Loan players need to go

eosmhdo

1 hour ago, eosmhdo said:

What I should have said is i we can get rid them and not lose financially we should. I stick by that statement

But, if you get rid of the loan players, some of which have been mainstays in our first-team, replacements must be found.  Where does the money come from in January to replace them?  

3 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Loan players are fine but in our case they need to be players who have experience and who are needing game time.Bringing in young guys who are really just apprentices is no good at a club where pressures are intense.

I don’t think that is any more obvious than it is with Ejaria. He’s nowhere near ready for the demands that our club places on players.

I've said it before and I can't get away from it, loan players (especially worral) are not as invested in our teams progress as those that are permanent signings. Loan players don't h ab e to stay to 'face the music', or however you want to put it. 

I don't think it's any coincidence that goldson looks worse now, he's no idea who's partnering him from week to week. He and Katic seemed to be developing an understanding. Worral, who will be off at end of his short term deal, seems to have unsettled the back line for me.. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll look back on this week for the rest of the season 

7 minutes ago, crabbit247 said:

I've said it before and I can't get away from it, loan players (especially worral) are not as invested in our teams progress as those that are permanent signings. Loan players don't h ab e to stay to 'face the music', or however you want to put it. 

I don't think it's any coincidence that goldson looks worse now, he's no idea who's partnering him from week to week. He and Katic seemed to be developing an understanding. Worral, who will be off at end of his short term deal, seems to have unsettled the back line for me.. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll look back on this week for the rest of the season 

Most of Goldson's shite moments have had nothing to do with any of that.

Excuses like that let him off the hook for basic errors. 

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I don't understand what's going on in the minds of most of the loan players tbh. SG is a new manager, but he's a connected guy and surely a guy who's worth trying to impress?

Are they just daft wasters?

Not sure they're daft wasters, don't think they're just good enough apart from Kent.  

18 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Not sure they're daft wasters, don't think they're just good enough apart from Kent.  

Whether they're good enough, aye maybe they're not.

Am just baffled at the attitude more than anything. Loan players playing for Steven Gerrard not giving a fuck.

You're on loan because things aren't working out for you at your parent club, or if they think it will benefit you to play more football somewhere else. Whatever one it is, impress a guy like SG and things start looking good for you.

And they don't give a fuck.

To be a success as a player at Rangers there’s plenty you need more than football ability. 

Character.  Personality.  Mental toughnes. 

Bloody-mindedness.  Ruthlessness.  

Passion.  Commitment.

Can’t blame the loan players for not having any or all of these qualities as they are exactly that, loan players.  

Not permanent employees, merely guys on some form of trial. 

4 hours ago, the old guard said:

Ejaria has been woefull, Coulibaly has been mediocre, as has Worrall, Kent has been OK, but to be fair the players we have spent money on, goldson, katic, barasic, Grezda and lafferty have been every bit a letdown as the loanees, McGregor and arfield have been by far gerrards best signings and they cost the square root of fuck all. 

Did he actually sign McGregror and Arfield?

1 hour ago, dee9 said:

The issue I have is ovie....he's a cracking player but he's still a pup.

He cant be fucking about with the ball on our own 18yrd line.

The is glasgow Rangers....you can't be learning your trade at a club like our.....its cut throat up here.

Step up and earn your keep

This is what we said when McCoist was forced out.  You can’t learn your trade at a club the size of Rangers.  Yet, we’ve done it again with Gerrard. 

10 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

We might be paying none of their wage or all of it so we don't actually know how much they are costing us

They are costing us points as they don't have the ability or heart to be a Ranger , Ejaria is absolute Rank 

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

He's surely to be allowed a season to find his feet.

Whoever thinks any different has lost the plot.

Our club top to bottom has been improved in Stevie's short time with us and the squad has had just 1 transfer window. 

4 hours ago, TMB said:

This is what we said when McCoist was forced out.  You can’t learn your trade at a club the size of Rangers.  Yet, we’ve done it again with Gerrard. 

We did alright under Souness did we not?

However, we did have more money than the rest to bring in quality, which tells it's own story. Gerrard does have the attributes of Souness, but not the money.

McCoist was never a manager. Pal's act all through his reign..

7 hours ago, TMB said:

But, if you get rid of the loan players, some of which have been mainstays in our first-team, replacements must be found.  Where does the money come from in January to replace them?  

Already explained that, read again

We don't have the money to go and buy 4/5 other players on top of the others we bought in the Summer.

I dont see us moving away from using the loan system anytime soon.

Ejaria is rotten and I dont rate Worrall or Coulibaly. Worralls big punt out the park with 5 minutes to go with no pressure around him was embarrasing. I could have coped better and ive no played Centre Half since school.

Loans should be restricted to two or max three players. They should also come without any agreement, or expectation to play.

I don't know if there is any such agreement in place with our current loanees, but obviously their parent clubs have sent them here to get game time.

So having too many loan players can block the development of our own players and lead to players being picked when not on form.

The problem is, if we only have 2/3 loan players, can we build a team that can win the league sooner rather than later.

Developing our own players takes time and we don't really have time

Loans should be the cream of the crop with Gerrard's contacts at Liverpool and profile in the game  I expected real quality players as was mooted by the press and everyone on here but we got some very average/poor youth players. 

Did coulibally, ejaria, Kent, goldson or Flanagan play any kind of regular, high pressure football in the last few years?

Im not saying it’s a total excuse for some of the erratic form but surely going from the Brighton bench or playing bounce games for under 23’s is a world away from the Glasgow fishbowl where every stray pass or shit decision is under the microscope?

I know 2 of them are permanent signings but the point still stands.