Pena returning is it a ? or ?

Bad Robot

Pena returning is it a ? or ?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Are you backing his return

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Nobody in their right mind would agree to such a ridiculous condition.

Option 1- Stop drinking/staying up all night and train extra hard or you'll get sacked.

Option 2- Drink/stay up all night and don't bother your arse in training, but still get paid and not get sacked. 

Hopefully he chooses option 1.

4 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

is that what the cunts on? what the fuck were we thinking!? board must've been fucking morons letting this happen! no wonder we've got no fuckin money!

Nobody actually knows what he's on its all guesswork. He's been on everything from 15k - 35k a week on here depending what day you're reading.

try loan him out again,if that fails,give the cunt another chance,if clearly not doing it for whatever reason get shot of him.we've carried enough dross in the past to keep caring. if he doesn't give a shit about himself or Rangers then why the fuck should we.

Just now, wullyRFC said:

As I already said if he is diagnosed as an alcoholic and is seeking help we would struggle to get rid of him.

There are two ways of getting rid, sack him or get him under control so that he has a sell on value. I think both options should be considered.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Option 1- Stop drinking/staying up all night and train extra hard or you'll get sacked.

Option 2- Drink/stay up all night and don't bother your arse in training, but still get paid and not get sacked. 

Hopefully he chooses option 1.

It's not that simple.

I put yes. Let's see what a new coaching staff can do with him. However it's a difficult one as most of his problems seem to be down to behaviour and attitude, rather than a loss of form.

But he's costing us a lot of money, so we might as well at least TRY to get something out of him.

34 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

He's in a corner because of his actions. This would be a chance for him to turn things around he either agrees or become unemployable because of his alcohol dependency 

He's not in a corner at all. He's under contract and doesn't have to agree to a thing. He can either continue to collect a wage for doing nothing or we can pay him off to get rid. We can't sack him for being an alcoholic.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Nope, complete slob and wouldn’t cope with Gerrards style of play.

What style is that, genuine question as recently we have had no style, the high pressing high tempo game has fell to fuck, we cant sit deep and defend for the counter as our defence couldnt keep weans out a close

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's not in a corner at all. He's under contract and doesn't have to agree to a thing. He can either continue to collect a wage for doing nothing or we can pay him off to get rid. We can't sack him for being an alcoholic.

I believe he is in a corner if he wants to continue to play football. He can't be sacked for having an addiction but he can be sacked for gross misconduct because of that condition. I think he would accept a 2nd chance on the condition he goes to AA meetings.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I believe he is in a corner if he wants to continue to play football. He can't be sacked for having an addiction but he can be sacked for gross misconduct because of that condition. I think he would accept a 2nd chance on the condition he goes to AA meetings.

He doesn't have to accept any conditions. He's under contract and unless he does anything to breach that contract we have to honour it and continue to pay him.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He doesn't have to accept any conditions. He's under contract and unless he does anything to breach that contract we have to honour it and continue to pay him.

The club must have something in the small print which covers situations like this, if they don't then they should have.