What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

They will abandon it so not to offend players whose religion forbids alcohol use.

In the 4 bullet points under the headline that's the only reason given.Why would it offend anyone ? if someone offers you a drink and you don't drink you just tell them,same as being offered a fag you just say you don't smoke,why would anyone get offended. 

29 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I don’t necessarily think that the club should be involving themselves with any kind of religious message regardless of what it is. 

Secondly, some of the narrow minded shite I’ve read on here is laughable. I remember a guy I knew posting something abusive towards Muslims on social media. Turns out after I questioned him it was actually a Muslim doctor that had saved his life a couple of months prior when he’d suffered a stroke.

Aye but i thanked him at the time.

54 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm fortunate to work with a few females who constantly bring in amazing grub for me. So I'm going to have to partly join in with the "fasting". 😅

Roll on 4th of June and Eid al-Fitr.:thumbsup:

Used to work in an office where there were loads of people from the Sikh community. I musty have put on a couple of stone with all the samosas and Indian sweets they brought in.  Some of the nicest people I've ever met.

10 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Bizarre thread. I can't recall if we have Muslim players at the minute because it's not something to particularly care about but I'm sure we do. We definitely have Muslim fans. This isn't virtue signalling, just the club doing the usual decent - and corporate positive pr - thing of wishing people a happy holiday. No idea why they're already 7 pages about it.

You won’t be saying that when Christmas is cancelled, women are banned and you’re staring down the barrel of a muslamic ray gun.

I stand with the club in sharing goodwill with our Muslim brothers and sisters on thier religous holiday, our Christian based prinsipals of tolerance and fair mindedness in the interest of individual liberties and religous freedoms should be celebrated and shown around the world. We are not intolerate or the racist bigots people are led to believe and this helps to dispel that misinterpretation and political agenda. Peace and goodwill to all   :jesus:  

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you implying Christmas is the sole reserve of Catholics?

They have days that are exclusively Catholic, I await us acknowledging our separated brethren outright as we have done for Islam.

Dangerous road for the Club to go down.

We either acknowledge all faiths on their religious days or we acknowledge none.

I would prefer we acknowledge none.

3 minutes ago, SonOfLuther said:

Are you implying Christmas is the sole reserve of Catholics?

They have days that are exclusively Catholic, I await us acknowledging our separated brethren outright as we have done for Islam.

Dangerous road for the Club to go down.

We either acknowledge all faiths on their religious days or we acknowledge none.

I would prefer we acknowledge none.

No, I'm pointing out that Ramadan isn't solely for one individual sect of Islam so catholics, as part of the wider Christian faith, get a message at Xmas. 

Just now, The Dude said:

No, I'm pointing out that Ramadan isn't solely for one individual sect of Islam so catholics, as part of the wider Christian faith, get a message at Xmas. 

If we are an all inclusive Club, I look forward to Judaism, Hinduism etc to receive similar messages on the appropriate days relevant to them.

That is true tolerance, all encompassing.

If we are not intent on doing this for all faiths, I would question why not..

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

I just find it odd that fans are complaining that the club is acknowledging a religious festival.  Especially when we've been doing it for a number of years now.

It just becomes the same with folk greeting that they never wished a happy (insert minor religious festival) because the club acknowledged one of the biggest.

It's virtue signalling. Nothing more,nothing less.