does. I'm neither here nor there on this signing but nobody on this forum has seen him play and the people at Rangers have so we will need to wait and see how their judgement was. 

I also completely reject any argument about "these types of signings". People who say anything like "Mexicans don't do well in Scotland" or "remember the last player we signed from League One". Over generalising to a ridiculous degree, every player is a different person and has a different skillset and every league has a wide array of abilities. I'm not saying you were going *that* far with your statement earlier in the thread but in general.

We just don't have money to sign big quality players, we've rebuilt our squad 3 seasons in a row now and brought in next to no transfers fees in. The market keeps rapidly increasing in value while we don't so I'm sure everyone at the club is doing the best they can with what we have

45 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

When we got beat in the 3-2 old firm game one thing that struck me was how lightweight we were in midfield compared to them, his presence will help solve that.

Lets be honest if he goes through Lego in the tackle the way Kevin Thomson did against Keane, he'll be a hero. Looks like SG is trying to toughen and bulk the team up which we all want to see,.  He can maybe even make Windass first go into a tackle, and second without closing his eyes. :no: :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, shaka said:

I agree he looks perfect for our team and especially for the type of league we play in.  Don't see him getting overpowered by any of the midfielders in this league unlike most of our midfielders from last season.  Good luck to the lad and hopefully he's part of a league winning team!

It's something we were missing too many wee boys in our team. No one mention Messi here.

52 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I understand the pessimism but if we signed a young midfielder from a Championship club we'd probably be fine with is so even though Ligue 1 isn't the Premier League or anything it's still a decent league. There's been a couple of people who watch French football who say he's underrated and not sure why Angers haven't been using him much (more than the 1 reporter posted in this thread) and I did also see that rumour about the PSG interest. He also did well enough at Bastia to get a couple million pound move so we'll just have to see how he does. I'm neither here nor there on this signing but nobody on this forum has seen him play and the people at Rangers have so we will need to wait and see how their judgement was. 

I also completely reject any argument about "these types of signings". People who say anything like "Mexicans don't do well in Scotland" or "remember the last player we signed from League One". Over generalising to a ridiculous degree, every player is a different person and has a different skillset and every league has a wide array of abilities. I'm not saying you were going *that* far with your statement earlier in the thread but in general.

We just don't have money to sign big quality players, we've rebuilt our squad 3 seasons in a row now and brought in next to no transfers fees in. The market keeps rapidly increasing in value while we don't so I'm sure everyone at the club is doing the best they can with what we have

Very articulate mate

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

I think the problem lies in your last paragraph.

They may be doing their best but it isn’t good enough.

Aberdeen have been better than us two seasons in a row now and we ended up backwards in relation to celtic.

We keep having to rebuild because we keep getting it wrong and none of us want to see us doing it again next season.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aberdeen have been better than us two seasons in a row now and we ended up backwards in relation to celtic.

We keep having to rebuild because we keep getting it wrong and none of us want to see us doing it again next season.

We have had to rebuild three times because we hired three terrible managers, four really going back to Ally.There is a different look about this squad and it is all down to a manager who can attract better players. I know it is early days but it just feel better.......

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Which is fair enough but they are also all we have. People will blame the board for not pumping millions into the team but that's because they don't have it and the people who do have it aren't interested in investing with us so they're the best we have. I still firmly believe that Mark Warburton was a decent appointment, especially at the time of being in the Championship and only hindsight changes that. Pedro was not a good appointment at all but early signs are that Gerrard is looking decent so hopefully this is the one. This board aren't perfect but it's not really their fault they are the best we have available. I do firmly believe they are trying and doing their best which is all we can really ask for.

Just seen the little interview snippet and the repeat questions are getting a bit boring. Asking everyone if they are here because of Gerrard. The cunt plays for Angers and is getting a chance to play for Rangers, it's a step up whether the manager is here or not.

Either that or the big Nigerian been briefed on saying he's happy to be at the most successful club in the world.

Would be better just letting them speak for themselves rather than feeding them a script.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No-ones saying he’ll be shite he may be a sensation you never know but the point is about transfer policy 

could sign Goostav and it would be a sin to disagree with the signing all because we’ve never seen him in a Rangers jersey - it’s about our strategy - we keep going down the same tried and failed route 

I'd be quality lets be honest

3 hours ago, OhW said:

What makes you think it's okay to sign someone shite? Fill a space in the squad with someone who is shite and pay them thousands of pounds of our money every week? No big deal though because we can send him back after a year. 

I said IF shite,my point is if it’s doesn’t work out at least he’s not on a long contract like Halliday,Forrester,dodoo,pena,Herrera.

hopefully it does work out and we then sign him permanently 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Ball winner with a great engine supposedly 

Hopefully someone who will actively look to win the ball back. Alongside McCrorie, we’d have a strong shield in front of the defence.

38 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Just seen the little interview snippet and the repeat questions are getting a bit boring. Asking everyone if they are here because of Gerrard. The cunt plays for Angers and is getting a chance to play for Rangers, it's a step up whether the manager is here or not.

Either that or the big Nigerian been briefed on saying he's happy to be at the most successful club in the world.

Would be better just letting them speak for themselves rather than feeding them a script.

Aye that woman doing the Interviews does my nut in 

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

I think the answer is part in your last paragraph. Being Canadian and an avid follower of Hockey and other NA sports, rebuilds are the norm where no team is expected to win each year. It's been clear that Rangers have been in the rebuilding phase from the time they got demoted. The difference in rebuilding without being expected to win (which is what a rebuild is), is that you can invest in many younger players with high potential and give it a few years to see who makes the cut. While doing this you invest in the odd higher profile signing to have experience and a known quality in key positions. After about two to three years of rebuilding, it's clear which players have stood out and you now have a squad that's been built and grown to challenge for a few years that will only need maintenance moving forward.   

Now, I know this is Rangers, and we all wish we could just go out and win. But, would it not do to go about a proper rebuild? We would be on the other end already if we invested in a quality manager and built the group this way. It's madness what's been going on... I don't know what people expect other than more of the same when the club does the same thing over and over. I hope the board and fans give Gerrard the length of his contract to rebuild this club. A full proper rebuild with time to fill the gaps and cut the failures. No one is going to come in and pull off an FM or FIFA rebuild in season one. Even though it sucks to see Rangers lose, it sucks more to see them lose and also fail to take any steps forward.