Who Will Be Kept From This Squad Over The Next Two Transfer Windows ?

tannerall

36 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Fully agree it can't be project or youngsters anymore. It has to be players better than what we have that can impact right away. Quality over quantity.

It's out midfield that needs cleared out for me first. We have to many average players who do ths same job. We need creativity and flair in their.

Players that we can use to get joy through the middle when our wingers aren't playing well. Top of that list a playmaker with goal threat and defence cutting passing. 

From the manager after todays game hopefully the penny has dropped with the gaffer going by this it may of

The Ibrox boss made six changes to the side that lost to Aberdeen in midweek knowing a win would take his side level with celtic at the summit.

But they fell behind to a Kenny Miller goal and, although Andy Halliday levelled after Nathan Ralph was sent off, Rangers could not find a winner.

"It won't happen again," said Gerrard.

"It is a reality check today that we are not good enough to make six changes. When you are given a chance, go and perform, give me a problem and a headache.

"It should make my job a lot easier because there will be less knocks at the door because, if players are honest with themselves and watch that performance back, I don't think they have a leg to stand on."

53 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

From the manager after todays game hopefully the penny has dropped with the gaffer going by this it may of

The Ibrox boss made six changes to the side that lost to Aberdeen in midweek knowing a win would take his side level with celtic at the summit.

But they fell behind to a Kenny Miller goal and, although Andy Halliday levelled after Nathan Ralph was sent off, Rangers could not find a winner.

"It won't happen again," said Gerrard.

"It is a reality check today that we are not good enough to make six changes. When you are given a chance, go and perform, give me a problem and a headache.

"It should make my job a lot easier because there will be less knocks at the door because, if players are honest with themselves and watch that performance back, I don't think they have a leg to stand on."

So who is he talking about? Worrel, Halliday, Rossiter, Laverty, Kent & Grezda were the six changes I think. All of them or some of them?

12 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I look at it like this our last SPL winning side how many of our current squad get into a matchday squad of back then? For me Mcgregor Goldson Arfield morelos

When we win 55 our squad wont be of the level back then cause it doesn't need to be. So we are 4/5 first team starters away from having a championship winning squad 

No project signings or youngsters.

Davis and solanke In Jan would be a good start

Kieran Dowell and Jordan Jones aint the answer  never have been never will be.. We have enough squad players 

🤔

Bringing in 3/4 players of the desired and much needed quality will have a positive effect on the more average, as the whole dynamic of the game changes, as the game will become more fluent with less stray passes, better positioning, better through balls etc.

I expect quite a few of the current squad to be still here and win that title with them.

If the price is right anyone of them could be sold. I think Morelos will go next Summer but I would like us to shed a lot of the loanees and most of the ones we have loaned out. We need to be rid of people who are taking up money but with no positive benefit to the first team such as Wallace. Buy a attacking midfielder who can pass and attack would be nice, and a goal scoring striker. If we could it would be good to get a proper winger who can cross the ball, run at defenses and open up two banks of 5.

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

So who is he talking about? Worrel, Halliday, Rossiter, Laverty, Kent & Grezda were the six changes I think. All of them or some of them?

Think an edit may be in order 😉 if there is a Kyle laverty he’s probably  got more brains than big Kyle lafferty, sign him up!

17 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I look at it like this our last SPL winning side how many of our current squad get into a matchday squad of back then? For me Mcgregor Goldson Arfield morelos

When we win 55 our squad wont be of the level back then cause it doesn't need to be. So we are 4/5 first team starters away from having a championship winning squad 

Kieran Dowell and Jordan Jones aint the answer  never have been never will be.. We have enough squad players 

I’d have tav in before whittaker, lafferty surprisingly is a better player than he was when we last won the title so he’d get in ahead of himself, I actually hope we don’t sign Davis, too old an not a patch on the Steven Davis we used to have in his hey day.

we need experienced players with some life left in them who have a winning mentality that’s what’s required, they are pricey tho and we aren’t the only club looking for that type of player

18 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Have you seen Kieran Dowell play?  I have seen him play on 6 occasions live and on tv a handful of times. He would walk into our team in the 10 role and would be a star in our league  Solanke I am not sure about and I bet most on here are the same no one has saw much of him to make a judgement.  Davis is not the player he was due to legs beginning to go in fact he is now operating as a sitting midfielder and we are overloaded with them   Jones is an upgrade on our wide men much better than Candais Grezda and Middleton 

41 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Have you seen Kieran Dowell play?  I have seen him play on 6 occasions live and on tv a handful of times. He would walk into our team in the 10 role and would be a star in our league  Solanke I am not sure about and I bet most on here are the same no one has saw much of him to make a judgement.  Davis is not the player he was due to legs beginning to go in fact he is now operating as a sitting midfielder and we are overloaded with them   Jones is an upgrade on our wide men much better than Candais Grezda and Middleton 

I have seen him play plenty on tv. We need better. Jones is not the answer either. Both are squad players we have enough squad players

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I have seen him play plenty on tv. We need better. Jones is not the answer either. Both are squad players we have enough squad players

Have you really ? Against whom ? And can you tell me what position and number he wore ?  I doubt very much you saw him play for Forrest  because if you did you would be raving about him !  Jones  is definetly better than what we have however  if he is good enough remains to be seen but he would be a cheap gamble  

17 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Have you really ? Against whom ? And can you tell me what position and number he wore ?  I doubt very much you saw him play for Forrest  because if you did you would be raving about him !  Jones  is definetly better than what we have however  if he is good enough remains to be seen but he would be a cheap gamble  

You seem to be upset that I dont want us filling our squad with nothing more than squad players. Both of these players wouldn't make the scum squad. So why should we be taking them and demanding they win titles and cups etc  We need 4/5 first team ready players of quality