Katic

Lloyd

4 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Kent can play either side and while he’s out of the team it should be Grezdas last chance to try and solidify his place in the squad next season. 

Grezda has hardly had a chance though.  I'd certainly play him in every game until the end of the season.  He has had more game time for the Albanian National team than for us in the last few months.   Grezda and Katic situations make me wonder at our signing policy.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That wasn’t the point but it was to develop our own players, and that argument isn’t a flaw because Worrall is a better defender than Katic

Keep telling yourself that, you will end up getting a worse name for yourself than me backing Mo to the hilt. 

Can guarantee you Katic doesn’t let that big muppet run the length of our half without ever putting a tackle in. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Keep telling yourself that, you will end up getting a worse name for yourself than me backing Mo to the hilt. 

Can guarantee you Katic doesn’t let that big muppet run the length of our half without ever putting a tackle in. 

I won’t because 1 I’m right and two he’s away soon so couldn’t particularly care

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Coaching is more than just making them a better ball player, it’s about making them a whole better person. 

I wouldn’t say he has outgrown this league, he could easily have another year with us which I think was the plan all along. We win 55 he bangs in 30+ goals next season and he leaves for the highest money we can get. But if Stevie and his staff can’t get his head right then they have failed the club just as much as Mo. 

Same goes for Katic, at one point you would’ve thought Stevie was going to have his babies the way he gushed about him. Then nothing. 

Mate it shouldn’t take a coach to tell you so that you know not to hit out at someone. Morelos is 22 lets not act like he’s a wee boy anymore he needs to take some responsibility for himself now.

I think he’s out grown the league, just the way he talks makes it sound like that to me, since January he’s done about 3 different interviews that have included him talking about leaving in the summer, I do think he has been committed to us but it does seem like he knows he’s away in the summer. 

Katic is strange as fuck to me, I think there’s been a clause in Worralls loan contract to say he needs to start a certain number of games but there’s also been rumours of him having a bad attitude. I haven’t seen evidence of a bad attitude in his social media posts, having dinner with big Gough and always talking about how he wants to play but then I’ve not seen him in training. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Katic is better than Worrall - that’s why he should be playing. However, it doesn’t make sense to have the attititude just to bin loan players when it doesn’t go well. No one will loan players to us if we want rid as soon as things go wrong.

Mate what’s the point of developing a player who is worse than our own in my opinion in games that mean nothing? He has played way more games than he should have this season. 

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Grezda has hardly had a chance though.  I'd certainly play him in every game until the end of the season.  He has had more game time for the Albanian National team than for us in the last few months.   Grezda and Katic situations make me wonder at our signing policy.

He maybe hasn’t had many starts pal but most of the time he has he’s not done anything to warrant a place in the team the next week apart from the game against Motherwell. I agree I’d give him till the end of the season too to see if he’s up for it. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

The less he plays the better Katic seems to get. 

It’s not even about that tho is it? It’s about the defensive partnership we have being not good enough and us having a young under 21 Croatian international in our squad who doesn’t get a sniff of the first team. He at least deserves till the end of the season to prove to us he deserves a place in the side next season. 

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The less he plays the better Katic seems to get. 

Have said on here before, but I think we've got three maybe four good options as center backs. McAuley is probably past it now, tbf. They could and should be improved upon, as we should always be looking to do so but there isn't much between Katic and Worrall. Both lack that elite level of consistency that we probably need to be champions at the moment - perhaps because of their age/how many games they've played in their career/first time at a club this size? There's a few variables but both fall slightly short with distribution and concentration.

I'm a bit surprised at the amount of abuse our defense has taken for Sunday's result tbh, playing for the majority of the game with ten men in our hardest away game and barring one chance for Sinclair and the eventual calamity from Tav, they mostly just threatened from set pieces. We looked pretty comfortable, probably more comfortable after going down to ten tbh. 

16 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

It’s not even about that tho is it? It’s about the defensive partnership we have being not good enough and us having a young under 21 Croatian international in our squad who doesn’t get a sniff of the first team. He at least deserves till the end of the season to prove to us he deserves a place in the side next season. 

Yeah I agree that he should be playing instead of Worrall, but I think a lot of people think he is going to come in and immediately make us look a better side and I’m not sure that’s the case.

34 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Mate it shouldn’t take a coach to tell you so that you know not to hit out at someone. Morelos is 22 lets not act like he’s a wee boy anymore he needs to take some responsibility for himself now.

I think he’s out grown the league, just the way he talks makes it sound like that to me, since January he’s done about 3 different interviews that have included him talking about leaving in the summer, I do think he has been committed to us but it does seem like he knows he’s away in the summer. 

Katic is strange as fuck to me, I think there’s been a clause in Worralls loan contract to say he needs to start a certain number of games but there’s also been rumours of him having a bad attitude. I haven’t seen evidence of a bad attitude in his social media posts, having dinner with big Gough and always talking about how he wants to play but then I’ve not seen him in training. 

At 22 mate I was a long long way away from the finished man, did things I’m not proud off would’ve fought with my shadow. He’s a young man in a foreign country getting all sorts said about him, kicked all over the place and very little sympathy or help coming from anyone. I’m surprised he hasn’t blown his top more often.

Hes always going to talk about leaving he’s too good to play his career in Scotland, would rather he was honest instead of blowing smoke up our arses by claiming he’s here for life and this is the only club he ever wanted to play for. Anyway enough about Mo it’s all been said. 

I did notice that Katic fell out of favour really quickly once Borna and Grezda showed up, wonder if the 3 of them like the life away from the pitch too much. Maybe Katic spat the dummy when he was dropped for really no reason, maybe Stevie thinks he’s just not mature enough mentally for a full season in the starting 11. Hope Worral doesn’t have a clause can’t be arsed with those, it’s more or less letting another manager have a say in what team you pick, which is nonsense. 

36 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

If candeias is still starting every week next season we can forget winning the league. Nowhere near good enough.

If Davis is staying and we have Stewart and Jones brought in , we are winning fuck all and Gerrard will be gone at Xmas......