Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

According to me?? Are you shitting me, I’ve been shouting to sign him back since before he was at hearts so don’t talk pish.

In a 3 up top everyone is asked to play in midfield as Orr the first line of defence, Morelos included. He can do this, he had previously. 

People remember the original spell playing in a 4 and needing to be a genuine midfielder which he never was.

Also this myth of only turning up at the end of the season, yes he scored important goals then but to dismiss other performances is just pathetic. He may not have scored but did he create chances, assists, make tackles, create space, play out of position- of course he did. Open your eyes.

If you have been shouting to sign him before his good year, then here endth the debate. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gsa said:

In what way is "rat" embarrassing?

What else would you call someone who did why he did?

A former player shat on by David Murray and his inept board to allow the whole situation to happen in the first place.

If they had ran the club properly nompkayer would have left in the way they did. Fact.

Blame the real criminals, not the players.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

In what way is "rat" embarrassing?

What else would you call someone who did why he did?

He had a little kid back then, the club was in bad state, players were taking 75% pay cuts for months and so on. Im not saying that what they all did was right, far from it, but when it comes to family, everything else is just a background. Transferring to a new company that you dont know when will start operating and run by people who you dont know and dont trust after months of lies, and on the verge of losing international status and playing against the lowest division teams in Scotland, versus getting into some top flight division with good salary and providing money and security for your family.

On top of that - the guy had a gambling problem, and apparently needed money. I guess that how he felt anyways, and decided to do whats best for his career and his family. But all that matters now is that he is here and ready to make amends, so i can only admire that he is brave enough to come back, because he knows what he gets himself into and he knows that if he fucks up, he will be given pelters. And yes, i know whats coming to me for posting this here. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

If you have been shouting to sign him before his good year, then here endth the debate. 

So just overlooking the lies you’ve stated.

Ive always said bring him back for years. Today is a good day. 

Oh and our manager thinks the same, but what does he know eh.

17 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

hope the bastard dies. Makes me fucking sick

We get people on here trying to out staunch each other until we end up with comments like this. I would delete this thread before it gets anymore embarrassing tbh.

Hope he's as good as the last rat that came back.

Ps, do we really need to use language like "rat". He made his decision, I didn't like it and thought it was selfish. He's back now because he is still a Rangers supporter and I reckon he will be a good signing.

29 minutes ago, gsa said:

Eh? "in front of SG"?? Are we trying to impress Gerrard? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

And in any case, Gerrard has been around the block enough times to not even bat an eyelid. He knows the drill, inside out.

It's a stupid argument for me. Use watching world then . Rangers fans boo new signing .

It never happened with Kenny Miller and it won't happen with Laff

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

A former player shat on by David Murray and his inept board to allow the whole situation to happen in the first place.

If they had ran the club properly nompkayer would have left in the way they did. Fact.

Blame the real criminals, not the players.

Lafferty said he was leaving regardless to save his son from bigots. That's not Murray's fault

4 minutes ago, demise said:

He had a little kid back then, the club was in bad state, players were taking 75% pay cuts for months and so on. Im not saying that what they all did was right, far from it, but when it comes to family, everything else is just a background. Transferring to a new company that you dont know when will start operating and run by people who you dont know and dont trust after months of lies, and on the verge of losing international status and playing against the lowest division teams in Scotland, versus getting into some top flight division with good salary and providing money and security for your family.

On top of that - the guy had a gambling problem, and apparently needed money. I guess that how he felt anyways, and decided to do whats best for his career and his family. But all that matters now is that he is here and ready to make amends, so i can only admire that he is brave enough to come back, because he knows what he gets himself into and he knows that if he fucks up, he will be given pelters. And yes, i know whats coming to me for posting this here. 

That doesn't explain why he tried to sue?

Was that just to rub salt in the wounds, add insult to injury, eek out a few more quid?

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

It's a stupid argument for me. Use watching world then . Rangers fans boo new signing .

Should have happened with Miller.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Miller is a rat bastard, and should never have been bought back, or named 'king' by anybody, still Lafferty is worse

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Anybody that boos him at Ibrox will probably be told to fuck up at the very least or get a dig in the gub...again that is the real world not the internet

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Arguably our most important game in years and some people genuinely seem to think booing should be going on.

Have a word, man. :lol:

I think we all know Lafferty being made aware of how much of a cunt he was, would have no bearing on the game at all. 

As it stands, the cuckold support will cheer him to the rafters, like nothing ever happened. 

Battered wives of football support. 

Just now, gsa said:

That does explain why he tried to sue?

Was that just to rub salt in the wounds, add insult to injury, eek out a few more quid?

As i said, i dont think the way he left was right, but he did it anyways. Whether he was badly advised by his wife, personal trainer or agent is another story. Also, we both know as football fans that some football players are fuckin stupid. Considering his gambling addictions, i would say hes not the brightest mind on board. People do stupid shit. Happens to all of us. 

Just now, gsa said:

I think we all know Lafferty being made aware of how much of a cunt he was, would have no bearing on the game at all. 

As it stands, the cuckold support will cheer him to the rafters, like nothing ever happened. 

Battered wives of football support. 

Every last one of us should be pulling in the same direction tomorrow. Anything else is dumb. Anything else premeditated is batshit crazy.

1 minute ago, demise said:

As i said, i dont think the way he left was right, but he did it anyways. Whether he was badly advised by his wife, personal trainer or agent is another story. Also, we both know as football fans that some football players are fuckin stupid. Considering his gambling addictions, i would say hes not the brightest mind on board. People do stupid shit. Happens to all of us. 

I don't disagree with any of that. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be made aware of how much of a cunt he was?

He should be told, by the support, in no uncertain terms. 

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So just overlooking the lies you’ve stated.

Ive always said bring him back for years. Today is a good day. 

Oh and our manager thinks the same, but what does he know eh.

What lies?? 

Is this the new one quote to fuck them all, “Stevie signed him” are we to believe that Stevie will never make a mistake in who he signs. 

Going by a fair few in here he’s already made a cunt of things with Sadiq. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Every last one of us should be pulling in the same direction tomorrow. Anything else is dumb. Anything else premeditated is batshit crazy.

Yeah fair enough. I see your point. 

I still don't think he should be given a warm welcome, like nothing happened, but it would appear I'm in the minority.

Just now, gsa said:

I don't disagree with any of that. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be made aware of how much of a cunt he was?

He should be told, by the support, in no uncertain terms. 

Mate he will get a cheer like John Greig walking out the tunnel. It’s what we do, sickening but it’s what we do. 

Archived