Alfredo- Stay or Go

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

Where do we look for another Morelos? I hope Allen is on this right now.

We’ll have a shortlist of replacements for every position in the squad that’s constantly re-evaluated and updated.

Allen and the new scouting team will be all over it.

8 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

When I was in Bogota there were so many homeless children living in the sewers. The rich in the North didn't want this so they sent squads down and killed them by burning them. In the papers/news there were direct quotes from the bombero chief that the local kids were setting the fires that killed them.

I own 6 apartments in Belize, where the news is ALL propaganda and if you speak out against it then you're likely to get a knock on the door from the GSU, a death squad.

I've seen how the media operate to know not to trust it, it's all propaganda. We're just a lot better and subtle at it here, and my experience tells me that unless I see/hear it then I won't believing anything that they write. I would think that it being the biggest financial gain in that clubs history then it would be talked more in the media than 2 papers in a different country.

There probably is a 10% clause in his contract, and when we sell him(which will definitely be this summer imo) then we should be adding the same on. That and at least £15M.

Are you Lord Ashcroft?

23 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Nobody's going to talk about £2m flops getting paid £25k a week when they're selling cunts like Dembele for £20m and Armstrong for £7m

All I'm saying is people who say celtic are better at scouting/marketing/selling their players than we are, are absolutely correct in their assessment. Morelos is the only player on our books who would go for big money. Tav/Goldson would potentially go for £4-5m. They could sell Tierney and Rogic for £5m-10m+. 

We've improved our scouting team but have a long, long way to go

our resident Brexit expert

The money for the flops if you add up in wages and signing on fees will certainly take the shine off their big transfer fees it would be good to know how much they have really made on their players who have gone for good fees.

Sadly, I think now is the right time to cash in on him. I'll be gutted to see him go. This shithole league being what it is, unless he's scoring 20+ a season, teams will not pay any attention. Should he have a dip in scoring form at any time, it's possible his value would go down, or teams wouldn't come knocking offering top dollar. Teams won't be interested just with him being the battering ram that we know & love him to be. 

Hope he stays another season and bangs them in for us. That's the best outcome! 

25 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

When I was in Bogota there were so many homeless children living in the sewers. The rich in the North didn't want this so they sent squads down and killed them by burning them. In the papers/news there were direct quotes from the bombero chief that the local kids were setting the fires that killed them.

I own 6 apartments in Belize, where the news is ALL propaganda and if you speak out against it then you're likely to get a knock on the door from the GSU, a death squad.

I've seen how the media operate to know not to trust it, it's all propaganda. We're just a lot better and subtle at it here, and my experience tells me that unless I see/hear it then I won't believing anything that they write. I would think that it being the biggest financial gain in that clubs history then it would be talked more in the media than 2 papers in a different country.

There probably is a 10% clause in his contract, and when we sell him(which will definitely be this summer imo) then we should be adding the same on. That and at least £15M.

lmao this is amazing

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think we face a huge decision on Morelos come the summer.

1) convince him to stay for 1 more season and sell it to him as a title hunt, maybe even increase his salary.

or

2) cash in to the highest bidder. If he continues the way he is and bags 40+ goals we will have a lot of interest and it’ll be big money.

Personally I think it’ll be option 2 and rebuild using the money. But hope we get £20+ million and a decent sell on clause for him.

What do you all think? 

We don’t have a decision to make, the player will make the decision. If it’s a club he fancies then he will be off 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

If he goes I just hope it’s not to a mid table team down south. No cups, no European football, no fans as passionate as Rangers fans. Big loss to us, and a big loss to him. 

How’s earning 2-3 times his salary a big loss to him?  Both Everton and Watford would be career advancement for him 

He will be away, he wants away and if Liverpool can get 19 million for solanke then we should be demanding around the same or more, SG knows the English market ive every confidence he will get top dollar for him. I think Tav will be away, Hopefully we can get around 28 million for both players with majority going back into squad.

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

The only way we would even have a slim chance of keeping him is if we win this league, and can get through champs league qualifiers before the end of the window.

I think you over estimate the lure of 6 games in the CL compared to a season in England 

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

How’s earning 2-3 times his salary a big loss to him?  Both Everton and Watford would be career advancement for him 

No glory at those teams. Sure, more money but no titles, no cups, no Europe. I’m a selfish cunt and I want him here to stop the scum. Don’t see a problem with that. 

Minor peeve, but hope Alfredo doesn't use language like 'wait til the sumner to see if there's a way out' too often. Not quite as flattering for us as some of the other ways he's been describing leaving.

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

He will be away, he wants away and if Liverpool can get 19 million for solanke then we should be demanding around the same or more, SG knows the English market ive every confidence he will get top dollar for him. I think Tav will be away, Hopefully we can get around 28 million for both players with majority going back into squad.

Gerrard won't be involved in negotiations

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No glory at those teams. Sure, more money but no titles, no cups, no Europe. I’m a selfish cunt and I want him here to stop the scum. Don’t see a problem with that. 

Football isn't about glory to players. 

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Gerrard won't be involved in negotiations

i know its the board but SG knows the money side of things down there, he will know his worth, cant see even the board letting him go on the cheap.  Honestly, in todyas market we should be getting around 20 million for him.  

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think playing in Scotland, winning titles and playing in Europe ( neither guaranteed) even comes close to playing in the EPL on triple your wages 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

i know its the board but SG knows the money side of things down there, he will know his worth, cant see even the board letting him go on the cheap.  Honestly, in todyas market we should be getting around 20 million for him.  

SG won’t be involved in the negotiations 

Just now, AlCapone said:

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think playing in Scotland, winning titles and playing in Europe ( neither guaranteed) even comes close to playing in the EPL on triple your wages 

football in scotland is finished ffs. money has fucked the game for scots football.