Don’t give a fuck what anyone says

Prso's headband

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Never mind what ifs. 

Did the referee make the correct big decisions? Who lost out of those decisions if wrongly awarded?

The standard of officiating in Scotland is rank but look across the border to one of the richest leagues in the world and their officials are still fucking it up week in week out.

We are the ones losing out (potentially, if we make the most of the decisions that didn’t happen) but these decisions are only under the microscope to this degree because we have not been good enough.

If we go out and bury 1,2 or 3 of those chances like we should have then this thread doesn’t get started in the 1st place IMO.

I just think it deflects from the real issue which for me is sorting our team on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So whilst we take much responsibility for failing to finish multiple chances you agree the ref didn't do his job when it came to red card and penalty decisions.

Agreed.

And when refs do exactly the same with their refereeing our games and decisions over the course of the season....

If we do our job we take the ref out the equation.

Its like a boxer who lets the fight go to points and get robbed, it’s shite but if you knock the cunt out in the 11th its irrelevant what the judges think.

Fuck me what a car crash of a thread.

I remember the times when debating referees decisions was part of the pleasure of the game. I guess people behave completely differently on the internet than they do face to face so I shouldn’t be surprised. 

However the total inability of people to separate issues. Here is a couple of examples of separating issues and entertaining them both at the same time. 

We were not clinical enough and our failure to finish many many opportunities was the reason we dropped 2 points AND the referee was shite and gave a few decisions against us that would have influenced the game significantly.

see how that works. Two statements that can be considered together without one negating the others 

Next

referees in Scotland are utterly shite AND there is an institutional biased against Rangers after years of dignified silence from us and years of harassment from others

get the idea now? There can be more than one truths 

In football forum land and probably social media generally there seems to be a complete inability to grasp this most basic of concepts  

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Excuses.

Or you could answer the 2 simple questions.

I'm saying we were at fault last night. We didn't take chances. Ref didn't cost us the game, but again we were on the wrong end of decisions. 

So given I'm not blaming the ref, who I've already said reffed the game well other than key decision making, those two questions......

1. Did the referee make the correct big decisions? 

2. Who lost out of those decisions if wrongly awarded? 

48 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Its like a boxer who lets the fight go to points and get robbed, it’s shite but if you knock the cunt out in the 11th its irrelevant what the judges think.

Ah so we have to do more than what's fair, deal with being treated and reffed differently? Is that it, accept getting fucked over when it comes to big decisions? 

Gotcha.

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

Terrible analogy tbh. 

Why do people try to compare incompatible sports. 

What is the equivalent of “knock the cunt out” in football? presumably scoring.

So would you say that the judges at a boxing match have the ability to prevent a boxer from knocking his opponent out? No 

Does a referee have the ability to prevent one team from scoring a goal? Yes 

Do the decisions made by a scorecard judge influence the fight? No. Do the decisions made by a refereee influence a game of football? Yes. 

And for the hard of thinking. We lost last night because we missed too many chances. But the ref was also shite and influenced the game with bad decisions. 

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

The standard of officiating in Scotland is rank but look across the border to one of the richest leagues in the world and their officials are still fucking it up week in week out.

We are the ones losing out (potentially, if we make the most of the decisions that didn’t happen) but these decisions are only under the microscope to this degree because we have not been good enough.

If we go out and bury 1,2 or 3 of those chances like we should have then this thread doesn’t get started in the 1st place IMO.

I just think it deflects from the real issue which for me is sorting our team on the pitch.

I think you're avoiding simple answers to 2 simple questions tbh

12 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Thomson is a cheat.

I believe every other ref is just shite but Thomson never gives us a thing.

Worse than Collum by miles.

Bang on thomson is imo a cheat he's been at it for years never forget the penalty he gave the taigs at ibrox an absolute joke of a decision if mcgregor hadn't of saved it would of cost the league 

If that had been the other way around then you just know the wee ginger bigot would be bouncing off the fucking walls shouting the place down, calling the ref a cheat and getting away with it.

Gerrard probably hadn't seen the replay of the incident so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks as he more than likely has seen it a few dozen times now.

Ref was atrocious again. It's more than inconsistency or incompetence, let's be fucking honest it's nothing but a bias from certain referees directed against our club and players, they won't be happy till we have a player carried off with a broken leg.

Just now, big blue Fin said:

If that had been the other way around then you just know the wee ginger bigot would be bouncing off the fucking walls shouting the place down, calling the ref a cheat and getting away with it.

Gerrard probably hadn't seen the replay of the incident so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks as he more than likely has seen it a few dozen times now.

Ref was atrocious again. It's more than inconsistency or incompetence, let's be fucking honest it's nothing but a bias from certain referees directed against our club and players, they won't be happy till we have a player carried off with a broken leg.

Gerrard says he has looked at it and doesn’t think it’s a pen. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or you could answer the 2 simple questions.

