If?

bordersbear

3 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Taken out of context, at face value, it isn’t. But if you look at the manner of the dropped points (playing most of the 90 against the sheep with 10 men, unjustly, for example) and the completely unexpected and way beyond expectations run in Europe, then it’s understandable.

Today was a sore one, but to look at the start we’ve made under Gerrard and the massive turnover of players, there’s absolutely no denying we’ve come a huge way in an incredibly short time. There’s a long, long way to go under SG and we are ahead of the curve.

:tu:

3 hours ago, Bighouse said:

The truth is we were awful today. We bottled it against them... again.

In the last 18 years, we have won 3 games at the Piggery. Meanwhile the tranny shagger has won as many games at Ibrox in 2 years, than the last 9 Rangers managers combined in 20 years have won at their midden.

We simply HAVE to beat them at Ibrox.

Which proves its a bloody hard place to go and get a result.  Some great managers, and great teams have went there and lost regularly.

This league is a marathon, not a sprint.  We have plenty time to improve.  

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ask the question properly then, don’t just pick the best bits looking to make a failed point. 

If I could be in the group stages of European competition next year, but it meant losing 7 points from the first twelve, then yes. I'll bite your hand off for it every year.

You can't ask the question about the league results without taking into consideration the European results.  It wouldn't be fair.

3 hours ago, bordersbear said:

A couple of months ago someone said to you that we would go unbeaten in 12 games, qualify for group stages of uefa cup and lose one nil away to them you would have taken their hand off . Why the big melt down by some?

Five points out of twelve is not good enough in the Spfl.

3 hours ago, JentleJames said:

I wouldn’t have taken 1 win from the opening 4 games no.

Thats correct! However.........

Last minute goals and rub of the green with ref decisions have has as much to do with that as anything.There has been very very good progress. The squad is still coming together and frankly we have more potential to develop and improve than them. 

Now is the time to put a run together - 

Dundee(h), St Johnstone (h),Livingston (a), Hearts (h) and Hamilton (a) 

We have to get 13pts min if we are to challenge. If we take 13-15pts from that lot it's game on 

And dont forget a cup 1/4 final and some big european nights to come in amongst that! 

I'm still very confident this can be a big season for us. 

11 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Because as soon as we started winning games the hype train was well and truly out of the station and many believed it would be a piece of cake for 55 and we’d easily beat them.

However, ask yourself this......when we didn’t put more than one past Ufa in the first leg how many of us were disappointed because it meant we couldn’t rest players in the second leg because we wanted them fresh for today?

Furthermore, when a Ejaria scored in Russia how many of us thought yes, tie over, we can relax and rest some players in the second half.

instead for the first time since the st Mirren league cup final in 2010 we had to play with 9 men and battle like never before to get through to the group stages. We welcome our squad home as heroes and warriors and yet no one then thought maybe we w \ont be able to press them that hard on a Sunday.

expectations never lowered despite the fact we were already a) tired and then had to play with 9 men for 30 odd minutes and 10 for 60.

were we good enough today? no

is the season over? No

People need to look at this game in context rather than in isolation.

Well said. It just so happens celtic played their away leg first and we didn’t, which IMO has cost us due to fatigue etc. 

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

If I could be in the group stages of European competition next year, but it meant losing 7 points from the first twelve, then yes. I'll bite your hand off for it every year.

You can't ask the question about the league results without taking into consideration the European results.  It wouldn't be fair.

Isn’t fair to ask about the Euro results but just ignore the shit start to the league either, or are we happy to qualify for the Europa League each year and let the scum get 10 in a row. 

Start of the season stopping 10 in a row was the be all and end all Europa was a bonus. 

49 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Isn’t fair to ask about the Euro results but just ignore the shit start to the league either, or are we happy to qualify for the Europa League each year and let the scum get 10 in a row. 

Start of the season stopping 10 in a row was the be all and end all Europa was a bonus. 

I stand by what i said.  

At no point have I ignored the league start. Stopping 10 was really unlikely this year, still is.  Dropping a few points this early can be rectified though.  Going out of Europe on Thurday past could not be rectified

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I stand by what i said.  

At no point have I ignored the league start. Stopping 10 was really unlikely this year, still is.  Dropping a few points this early can be rectified though.  Going out of Europe on Thurday past could not be rectified

Not arguing that. 

This thread asked a loaded question, if we want to take a step back and look at the whole picture so far then I’m fine. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not arguing that. 

This thread asked a loaded question, if we want to take a step back and look at the whole picture so far then I’m fine. 

I agree that the question was loaded.  That's why I didn't answer it the way it was presented.

Our 1st four league games have been pretty tough tbh.

Sheep away

Stmidden home

Murderwell away

Bead rattlers away

Plus 8 hard European games unbeaten and qualifying for Europa league.

We will beat the rattlers in the League Cup Final at Hampden, that is where we will break our duck against them and pick up our 1st trophy of many under Stevie G.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Our 1st four league games have been pretty tough tbh.

Sheep away

Stmidden home

Murderwell away

Bead rattlers away

Plus 8 hard European games unbeaten and qualifying for Europa league.

We will beat the rattlers in the League Cup Final at Hampden, that is where we will break our duck against them and pick up our 1st trophy of many under Stevie G.

Plus we can only get better with game time as the players get used to each other .

And nothing said in the Media  we shud be proud as not a lot of teams get thru the  qualifiers think there is only a handful have done it over the years .

9 hours ago, gogzy said:

Which proves its a bloody hard place to go and get a result.  Some great managers, and great teams have went there and lost regularly.

This league is a marathon, not a sprint.  We have plenty time to improve.  

Plus it was our home form that killed us last season. The last minute goals against Aberdeen and Motherwell were sickeners, but we played one of those game with ten men for 80 minutes. I'm not worried yet over whether we'll struggle away from home - not classing the San Giro as a normal away game - but our poor start does stress how important it is we win our home games. Dundee and St. Johnstone at home aren't games we should have any concerns about - the former should hopefully see us put a few past them - but if we drop any points then we're in the mire. 

13 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Qualifying for the group stages is a good insurance.

I would've possibly taken a defeat against the tarriers if we had put in a good performance but to be honest we were embarrassing today.

The being undefeated thing is irrelevant I want as many points as we can.

We've been handicapped in the way that we're the only team that's played 3 away games so far.'

The seasons really starts after the break and I'd be looking to take maximum points up until the Christmas period then we take it from there.

Aye and not three away games to St Mirren, Dundee or Livi either. Don’t believe for a minute that three out of four fixtures came out like that randomly. If it had been possible to give us four aways in a row, the cunts would have. Only surprised they didn’t manage to crowbar Tynecastle or Easter Road in there. And let’s face it, we should really have won at Pittodrie and Fir Park. Those are four points we won’t chuck away later in the season.