What's the Finished Article

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

We used to win leagues with Chris Burke, Stephen  Hughes, Bob Malcolm etc in the team. Pretty sure we can carry the odd player

Harsh on Burke, that! Thought he was a class wee player and could have played at a higher level than the English championship if he hadn't been unlucky with injuries when he was with us.

Re: Candeias. Offers the squad a lot over the course of a season. One of the first names on the team sheet in Europe and in bigger domestic games. He has absolutely zero quality though, he almost literally hasn’t beaten a man since he signed for us. Looking at things more objectively, stepping back from the buzz from the last game and to me he is the best example of the limitations of the squad (prior to this window) - heart of a lion, lacks any real class. With players like him as first choice at the top end of the pitch, we’ll continue to drop points against utter dross. 

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Re: Candeias. Offers the squad a lot over the course of a season. One of the first names on the team sheet in Europe and in bigger domestic games. He has absolutely zero quality though, he almost literally hasn’t beaten a man since he signed for us. Looking at things more objectively, stepping back from the buzz from the last game and to me he is the best example of the limitations of the squad (prior to this window) - heart of a lion, lacks any real class. With players like him as first choice at the top end of the pitch, we’ll continue to drop points against utter dross. 

A player like him will always divide the support. Some fans simply love work ethic whilst others demand flair. I'm like you, I need a bit more skill from a winger but Gerrard loves his grit and I'm sure he's one of the first names pencilled in. Gerrard wanted two players for every position and he seems to have that now. At this moment, Candeias is the better choice over Grezda.

35 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If he's still anywhere close to the level he's capable of then he will be a massive help in bringing 55 home but I can't understand why anyone would criticise wanting to see him (or them, including Davis) playing first before saying they're going to do this or that.

Who's criticising them? No need to take your anger out on me mate.

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

A player like him will always divide the support. Some fans simply love work ethic whilst others demand flair. I'm like you, I need a bit more skill from a winger but Gerrard loves his grit and I'm sure he's one of the first names pencilled in. Gerrard wanted two players for every position and he seems to have that now. At this moment, Candeias is the better choice over Grezda.

By a fucking landslide as well.

And I'm of the Barrie McKay type of winger mindset ordinarily.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Definitely. We need better than both though, and i don’t think it’s Jones either. 

54 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

By a fucking landslide as well.

And I'm of the Barrie McKay type of winger mindset ordinarily.

You're of the Barrie Mackay mindset aye? Wee guy who had it all and fuckin papped it

Less of them in the team the better👍

11 minutes ago, DC76 said:

You're of the Barrie Mackay mindset aye? Wee guy who had it all and fuckin papped it

Less of them in the team the better👍

McKay was unbelievably talented, but I would agree with what I think you're getting at which he had the heart of a mouse. Hoped the penny would have dropped for him by now but it doesn't look like it's going to.

4 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McKay was unbelievably talented, but I would agree with what I think you're getting at which he had the heart of a mouse. Hoped the penny would have dropped for him by now but it doesn't look like it's going to.

McKay shat it. Bet he wishes he was here with us now. 

6 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Might sound crazy, but I think Candeias would do a job at right back. 

9 hours ago, Vanoli said:

You're probably right but we managed to win our last league title with Greg Wylde playing left midfield for half a season so I don't think its true we can't win anything with him playing.

Mcgregor   

Tav             Goldson            Worral           Barasic

Jack/Kamara/Mccrorie

Davis             Arfield

Morelos                      Defoe                   Kent

Like the Liverpool style of 3 up top. Morelos causing havoc and pulling defenders all over the shop and still linking up/getting in the box like Salah/Firmino do as 2 strikers. 

If we get Jones in Jan then stick Morelos back up top central and Jones and Kent on the wings.

Problem of late has been scoring goals. 8 in the last 10 games. Glad to see Gerrard has recognised this and Defoe/Davis and hopefully Jones should add plenty

2 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

You're probably right but we managed to win our last league title with Greg Wylde playing left midfield for half a season so I don't think its true we can't win anything with him playing.

Maurice Ross has two league championship medals IIRC. 

13 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Spot on. The guy can run around quite well. But the reason we dropped points in Dec is because we have scored 8 goals in last 10 games. As a winger at Rangers he should be chipping in with more goals and assists with  the amount of ball he gets. Frustrating at how many of our attacks break down because of his lack of first touch.

If we could get another player of Kent's quality on the right wing backing up Tav there would be a lot more chances created. 

McGregor

Goldson Mcauley Worrall

Tav Jack  Arfield. Davis Kent

Morelos Defoe

Tav and Kent driving up and down the flanks. Jack and Davis controlling midfield, offering protection where needed. Arfield pushing forward to support a lethal front 2. Three aerially strong CHs up at set plays.

I'd love to see us trying this, especially at home.