Why are people expecting things to click after just 5 months?

RFCRobertson

27 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

But you could then argue that about our 9iar.

Lets face it celtic barely took part for about 7 of the seasons. Aberdeen were the only team to realistically challenge us.

celtic were finishing 4th, had the biscuit tin, had a stadium fit for the 17th century and had guys like Rogan, Whyte, Galloway, Biggins, and Muggleton.

They were a laughing stock. I mean their Finance Director tried to move them to a new ground at an ex toxic waste dump in Cambuslang.

For most of that period if we lost to them it had no bearing on the title.

Not really. Whilst they were guff they were still there, they just couldnt put up a decent challenge. They had a chance to compete and failed.

We weren't afforded the opportunity to fail to compete as we weren't in the League, hence my thinking.

24 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not really. Whilst they were guff they were still there, they just couldnt put up a decent challenge. They had a chance to compete and failed.

We weren't afforded the opportunity to fail to compete as we weren't in the League, hence my thinking.

I don’t support that view but in any case it would be hard to argue that we would have been title contenders given that it took two attempts to get out of the Championship.

If they do get 10 in a row, and there’s more than us with the potential to stop them given their decline over the last two seasons, then it will make the England 66 ongoing borefest feel like a brief news flash!

10 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I don’t support that view but in any case it would be hard to argue that we would have been title contenders given that it took two attempts to get out of the Championship.

If they do get 10 in a row, and there’s more than us with the potential to stop them given their decline over the last two seasons, then it will make the England 66 ongoing borefest feel like a brief news flash!

Doesn’t matter if we would have been contenders or not.

Rangers have never won league tittle when celtic weren’t involved.

celtic have won 4 in our enforced abscence, and incidentally they were part of the enforcers!

Just now, beararse said:

Doesn’t matter if we would have been contenders or not.

Rangers have never won league tittle when celtic weren’t involved.

celtic have won 4 in our enforced abscence, and incidentally they were part of the enforcers!

One year wasn’t enforced. It was of our own doing.

If the situation was reversed, I don’t think too many of us would be playing down the achievement and the record books would endorse the fact. It’s a bit early to be clutching at straws. There’s a lot of football to be played before we’re even close to that situation.

5 hours ago, King Jela said:

Fair enough. Show me some of the posts you’ve seen where people were happy/settled after last night’s result..

Well you using the Killie managers record in your argument, would suggest that you see them as competition and that a draw isn’t s bad result when in truth it’s dog shit.

17 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Well you using the Killie managers record in your argument, would suggest that you see them as competition and that a draw isn’t s bad result when in truth it’s dog shit.

Naw! Although they will be up there not making life easy for anyone, as they’ve shown against the scum every time they’ve played them. 

see dave's league titles nonsense is surfacing again, there again he did say we should have shots each of it..?

Dave King branded the titles celtic earned without Rangers in the league worthless – and insisted they’ve only won two in a row.

5 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Kilmarnock have averaged more league points per game than us for over a year.  They also get pretty consistent results against both Old Firm teams.  I know our fans will dismiss Kilmarnock due to their lack of player quality but Clarke has them well organised and they give 110% every single game.  They shouldn’t be our competition due to the gulf in finances, but they’re above us in the league, and we’re certainly being forced to compete with them.

7 hours ago, Jelavic191 said:

Last 6 league games we have won 4 drawn 1 and lost 1. In that same period of time celtic and Hibs have the same and only Kilmarnock have done better (W4 D2).

Our next 3 league games are St Mirren away and then at home to Motherwell and Livingston. Should be another 9 points. 

Losing to Aberdeen was bitterly disappointing but I don’t believe we are in some kind of crisis.

There’s comparisons to Pedros record but under Gerrard weve played better teams (particularly away in Europe) and Pedro had lost the dressing room. I don’t believe the same will happen to Gerrard. 

When will folk learn how average we are. Whenever these scenarios come up we fail to take maximum points. Because we're bang average.

We're not in crisis but we're not in form. We will NOT get 9 points from these games.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

When will folk learn how average we are. Whenever these scenarios come up we fail to take maximum points. Because we're bang average.

We're not in crisis but we're not in form. We will NOT get 9 points from these games.

Sadly , I have to agree with this . 

I honestly thought we'd win all our games before the first  international break . We should have , but didn't 

Then thought we'd win all our games at the next international break . We should have , but didn't. 

Now . . . . . fuck knows . 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Kilmarnock have averaged more league points per game than us for over a year.  They also get pretty consistent results against both Old Firm teams.  I know our fans will dismiss Kilmarnock due to their lack of player quality but Clarke has them well organised and they give 110% every single game.  They shouldn’t be our competition due to the gulf in finances, but they’re above us in the league, and we’re certainly being forced to compete with them.

Kilmarnock have won just one more game than us and are doing well but sitting in and hitting on the counter against us is the only tactic people have just now. Open up and we break teams down hence our results in Europe.

We need to sort our own shit out when it comes to forcing open a packed defence of 11 players.

Oh and we have a game in hand and will be above them if we win so maybe your saviour Clarke is not the god you think he is.

So many on here saying the domestic comps are more important than Europe, why?

If we make it to the knockout stage it gives us money to spend in the January window, regardless of the loss posted.

Gerrard was signed for four years and at least deserves two before the noose comes out.

IMO we need a quality number 10, we don't have one at present that can unlock stacked defences as per Moscow, Aberdeen and killie.

Other teams in the spfl have improved this year not just us and they set up to frustrate us because of our style of passing and movement then hit us on the counter.

I think from his comments SG agrees we don't have the quality in the final third, we are predictable, knock it around then get it out wide and either try to cross it in or play our way into the box. Too easy to defend against, We need players who can mix it up, shoot from outside the 18 yard box with accuracy or go through the middle and shoot.

34 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Kilmarnock have won just one more game than us and are doing well but sitting in and hitting on the counter against us is the only tactic people have just now. Open up and we break teams down hence our results in Europe.

We need to sort our own shit out when it comes to forcing open a packed defence of 11 players.

Oh and we have a game in hand and will be above them if we win so maybe your saviour Clarke is not the god you think he is.

Yes, we need to sort our own tactics out because 5 league wins out of 10 considering we spent £10m in the summer is unacceptable.  Kilmarnock have spent nothing and we need to win our game in hand to go level in points with them - Clarke is doing an outstanding job given Kilnarnock’s financial constraints.  

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

Absolutely. My last post absolutely sums up your points. Absolute nonsense. 

So you just deflect from the fact you’re settling for mediocrity?

I expect more from a Rangers team. You clearly are happy to settle for scraping points at home to clubs we should be beating every day of the week.

7 hours ago, TMB said:

Another one trying to use Clarke’s record to excuse a pish performance.

When did our fans decide we were settling for this type of performance and result?