***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Worrall has been a bombscare at st johnstone away livingston away dundee away kilmarnock away and even the hibs game at easter road he made a very sloppy backpass in the last few minutes that nearly resulted in a goal. 

Bossed it in Europe, Hearts and celtic

Just now, GA1972 said:

Miles apart, Katic is a player and Worrrall is a mongo

I think Katic has the edge but I would hardly say they are miles apart. I think Worrall has put some decent tackles in lately. I’m worried about Goldson being match fit more than who he’s paired with tbh

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

A handful good games in amongst an alarming majority of complete dross isn’t good enough for a starter at Rangers when there’s a better player warming the bench who seemingly can do no right in the managers eyes 

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

I think Katic has the edge but I would hardly say they are miles apart. I think Worrall has put some decent tackles in lately. I’m worried about Goldson being match fit more than who he’s paired with tbh

Goldson being rushed back in for this game does worry me, doesn’t seem like a necessary risk 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

A handful good games in amongst an alarming majority of complete dross isn’t good enough for a starter at Rangers when there’s a better player warming the bench who seemingly can do no right in the managers eyes 

5 good games, against 5 bad games

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Never played against hearts at tynecastle and europe and domestic football is completely different he was shocking at hampden against the sheep to add to that list of poor games hes had. 

28 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Nobody is overrating him , but most of us can see hes better than Worrall. Goldson coming back into the side for this game is another gamble........

No more of a risk than playing any combination of our defence without him.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Never played against hearts at tynecastle and europe and domestic football is completely different he was shocking at hampden against the sheep to add to that list of poor games hes had. 

Saying he bossed Europe is a stretch as well 

Cost us an early goal against Villarreal and got rescued by McGregor against them at home. He might not have made glaring mistakes in the other games but that doesn’t mean he bossed anything 

2 hours ago, silverbear said:

I'd agree with you, if we were still in the days of Goal Average rather than Goal Difference when clean sheets were more important & a 2-0 win was better than a 3-1 victory.

Now it's better to win 4-2 than 1-0 or even 2-0 for that matter.  😉

I'd settle for any of those scores tonight. I think the Tims will beat Hibs but I can see Killie dropping points at Dundee.

I am of the old view that if you don't concede they can't count against you.

In 2006/2007 Ajax scored 84 goals PSV scored 75, unfortunately Ajax conceded 35 against PSV's 25, Ajax lost the league by a margin of 1 goal, both teams having finished with 75 points. 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Saying he bossed Europe is a stretch as well 

Cost us an early goal against Villarreal and got rescued by McGregor against them at home. He might not have made glaring mistakes in the other games but that doesn’t mean he bossed anything 

The players that bossed it was the 2 central defenders that got us there in the first place.

Archived