***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah - I’d never heard of us drooling over an attacking winger that tracks back until last season 

Imagine saying to McCann or Laudrup to cover Alex Cleland or Sergio Porinni 

Footballs changed since then.  The forwards are now expected to do a lot of defensive work.  Not only tracking back but pressing high up the pitch.  Candeias does a lot of good work pressing the opposition and tracking back to his credit.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the Candeias/Murphy debate.  Candeias will fire crosses into the box where Murphy will want to beat a couple of men first, with , Alfredo on form (hopefully)  Candeias may get an assist or two, plus Candeias is more of a ball winner than Murphy. 

I see an argument for both sides. Murphy is always involved in our goals in some way.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Footballs changed since then.  The forwards are now expected to do a lot of defensive work.  Not only tracking back but pressing high up the pitch.  Candeias does a lot of good work pressing the opposition and tracking back to his credit.  

Footballs not changed to that extent that wingers tracking back is more important than what they do in the final third - don’t be fucking ridiculous 

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m sure Uefa will recognise the big bad Croats caused this aggro.....

?

Like I say, we do not need this shit.

FFS, are we just supposed to and take it. Nothing beterr than letting some taig cunt give you a good glassin, aye?!

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah - I’d never heard of us drooling over an attacking winger that tracks back until last season 

Imagine saying to McCann or Laudrup to cover Alex Cleland or Sergio Porinni 

It's a bit of a dilemma, with Tav been one of our most creative attackers SGs got to give him some support, which Murphy didn't give him last game.

?

FFS, are we just supposed to and take it. Nothing beterr than letting some taig cunt give you a good glassin, aye?!

?

?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Footballs not changed to that extent that wingers tracking back is more important than what they do in the final third - don’t be fucking ridiculous 

I'm not saying defending is more important than attacking.  I'm saying defending is now expected from wide players, more so than 20 years ago.  Gerrard's implementing a high energy pressing system that requires everyone to chase down the opposition especially the forwards.  Kent was chasing Osijek players all over the park last week often deep in his own half so it's not exclusive to Candeias either.

Archived