Tav

33 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

3 clean sheets an tonight if it wasn’t for tav’s contribution, we would have lost that game 

Not lost a goal in 3 games an the defence still getting criticised fucking hilarious in here

Defence Weren't great tonight you'd be a fool not to recognise that...still early though.

Same stuff with Tavernier that we've been talking about since 2015. Good going forward...shite at the back.

I think tonight he got really exposed due to the fact we were under pressure for a bit. Wee slips in concentration, not being in right place etc. He could alone have cost us 2 or 3 goals single handedly. Even Shkupi clocked onto that he was our weak link and their best chance came down his side. 

He can produce a goal or create a goal (been involved in all 3 of our goals this season) but at the same time he'll lose you one down our own end. 

I kept thinking during the game Tav would have been much better in Murphy's position. He is good going forward and can put in a great cross, as he did for the goal tonight, it is just some of his defending is poor. 

I cannot see anything changing at the moment because he has been made captain and will be playing unless injured or has a couple of terrible games. I am going to try and accept that is the case and hope he manages to defend better as the season goes on. 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I kept thinking during the game Tav would have been much better in Murphy's position. He is good going forward and can put in a great cross, as he did for the goal tonight, it is just some of his defending is poor. 

I cannot see anything changing at the moment because he has been made captain and will be playing unless injured or has a couple of terrible games. I am going to try and accept that is the case and hope he manages to defend better as the season goes on. 

Great points. This is basically what I mean. We can afford to be poor in the wingbacks if we are solid defensively and sound in possession. We are neither at the moment though. 

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Great points. This is basically what I mean. We can afford to be poor in the wingbacks if we are solid defensively and sound in possession. We are neither at the moment though. 

I think that Tav would be better farther forward and probably Flanagan would be much better at right back, but not sure if SG thinks John is who he wants at left back. I suppose when the window is over we might have a better idea what SG thinks is his best 11. :thumbup:

He switches off too often, but worth keeping, he'll win us more matches than he loses I think. One case early in the 1st half where the ball was lost and instead of him tracking back he pushed up to try and regain possession. He didn't and left a huge hole for them to attack into. Unless he learns not to do that or the midfield is trained to cover for him, we'll have issues there. It's obvious stuff though so I do think we'll either get better at accommodating that or he'll have to be a little more switched on.

22 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Defence Weren't great tonight you'd be a fool not to recognise that...still early though.

Been a long time since we had a great defence, very long. we look miles better than last year. Some people don’t want to see improvement when it’s right there in front a them

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Without his assist, we don't win that game. 

That won't be the last time that's said this season either.

Agree. However, on many occasions it may well be followed by "missed tackle," "out of position" or "failed to clear his line" Love him going middle to front, bombscare going middle to back. It just is. 

43 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I've got gout and I still think I'd offer more than Murphy did tonight.

Anonymous.

What I’m about to say should be a no brainer for any competent manager.

tavenier has an abundance of ability going forward beating his man and a cracking cross, his defending will for a fact cost us games. 

We need to play tav on right wing , Flanagan right back and get John back in at left back, it’s a no brainer.

we played tav on the wing once against celtic and that side of the park was class! He offered us ability going forward but also supported the full back defensively.

i genuinely think making this decision to play tav on the wing in place of Murphy and playing Flanagan and John as the full backs is the kind of decision that could make our season great and not merely ok !! 

Hope he try’s this and stick with it.

Murphy's head down, run in a straight line counter attack in the first half when he had two men wide left in a great position was criminally poor play.

A terrible lack of vision for a guy playing his position. Wasn't his finest hour tonight.

38 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Doesn't look a good player at all and never ventures past the half way line

If you ever see him going past the half way line you would understand why he is awful going forward as his passing is poor, i am quite glad to see that he has realised his limitations and isn't going over the half way line nowadays, also when he goes forward he has no pace to get back so he is better playing as a purely defensive fullback.

1 minute ago, WilliamMunny said:

Listen,  the guy is our most creative player.  Yes shakey defensively but he creates a lot.  Without that we'd be in a worse place.  If we had someone that converts his chances he'd be far more appreciated. 

You're havin a giraffe.He creates a lot my erse. He might create more than others, but that aint saying much.

He aint shakey as a defender, he is a bombscare.