Why are people expecting things to click after just 5 months?

RFCRobertson

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Would be OK with this, if this doesn't work that will be 4 managers that have failed to get us to the top, might as well just embrace being shite and have a laugh along they way

It's so obvious mate, I mean it's like the exact same job managing Hearts and managing Rangers.

Identical in fact.

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Gerrard had the exact same record as Pedro domestically prior to yesterdays game

Pedro's team....fucked out of Europe by aa team of part time Luxemburgers,

Gerrard's team....sitting in a healthy position at group stage, unbeaten in 11.

There's your improvement right there.

No one ever said it would be an over night or one season fix.

Qualifying for the Europa League was great but we would be disappointed if we didn’t given the draw we got. But if it’s to the detriment of the league form it’s a worry.

I’m fed up of this unbeaten in 11 it sounds better than it is. Ultimately we’ve won 5 games out of 11 which doesn’t sound quite as good does it.

Our lack of winning games is a real concern. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Pre admin we also weren’t relying on players of the “quality” of Candeias, Ejaria and Coulibaly to drag us out of holes when we put in shite performances or were struggling to get going.

As a support our standards should never drop but it’s hard for the players to match our expectations when we still have too many players who aren’t capable of reaching them because they don’t have the ability.

The quality of player we have now is miles below what we had pre admin and the only way to get to the level we need to be at is to continue investing in the squad to improve it  and that’s not going to happen overnight.

We also spent money on midfielders not try to make do with loans and players teams were getting shot off or we developed for other teams.

I don't think you can say Ibrox is a fortress when we draw at home vs Kilmarnock. We have been VERY poor domestically. We only won our last away league game in the final 5+ minutes via a few penalties. Make no mistake we are struggling. Gerrard needs the whole season but we need to be looking at much better improvement and at least a 2nd place finish and win the Scottish cup. 

20 minutes ago, Smile said:

I thought Kai was a decent poster you don't have to agree with posters to think they add something to a forum.

Yeah, he was. Bit of an angry cunt at times, but he was a self-confessed prick, so at least he was aware of it.

I think the support is at an all time level of frustration at the club, not Gerrard. We had the 4 years in the lower leagues and then 2 years that we have pissed away under Warburton, Pedro & Murty. 

We have needed a medium to long term plan since 2016 and since the sacking of Warburton things have escalated to humiliation after humilation and with the potential of them getting 10iar fans are getting nervous.

Gerrard so far has a net spend of roughly 7-8 million (the same as Pedro) and at that rate he does need 3 windows to bring in his team and one that can seriously compete. I'd also argue that even though the squad is clearly not complete it has improved.

The wage budget (even if it has increased this season) is nowhere near celtic's and it does need incrimental increases to it. However, I do think we should be doing better against the other 10 teams in the league with smaller budgets.

He needs time, we've done the chopping and changing and it's got us nowhere. 

7 minutes ago, backup said:

Simple, the longer we take it to get it right the nearer they are to 10, doesn't bear thinking about.

Unless we improve our playing squad then they will easily get to 10 in a row. It's not even December and they have a 5 point gap over us and they have been utterly shite. For me I just want to see us win a meaningful trophy again. If we you gave me 2nd spot and the Scottish cup right now, I would bite your hand off and so would Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

I don't think you can say Ibrox is a fortress when we draw at home vs Kilmarnock. We have been VERY poor domestically. We only won our last away league game in the final 5+ minutes via a few penalties. Make no mistake we are struggling. Gerrard needs the whole season but we need to be looking at much better improvement and at least a 2nd place finish and win the Scottish cup. 

We have been excellent at home this season

Played 12 Won 9 Drawn 3 Lost 0

Scored 29 goals and only conceded 6

That’s already a significant improvement on how shite we were at home last season. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Caixinha had won one league game out of five at Ibrox when he was sacked.

Gerrard has won four out of five league games at Ibrox so far.

