What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard is a global name so we are simply reaching out to the global market with respect. I don't see an issue with this at all.

The issue isn't the content itself. 

As said, nice gesture. 

Will Rangers be tweeting awareness by goodwill etc for all religions within our support is my question. 

Religious holiday, public holiday or any other holiday. 

That is all. 

Just didn't put it very well this morning. Glad some can actually see where I was coming from though without the usual childish jibes.  Ho hum. 

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

As said, nice gesture. 

Will Rangers be tweeting awareness by goodwill etc for all religions within our support is my question. 

That is all. 

Just didn't put it very well this morning. Glad some can actually see where I was coming from though without the usual childish jibes.  Ho hum. 

Yeah, good point well made. Everyone could see where you were coming from, but it was a great opportunity for some cheap hits.

7 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

As said, nice gesture. 

That is all. 

The thing is, It'd be easier to take these kinds of points seriously if they were made when Christmas greetings are expressed. They never are though.

'Merry Christmas to all from Rangers FC'... 'Pandering', 'looking forward to 12th July greeting', 'virtue signalling', 'kind of thing the mhanks do'. Canny see it somehow.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The thing is, It'd be easier to take these kinds of points seriously if they were made when Christmas greetings are expressed. They never are though.

'Merry Christmas to all from Rangers FC'... 'Pandering', 'looking forward to 12th July greeting', 'virtue signalling', 'kind of thing the mhanks do'. Canny see it somehow.

Christmas isn't celebrated by just the one religion though..

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Christmas isn't celebrated by just the one religion though..

What difference does being celebrated by more than one religion make?

32 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

As said, nice gesture. 

That is all. 

I didn't really like how you put it this morning either. Do I think we should acknowledge goodwill for all religious holidays? Probably not but religion is something I'm not comfortable talking about on a football forum. Personally, I saw no harm in it and I wasn't offended. If some people were, I have no problem with that either.

31 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I can agree with much of that, but I do suffer badly from taigophobia. Also, the taigs are the most intolerant bastards on the planet. Historians estimate 50 million butchered down through the centuries by their hand and much of that Protestants and the less said about their institutional peadophilia the better.They are regarded as the antiChrist by most of the reformist faiths. Those cunts were never Christians. Their Jesuit priest oath still calls for the elimination of all reformists by whatever means. 

Roman Catholicism is not a Christ worshipping religious sect, but a satanic worshipping coven.  

I get that but as with all religions, they are good ones and bad ones among Catholics too, to tar them all with the same brush is to be blinded by indifference (while I know you to be far better educated in the mechanisms involved within religous worship than I ) imo. I will defend the individual rights of a Catholic to practice that religion as long as they would show others religions the same rights. Religous practice is not the enemy but religous intolerance is imo, if you believe in creationists then logically at some point you have to face the reality that whoever your god is also created the other guys too, then they should be held with the same divinity and reverence as your fellow followers, That is why extremism of any religion is so destructive because not only does it dehumanise those whith religous difference it then enables killing in the name of it to become way to easy. :pipe:

Heavy duty stuff for a Sunday night my man, world will be sorted tomorrow if they just tune in to Rangers Media and listening to the ramblings of a guy named after a coloured pigeon :bow: