Loan players need to go

eosmhdo

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

we still got to the group stage mate. We wouldn't have without them. They have their place.

Let’s hope some of that income is spent on their replacements mate.

And perhaps we’re now seeing the strain imposed by reaching those group stages manifesting itself? 

Ejaria has been woefull, Coulibaly has been mediocre, as has Worrall, Kent has been OK, but to be fair the players we have spent money on, goldson, katic, barasic, Grezda and lafferty have been every bit a letdown as the loanees, McGregor and arfield have been by far gerrards best signings and they cost the square root of fuck all. 

8 minutes ago, ally62 said:

After reading some of the previous posts, another way to interpret loan players, at least we tried before we bought...!!!!

look at the hassle we've got trying to get some off the wage bill....!

that's a good point. ( Pena, Herrera come to mind )

Of the loans Kent is the only one worth keeping IMO.

Worral was awful today and it's no coincidence we struggle when he comes into league games. If Forrest want him back in January get rid. 

Coulibaly looked a great bit of business at the start but we've seen his true levels now and why he's not first team at his parent club. 

Ejiara just doesn't contribute. Lots of side ways passing and no drive to influence the game. 

In an ideal world we should only use loans to get players better than we have. Experienced Players just outside their first team needing game time that can contribute right away. 

Young players that need game time to develop should be coming from our own youth system. 

6 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

I can’t believe we are not picking up some of their wages mate, so it would free up some dough. Even if it’s not financial gains for us at least we would have players who wanted to benefit the club going forward. These guys don’t seem to be that bothered imo.

We’ve had dozens of players who were on full contracts look as if they can’t be bothered in recent years.  In fact, a good number of those players are still on permanent contracts but are out in short-term loans.  This idea that having players on a permanent contract equals more effort, or more quality, is completely flawed. 

Also, Rangers reported losses of £14m last year which is concerning.  Where is the money to terminate the loans of our current players (Coulibaly, Ejaria, Kent, Sadiq, Warrell) only to then go in to the transfer market buying guys who are of equal or better quality? 

I do think Sadiq will be sent packing as he hasn’t contributed much anyway but the rest will stay.  Some on here talk as if Rangers have an endless pit of millions to dip in to in January and it’s not the case at all.  

12 minutes ago, backup said:

Last season after 16 games we had 31 points this season after 16 games we have 31 points...where is the improvement ?

There isn’t any progress on our part.  celtic have had their worse start to a domestic league season in decades which has allowed us to get closer to them on points compared to this time last year.

We’ve done brilliantly in Europe but domestically we’re just as bad as ever.

24 minutes ago, backup said:

Last season after 16 games we had 31 points this season after 16 games we have 31 points...where is the improvement ?

aside from the 13 games in Europe where we have lost once? in comparison to the 2 we had last year?

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

There isn’t any progress on our part.  celtic have had their worse start to a domestic league season in decades which has allowed us to get closer to them on points compared to this time last year.

We’ve done brilliantly in Europe but domestically we’re just as bad as ever.

you dont think the euro run may be a factor?

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

We’ve had dozens of players who were on full contracts look as if they can’t be bothered in recent years.  In fact, a good number of those players are still on permanent contracts but are out in short-term loans.  This idea that having players on a permanent contract equals more effort, or more quality, is completely flawed. 

Also, Rangers relorted losses of £14m last year which is concerning.  Where is the money to terminate the loans of our current players (Coulibaly, Ejaria, Kent, Sadiq, Warrell) only to then go in to the transfer market buying guys who are of equal or better quality? 

I do think Sadiq will be sent packing as he hasn’t contributed much anyway but the rest will stay.  Some on here talk as if Rangers have an endless pit of millions to dip in to in January and it’s not the case at all.  

What I should have said is i we can get rid them and not lose financially we should. I stick by that statement

We had to replace a lot of players from last season so like any team loan players are going to play a part in that. We are not yet at the stage where we can get 1 or 2 maximum loan players in a season who are better than what we have and are out of our price range. I would imagine the loan players we have there is stipulations in place about when their loan can be recalled/cancelled. So by all means bench them until they can prove their worth on the park. As someone else said the only saving grace is we have not bought all these players.

I am far more concerned with domestic improvement, there isn’t any, europe is a bonus nothing more.

Every point the taigs pull away from us or we drop won’t be recovered in europe, if we don’t start reeling them in and soon..,the fallout will be nuclear if they look like getting 10 !

1 minute ago, backup said:

I am far more concerned with domestic improvement, there isn’t any, europe is a bonus nothing more.

Every point the taigs pull away from us or we drop won’t be recovered in europe, if we don’t start reeling them in and soon..,the fallout will be nuclear if they look like getting 10 !

No cunt gives a fuck what you think ya mong

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I dont think the loan players system will go - or needs to go. But you can't build a winning team around loan players. They should augment a squad not form the basis of it. And i think we are starting to see that as Coulibaly, Ejaria and Worral have all fell away  - significantly in some cases

This IMO, augment as you say but not first picks as we seem to be at the moment. 

Says it all that Sadiq has been mentioned by one person. Absolute fraud, may as well have sat filming the Pope with the choir boys in Rome instead of wasting his time in Glasgow.

Most pointless signing of the season so far. Coulibaly is alright but he's just a plodder really. Kent has been good, mind.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

you dont think the euro run may be a factor?

Is the European run to blame for our poor domestic form?  I think it will have an impact but not as much as is being made out.  For example:

After the defeat to celtic in the first Old Frim derby the trip to Russia was blamed.  But there was footage of our player back at Ibrox 12 noon on the Friday watching the next round of the draw 48 hours prior to the game against celtic.  Tavernier was knocking back pancakes swimming in syrup which I thought was funny.  During the Old Firm game we sat back and let celtic come on to us now some say that was tiredness, not a tactical decision.  However, if the squad were that tired why did Gerrard not make more changes to the squad prior to kick-off?  Why leave it so very late to make substitutions that day?  I think Gerrard went to Parkhead looking to sit back instead of playing the high pressing 4-3-3 that had worked so well up until then.

Surely, even when playing in Europe, we should have a squad capable of beating the likes of Livingstone, Dundee, and Aberdeen.  I also remember us hanging on the entire second half against a very shite Motherwell prior to flying out to face UFA.  

1 hour ago, backup said:

The fallout could come much quicker than that.  As has already been pointed out, this is a big month for us.  If we lose to Rapid and lose the Old Firm game our season could well be over.