Pre Season

bennyali

4 hours ago, bennyali said:

Does anyone know when pre season is?

27th June is when the qualifiers start so I guess we will be back in for June the 1st?

Pretty crap the players only get two weeks off.

I'm sure whatever wages they're getting on a weekly basis will make up for 'only' getting two weeks off. 

6 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

I'm sure whatever wages they're getting on a weekly basis will make up for 'only' getting two weeks off. 

30 grand a week does not mean that your niggling injuries and your human need just to put your feet up and chill will be cured in two weeks. They need to properly chill for a few weeks then come back and get right into it. Can't have a mentally fatigued team fighting for a title thru the pain barrier. Makes no footballing sense

3 hours ago, bennyali said:

30 grand a week does not mean that your niggling injuries and your human need just to put your feet up and chill will be cured in two weeks. They need to properly chill for a few weeks then come back and get right into it. Can't have a mentally fatigued team fighting for a title thru the pain barrier. Makes no footballing sense

Apart from teachers do any other professions get 3 weeks off in one chunk?

7 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Apart from teachers do any other professions get 3 weeks off in one chunk?

Not that I can think of but footballers are running faster and further than ever so it’s important they are given time to rest and recover irrespective of how much they earn.

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They do get barely any time off during the season. From July to May it’s pretty much 6/7 days a week.

Then they can retire around 30 and if they were good enough do what the hell they want, it’s a hard life.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I suppose the counter point would be that materially all other professional sportsmen will have a longer off-season. 

I personally blame the rest of the SPFL for voting us down and utterly decimating the co-efficient having all Scottish teams enter at the very bottom of the qualifiers. Will take a while to drag Scotland up the rankings. 

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I hate this time of year. Watching and playing football has been a big part of my life for 50 years. I'm already itching for next season. Fuck this three weeks off shit

Only benefit of early qualifiers! 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I personally blame the rest of the SPFL for voting us down and utterly decimating the co-efficient having all Scottish teams enter at the very bottom of the qualifiers. Will take a while to drag Scotland up the rankings. 

The mhanks have also played their part with utterly woeful European performances. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

😂

If you resent them that much don’t go pay to watch them at Ibrox and cancel your Sky/BT.

I'm just a jealous bugger that's all, not just football. Anyone who can put play in front of their profession I'm jealous of.

Play football for a living, play guitar for a living, all a bunch of wankers. :lol:

3 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The mhanks have also played their part with utterly woeful European performances. 

All the Mhanks Euro thrashings were brave moral victories though. Do UEFA not take moral victories into account when calculating the coefficient?

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Copa America is on but late night kick offs! I find that one of the best and exciting International tournaments.

That Nations League thing is on aswell but doesn't excite me one bit.