Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A cheap option up front and has shown at Hearts he can score important goals in Scottish football.  at less than £500k even I have to admit this was decent business although it's going to take a lot to redeeem himself.  He's made the right start though by all but apologising for what happened in 2012.

A striker hungry to be successful coupled with the fact he knows he'll need to score a good few to win the fans over makes for a good combination.  Big season for him.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I see your not changing your usual trend for ignoring anything that doesn’t suit. ??

If you debated the point I could have respected you more sadly this is not the way you went.

1 hour ago, Ryan_1 said:

In a 8 page thread there was about two bad comments about him. Most were welcoming him home.... 

They've never heard a party line they didn't want to toe.

If King told them there would be a nuclear apocalypse tomorrow they'd be out in the back gardens tonight digging bunkers. 

Made his mistakes but now he’s here we should give him a chance to make amends. He’ll be the last of them to return anyway as the rest aren’t good enough.

I’m not ready to sing his name but it’s time to put the past in the past and pull together for 55 (Unless we sign Davis or Naismith in which case I’ll be on suicide watch)

1 hour ago, gsa said:

I take it he's quite happy to expose his children to "bigots" now?

He's a cunt. 

We'll have to put up with him and hope he's useful but he should be booed tomorrow night. It's be far to easy for them to come crawling back. 

It'll be embarrassing if he receives an ovation. 

Boo him?

and how exactly does that help the team for fuck sake,what a pathetic thing to say 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He couldn’t the last time, but then in the 12 months he suddenly become a footballing master so maybe he can 

That Craig Levein must be some coach. ?

You’re making yourself look stupid here with this staunch defence and stupid quotes about levein and replacing Morelos.

Also the last time we didn’t play this formation, so you’re wrong. He was exposed playing left in a 4 at times as he is not a midfielder but in a 3 he would have the opportunity to play across the line, interchanging and also dropping deep to provide the first line of defence as he had been doing with hearts too.

But you would obviously know that though surely? 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Boo him?

and how exactly does that help the team for fuck sake,what a pathetic thing to say 

Fuck off cuckold. 

The rest of the team wouldn't give a fuck. 

Yes absolutely. Why wouldn't we boo someone who left at our lowest ebb, lied about why he did so, and then raised a legal action against the club?

Short of taigs, I can't think of anyone more deserving of being booed.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Fuck off cuckold. 

The rest of the team wouldn't give a fuck. 

Yes absolutely. Why wouldn't we boo someone who left at our lowest ebb, lied about why he did so, and then raised a legal action against the club?

Short of taigs, I can't think of anyone more deserving of being booed.

Bet he doesn’t get booed

1 minute ago, Smile said:

If you debated the point I could have respected you more sadly this is not the way you went.

You don’t debate any point ya fool. 

Your whole argument is he had one good season so let’s sign him, but let’s ignore the 10 years of garbage before hand and don’t mention any reason why he might have had a good year and the fact he won’t get those same reasons at Rangers. 

Your like a yesser with his fingers in his ears going blah blah blah. 

1 hour ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Just saw a video of him doing "the robot" after scoring for us id forgot about that?

Well, he didn't have an opportunity to do it very often to be fair, so it didn't stick in the memory.

3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Well, he didn't have an opportunity to do it very often to be fair, so it didn't stick in the memory.

Don't you remember? It's Kyle?? Coming home? Ulster, plays the flute, daft, etc, etc.

The older he gets, the better he was. Bit of a theme with our support.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No it shows that this bitter staunch hatred is in the minority 

Are you joking? 

I'm in no way one of the "staunch" brigade.

But I certainly don't believe in a prodigal son, heroes welcome for a rat who lied his way out of the club when we were on our knees. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Don't you remember? It's Kyle?? Coming home? Ulster, plays the flute, daft, etc, etc.

The older he gets, the better he was. Bit of a theme with our support.

As someone who constantly tried to see the best in him, I can vividly remember being in a tiny minority, on this site at least, who thought he was worth persevering with at all. He turned up for the title deciders and that's pretty much it.

11 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Made his mistakes but now he’s here we should give him a chance to make amends. He’ll be the last of them to return anyway as the rest aren’t good enough.

I’m not ready to sing his name but it’s time to put the past in the past and pull together for 55 (Unless we sign Davis or Naismith in which case I’ll be on suicide watch)

Naismith and davis are easily better than lafferty

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I will take it further because apart from a handful of games with us he was rank rotten then as well. 

So in 10 years of football he has been poor but he has a good season for Hearts and suddenly it’s time to sign him. 

So you believe he should be signed on that. 

I didn't raise Northern Ireland were such a poor team.

Archived