I'm saying we were at fault last night. We didn't take chances. Ref didn't cost us the game, but again we were on the wrong end of decisions. 

So given I'm not blaming the ref, who I've already said reffed the game well other than key decision making, those two questions......

1. Did the referee make the correct big decisions? 

2. Who lost out of those decisions if wrongly awarded? 

1. No

2. Us,quite clearly.

That isn't why we dropped points though,and it's not the reason we continue to fluff big opportunities. 

That,I'm afraid is down to a losers mentality that runs right through the club these days. We simply don't have it in us to get the job done and the results are proof of that. 

12 minutes ago, Sket said:

1. No

2. Us,quite clearly.

That isn't why we dropped points though,and it's not the reason we continue to fluff big opportunities. 

That,I'm afraid is down to a losers mentality that runs right through the club these days. We simply don't have it in us to get the job done and the results are proof of that. 

Thanks for answering. I agree on both points. So given it happens why should the ref last night and on repeated occasions this season (win, draw or lose) when we're on the receiving end not be challenged? Instead some folk come out with the para pish or acting like taigs nonsense.

I agree last night was hugely down to us. We fluffed chances and didn't show we had that winners mentality of doing it no matter what. Our club and team issue, yes.

But that shouldn't mask the lack of parity we're receiving, or the repeated 'incompetence' that keeps by and large going against us.

I'd argue against anyone saying the ref performance was the main factor that cost us a win last night. But neither was it non contributory or insignificant when as we both agree penalties and reds are going against us again.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thanks for answering. I agree on both points. So given it happens why should the ref last night and on repeated occasions this season (win, draw or lose) when we're on the receiving end not be challenged? Instead some folk come out with the para pish or acting like taigs nonsense.

I agree last night was hugely down to us. We fluffed chances and didn't show we had that winners mentality of doing it no matter what. Our club and team issue, yes.

But that shouldn't mask the lack of parity we're receiving, or the repeated 'incompetence' that keeps by and large going against us.

I'd argue against anyone saying the ref performance was the main factor that cost us a win last night. But neither was it non contributory or insignificant when as we both agree penalties and reds are going against us again.

Refs absolutely should be held to account for wrong decisions. The fact that they can't even be questioned is why the state of the officiating is as bad as it is. 

Of course there's cause for concern with some of the decisions that have went against us not just this season,but in previous years as well. Clearly the club think so as well after that debacle with the fenian RE teacher.

It seems we have turned into a carbon copy of the tarrier support we would mock throughout the 90s/00s with this 'they won't let us win it' pish. It's embarrassing. We aren't winning anything not because of bad decisions but because we are completely incapable of winning big games and going the type of run teams who win trophies do. We're inconsistent,wasteful in front of goal and quite frankly just not a very good team. No conspiracies. No agendas. Just a team of players who don't have it.

14 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The challenge on Coulibally is not a red card. It’s a yellow.

Definitely a penalty though.

The follow through on coulibally 20th minute from the same player was a red never mind the worse incident later on 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The penalty is a penalty. Plenty of teams in the past have dominated games like we did and got a lucky break, that would’ve been ours and we’d have won comfortably. It doesn’t matter that we didn’t take any of our chances, that happens in football. What happens to us too often is major decisions going against us. I reckon for every 4 major calls that go against us we get one.  

All 3 of Porteous tackles on our players warranted at least a yellow, one a red. But that doesn’t matter because he’s just a young, hungry Scottish player. 

Ross McCrorie makes that tackle and he’s off, simple as that. 

We’re absolutely reffed to a different standard, anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly staunch as fuck

Staunch patter is rotten

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Terrible analogy tbh. 

Why do people try to compare incompatible sports. 

What is the equivalent of “knock the cunt out” in football? presumably scoring.

So would you say that the judges at a boxing match have the ability to prevent a boxer from knocking his opponent out? No 

Does a referee have the ability to prevent one team from scoring a goal? Yes 

Do the decisions made by a scorecard judge influence the fight? No. Do the decisions made by a refereee influence a game of football? Yes. 

And for the hard of thinking. We lost last night because we missed too many chances. But the ref was also shite and influenced the game with bad decisions. 

Football players don’t wear boxing gloves or come out to the park in their house coats either, the point that you seem to be ignoring that I was making is for us to be masters of our own fate, if we score a goal we win the game and the referee and his absolutely shite decisions don’t matter.

Agreed your last bit sums up what I’ve already been saying.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ah so we have to do more than what's fair, deal with being treated and reffed differently? Is that it, accept getting fucked over when it comes to big decisions? 

Gotcha.

Do more than what’s fair? What like have 11 competent football players on a park to beat what looked like a very average Hibs side?

Ahh so what we should do is ignore our own failings and start acting like taigs because a few decisions didn’t go our way so it’s definetly and anti Rangers conspiracy and we are the poor victims?

gotcha.