Where as Caixinha won 4 out of 5 away while Gerrard has only won 1 out of 5 so I don’t really see the point you’re trying to make.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

That’s already a significant improvement on how shite we were at home last season. 

Let's see what that looks like in May next year though. Throw in 3-4 draws, a few loses to the scum and a drab 1-0 lose to some team like Hibs or Aberdeen and it won't look that great.

35 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Never once did I say win the league this year.

my point is our team is definitely capable of a challenge. We should - with all due respect - be beating the rest of the league. 

Most posters on here seem to think throwing more and more cash at it until it’s right is the way. Bizarre. 

Our already backed manager needs to show progression. We are in EXACTLY the same position now as to last year. If that is the case come January he should be sacked, not backed.

We're not in EXACTLY the same position. We got humiliated by Progress last July. This season we're in the Europa group stages, top of our group and unbeaten in eleven. We're presently 4 points behind celtic. Can't find the table from last November but I'm sure we will have been further off the pace. We've had a bad week but the hysteria on here is not commensurate with the season we've had...………………………...so far.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It even itself out though as overall between Warbs Pedro and Gerrard they have accumulated the same points.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

It even itself out though as overall between Warbs Pedro and Gerrard they have accumulated the same points.

pedro just won mex cup or some mex trophy 

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/cruz-azul-beats-monterrey-to-lift-copa-mx/r90llckig8bx19soptqix8xxo?

3 minutes ago, don logan said:

We're not in EXACTLY the same position. We got humiliated by Progress last July. This season we're in the Europa group stages, top of our group and unbeaten in eleven. We're presently 4 points behind celtic. Can't find the table from last November but I'm sure we will have been further off the pace. We've had a bad week but the hysteria on here is not commensurate with the season we've had...………………………...so far.

if memory serves we were 8 points behind celtic after 10 games when pedro got sacked. If you factor out hearts fantastic start (which is skewing the position massively), we are in a far better position

4 minutes ago, backup said:

pedro just won mex cup or some mex trophy ?

I saw that Pedro fucked himself here with his interviews and the defeat to progress his record is eerily similar to Gerrards domestically they even spent big money on a player who never gets games.  

He was a gamble that didn't pay off Gerrard is a commercial decision by the board rather than a managerial decision.

41 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The players Pedro brought in weren’t playing 2 games a week for the first 4 months of last season with an inexperienced manager. I think he deserves criticism so far but every cunt should calm down, before the Accies game everybody on here was talking about winning 55 now its doom and gloom and ‘the same old pish’ because a couple of results haven’t gone our way. It’s pathetic at times. 

Motherwell,Livingston,paedos Hampden and last night isn’t a couple.

43 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Because we’re Rangers and have a divine right to be beating anyone? 

No because as a club have high standards, aim to win every game we play and if people are settled in that a draw at home to Killie is ok then there has been a huge culture change.

Its not acceptable.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Cunts have been looking forward to us dropping points since the good feeling Europe brought at the start of the season, definitely. You can see it, the usual ones coming out the woodwork and chipping in with their usual pish. 

Away you go.

Just now, Smile said:

I saw that Pedro fucked himself here with his interviews and the defeat to progress his record is eerily similar to Gerrards domestically they even spent big money on a player who never gets games.

i dont think we can just wipe out the euro run Gerrard has had just to try and make some comparisons. the fact is we are unbeaten in europe  - and have played great in games - and gerrard achieved that, not pedro.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

But Gerrard has the European run. People might want to downplay it or act like it doesn’t matter but that’s a serious notch on Gerrard’s belt when you hold his record up and compare it to the other twos records.

I’m not saying Gerrard is perfect. He’s clearly making mistakes and there are things that need to improve on but we were always going to have bumps in the road but we are in a better place now than we were a year or two years ago, despite what the drama queens say.

Where we are now is actually reminding me a lot of Klopp’s first couple of seasons at Liverpool where things weren’t coming off for them in terms of results but you could still see that he was putting the pieces in place and ultimately they were going in the right direction.