*** The Official Motherwell f.c. vs Rangers f.c. Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Main needs booked all he fucking does is elbow and shove players.  Dirty bastard.

A weightlifter in a football strip, like a shit Waghorn. Fits in well with them and their playing 'style'

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

If we can win this it tells us a lot about our mentality.

Exciting game

Ejaria has actually played well - which I didn’t expect. Perhaps his match sharpness is improving? I assumed he was good in our last game because of the amount of space he was given and it wouldn’t be the same against Motherwell.

Lafferty and Morelos seem to be complimenting each other which is excellent.

Hope Laff gets his hat-trick 

Ejaria clearly has ability. He's been guilt of doing too much but I think he'll be a good player for us. Close control is excellent.

Tremendous game, knew a game like this was coming, and just what we needed, showing the fight and grit we have now as a team. 

Maybe could have done without it right now, but we'll win this and be better for it, bar any injuries. 

Gerrard will give his usual inspiring HT team talk. 

Let's go!

6 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Great 1st half. I'd rather we were hammering them but we're down, we're up and my nerves are shattered. Good game

On this occasion .I'm happy as we need tested like this to build character in the team 

You always find out more about your players when you are behind 

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'm just goin to come out and say it......

This performance is the stuff of champions.  

started bad, fucked up....pulled ourselves out of it and resumed normal service all in the space of a half of football.

Spot on. What a difference in having a manager who alters formation and tactics during the game too. Under Murty we would have plodded along.

Wonderful stuff all around.

Really impressed with that first half performance.

The team really up for it and more than matching and nullifying Motherwells small team vs big team attitude.

For a team of mostly newcomers, they all look like they have been steeped in Rangers tradition for years and know exactly what every team in this hateful league will throw at us.

No 55  is ours for the taking this season lads. :UK:

took us to go behind for this first time this season to let us show what we're made of - outstanding response to going 2-1 down

I know there's ill-feeling towards Lafferty in the Bears Den but he offers something we need and he's a clearly more mature footballer now

nothing better for that journey to UFA than to come away from this with a win

Come on Rangers!     

Archived