Tav

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

What’s his first job? 

What position does he play? 

Attacking full back i would say.

Personally, i would be changing the team to work around his defensive weaknesses, rather than changing Tavs attacking style. His attacking play is far too important to us.

28 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, that left back of theirs was really fucking good. Would be sounding them out for what he is valued at to be honest.

Borna Barisic.  Wouldn't mind him at Rangers either looks solid defensively and a real force going forward.

Just now, Inigo said:

There were at least 4 or 5 good moments of defending from him as well. Never seem to be considered.

BTW, I don't generally think he's a great defender, but you need to be reasonable with criticisms.

He’s a poor defender what’s unreasonable about saying that. 

Folk go on about his crosses and assists and yes he’s good at that part of his game but the bottom line is he is a defender that struggles to defend. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Personally, i would be changing the team to work around his defensive weaknesses, rather than changing Tavs attacking style. His attacking play is far too important to us.

Try him at right mid in front of Flanagan who is naturally right-sided

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I’m fine with that, that’s why I would go 3 at the back. 

34 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't think he's been that bad. A few iffy moments, but some moments of really good defending too.

Great cross for the goal too.

One of those players that whatever good he does gets absolutely abliterated by our support by focusing on the bad. Worst one for me was him getting turned to easy at the end but he rectified it inside the box brilliantly. Aye he shouldn’t have put himself in that position but he sorted it. Offers much more than given credit for and for me he’s not that bad defensively, we were collectively terrible last year, tav obviously included but I honestly think he will surprise a lot this year especially in the league. 

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

No problem there but he is pish defensively. I'll bet the manager is thinking the same now and wondering how to sort it :lol:

In your opinion. An I’ll bet you everything you’ve got SG is absolutely delighted with tav tonight 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Try him at right mid in front of Flanagan who is naturally right-sided

That could be a shout mate, definitely.

Although, i like him driving forward from the back playing 1 2s and creating space. That's the way we got the first goal against Shkupi to set up Murphy.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s a poor defender what’s unreasonable about saying that. 

Folk go on about his crosses and assists and yes he’s good at that part of his game but the bottom line is he is a defender that struggles to defend. 

One of the unreasonable bits is when people greet about him making mistakes and never acknowledge when he does things well defensively, which he did today.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s because his overall performances in defence are poor. 

Yeah, but when you're analysing his performance in a single match, which is what the thread was started for, it's unreasonable if all you do is greet about the bad bits. Gives a completely misleading impression if that's what we do. Which I think is becoming a habit in the case of Tav.

I tend to back him when he bombs up and down because it's nonsense to expect him to overlap, get a cross in, but still be in position for the opposition breaking.

But tonight he was clearly told to prioritise defending and he was goddamn awful. Sloppy, out of position, beat time and again by his man. McGregor saved him from costing us a goal.

Can't say I think much of Flanagan yet either. They targeted him 2nd half and he too was poor. Looks nowhere near fit.

Still despite all that we didn't concede. Much credit for that goes to McGregor and the real captain Goldson.