Tav

Can anyone tell me one reason tav isn’t pushed forward into right wing , play Flanagan right back and John left back. Then we get a player in tav who is class going forward and will offer defensive support ????

22 minutes ago, rfcno121 said:

Can anyone tell me one reason tav isn’t pushed forward into right wing , play Flanagan right back and John left back. Then we get a player in tav who is class going forward and will offer defensive support ????

Simple mate for the same reason Alan Hutton was never moved forward aswell (when he was clearly better attacking than defending) he’s more of an attacking threat driving from deep at RB than he would be at RM, he has more space in front of him to run into, more time on the ball to use it efficiently, has an engine that can bomb forward all game and overlap the RM an cut open defences i could go on but I’m getting bored now?

If he was as good at defending as he is attacking he wouldn’t be at Rangers. It is getting better an will do as he continues to improve his overall game just like Hutton did.  F.W.I.W that’s my opinion anyway 

22 minutes ago, rfcno121 said:

Good shout

19 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, that left back of theirs was really fucking good. Would be sounding them out for what he is valued at to be honest.

Reminded me of Sasha....Tav didn't have Candieas helping out and he missed him.

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Simple mate for the same reason Alan Hutton was never moved forward aswell (when he was clearly better attacking than defending) he’s more of an attacking threat driving from deep at RB than he would be at RM, he has more space in front of him to run into, more time on the ball to use it efficiently, has an engine that can bomb forward all game and overlap the RM an cut open defences i could go on but I’m getting bored now?

If he was as good at defending as he is attacking he wouldn’t be at Rangers. It is getting better an will do as he continues to improve his overall game just like Hutton did.  F.W.I.W that’s my opinion anyway 

I get where you are coming from however it was tried once against celtic and it was very effective sinclair was in the right sides back pocket the full game and tav was still able to beat a man and get a good ball in, regardless of where his starting position was on the park ! 

Look at bale , if Tottenham kept him at left back they would’ve conceded goals from that side regulars instead they put him further forward to allow him to do what he’s is good at , the same as tav is beating a man , great cross and great shot ! (Obviously different level but is an accurate comparison in type of situation and player style)

Gerrard needs to give this a chance as I believe our defence and attack would be better off for it.

1 hour ago, rfcno121 said:

Aye your no the manager ?

21 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Result aside. Fuck me. 5 or 6 awful bits of defending. Goldson bailing him out numerous times. He needs a kick up the arse or a place at right midfield.

Results mean everything and would not have been an away win if it wiznae for Tav

1 hour ago, rfcno121 said:

probably as of we wanted a right winger we could get someone better for the money we could sell him for???

35 minutes ago, rfcno121 said:

I get where you are coming from however it was tried once against celtic and it was very effective sinclair was in the right sides back pocket the full game and tav was still able to beat a man and get a good ball in, regardless of where his starting position was on the park ! 

Look at bale , if Tottenham kept him at left back they would’ve conceded goals from that side regulars instead they put him further forward to allow him to do what he’s is good at , the same as tav is beating a man , great cross and great shot ! (Obviously different level but is an accurate comparison in type of situation and player style)

Gerrard needs to give this a chance as I believe our defence and attack would be better off for it.

no comparison, your talking about one of the best players in the world who can play any position across the front and more than likely either side midfield roles vs one of the worst full backs ive sen for a long time play for us.  the fact u mentioned bale and tav in the same sentance is laughable at best.

end of the day tav is an awful defender, if we are looking for a RWF go and sign one not make do with a guy who is getting on a bit who needs to learn how to play a whole new role.  

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

no comparison, your talking about one of the best players in the world who can play any position across the front and more than likely either side midfield roles vs one of the worst full backs ive sen for a long time play for us.  the fact u mentioned bale and tav in the same sentance is laughable at best.

end of the day tav is an awful defender, if we are looking for a RWF go and sign one not make do with a guy who is getting on a bit who needs to learn how to play a whole new role.  

What I said is only laughable if you are unable to put it into perspective and have a decent footballing knowledge.

To begin the comparison I made was of a full back who was more able to attack than defend so was moved in to a position where he could do what he was good at (create chances) and not relied on to defend. 

The fact you find bale and tav comparison laughable is also ironically laughable as bale was playing at a higher level against better players in the epl so contrary to your belief it is actually quite a similar comparison. I’m not suggesting we put tav in the Tottenham right wing , I’m saying tav further forward in Scottish football ( Scottish football that bit is key) .when bale made the move to left wing he was in the - epl Tav - spl.... anyone with decent footballing knowledge will understand that the footballing ability between the two players is cancelled out by the quality of opponent they will be playing. However, that’s another discussion.

So yeah I believe it should be tested and it will make us even stronger than the strong defensive performance we seen the other night on both sides of the park also offering a decent attacking option in Declan John at left back. This is my opinion and I have reason to believe it will work , tav is one of the most talented players going forward in Scottish football and would not be too dissimilar to sinclair in winger ability however he also possesses a shot and end product sinclair would die for.

2 minutes ago, rfcno121 said:

What I said is only laughable if you are unable to put it into perspective and have a decent footballing knowledge.

To begin the comparison I made was of a full back who was more able to attack than defend so was moved in to a position where he could do what he was good at (create chances) and not relied on to defend. 

The fact you find bale and tav comparison laughable is also ironically laughable as bale was playing at a higher level against better players in the epl so contrary to your belief it is actually quite a similar comparison. I’m not suggesting we put tav in the Tottenham right wing , I’m saying tav further forward in Scottish football ( Scottish football that bit is key) .when bale made the move to left wing he was in the - epl Tav - spl.... anyone with decent footballing knowledge will understand that the footballing ability between the two players is cancelled out by the quality of opponent they will be playing. However, that’s another discussion.

So yeah I believe it should be tested and it will make us even stronger than the strong defensive performance we seen the other night on both sides of the park also offering a decent attacking option in Declan John at left back. This is my opinion and I have reason to believe it will work , tav is one of the most talented players going forward in Scottish football and would not be too dissimilar to sinclair in winger ability however he also possesses a shot and end product sinclair would die for.

exactly this, players like bale play vs some of the worlds best before changing positions.  tavernier has neither the skill, ability nor heart of bale.  very few players change position, especially so late in their career as tav is with great success.  as i said if tavernier doesnt cut it in defence which he clearly does not then sell him and use flanagan at RB and use the money on a natural right sided forward player rather than converting wingers.  reeks of ally shoe horning players in any old position so they get a game rather than accept they dont cut it in their natural positions and move them on

6 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

exactly this, players like bale play vs some of the worlds best before changing positions.  tavernier has neither the skill, ability nor heart of bale.  very few players change position, especially so late in their career as tav is with great success.  as i said if tavernier doesnt cut it in defence which he clearly does not then sell him and use flanagan at RB and use the money on a natural right sided forward player rather than converting wingers.  reeks of ally shoe horning players in any old position so they get a game rather than accept they dont cut it in their natural positions and move them on

I wouldn’t say it was a massive position change it would be the same role he plays now only 40 yards further forward. I believe you are just against the player ? Which I can’t change. However to reiterate, tav does not require the skill bale does as he plays in the spl ! Tav would 100% do a better job at rw than Murphy , in fact I would put my mortgage on it ! Assists and goals a season I would be comfortable in saying that he would get 15+ assists and 10+ goals if he was to play rw and I’m sure many on here who are open minded to it would agree .

he would also be able to offer some defensive support to flanagan at rb.

4 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Getting better my erse.  Regression more like.