'WATP Sessions'

Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

Rangers fans for palestine 🤮🤮

Minging man, I'm not pro Israel or anything I couldn't give a fuck about the situation over there but if you seen that and didn't know you'd think that was a rabid tarrier

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Minging man, I'm not pro Israel or anything I couldn't give a fuck about the situation over there but if you seen that and didn't know you'd think that was a rabid tarrier

Aye am the same mate but that palestine pish is just another ambulance for they mingin honkin tarrier paedo bastards tae chase. Fucking barkin.

On 02/06/2019 at 23:18, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If it is what it is on the face of it then each to their own. If it's being run by yessers amongst our support who are saying the usual tunes will still be played when actually there's more chance of Steve Clarke singing Scotland the brave then that's sneaky. And I'm hearing its sneaky.

On 03/06/2019 at 11:56, cosmoger said:

What's being run by yessers in our support? I am the main organiser who sourced the musicians.  When searching for the talent the brief was simple, bluenose musicians who were keen on the idea and concept and who were fully committed to the project.  

Are you doubting the credentials of the musicians who are 100% bluenoses and either current or former season ticket holders?  What's so  sneaky about it?  Ask a direct question and you will get a direct answer.

54 minutes ago, cosmoger said:

Statement from organisers -

Contrary to the rumour mill WATP Sessions is not a pro independence supporting event. The original aim was and still is to promote old, current and new songs purely for the love of the team and the players. We understand that there have been a lot of concerns about one of the performers and his political allegiance. While we don't agree with the politcal views of David, he is a great musician who loves the bears and this was the only reason he was put forward. We are not deaf to our support. It has been agreed that David Mairs will not be playing on the night.

WATP

A scum like statement that regrets and is sympathetic but not really sorry.

32 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

What about Kirk?

8BBB44D8-988A-444B-963E-BC3856455D19.jpeg

3B2CEEA9-5152-4A57-AAEC-7750F2245B51.jpeg

Pretty fucking Indy looking to me.

This is what’s wrong with our support, we are divided as fuck. 

A Rangers only night with songs dedicated to our illustrious club along with songs about our players - while getting onit. What’s not to like? 

I’m also not quite sure where the pro independence crowd comments are coming from? What, because some walloper who has now been chucked off happens to support independence, the crowd support independence? That doesn’t even make sense ffs. 

Buy your tickets up. The other 2 lads and Jodie are as staunch as they come and deserve our support. Not to mention that a lot of effort has went in to organise this event. 

It’s a sad reflection on our support when you have people willing for this to fail. 

3 minutes ago, Stanley Yelnats said:

A Rangers only night with songs dedicated to our illustrious club along with songs about our players - while getting onit. What’s not to like? 

I’m also not quite sure where the pro independence crowd comments are coming from? What, because some walloper who has now been chucked off happens to support independence, the crowd support independence? That doesn’t even make sense ffs. 

Buy your tickets up. The other 2 lads and Jodie are as staunch as they come and deserve our support. Not to mention that a lot of effort has went in to organise this event. 

It’s a sad reflection on our support when you have people willing for this to fail. 

Fuck paying money to watch yes voting Palestine loving pricks playing music ,ram that up yer arse 

14 minutes ago, Stanley Yelnats said:

First of all, regardless of the politics of it, the songs being suggested are absolutely ridiculous. Secondly do you not think it's divisive hiring guys who are pro independence and play in Irish bas in Glasgow?

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

First of all, regardless of the politics of it, the songs being suggested are absolutely ridiculous. Secondly do you not think it's divisive hiring guys who are pro independence and play in Irish bas in Glasgow?

Agreed.

Fair play to that WBD for actually trying, and She's Electric could actually work but the lyrics are woeful.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

This will be the first night of the event, so any songs and criticism will be taken on board by organisers I presume and any issues will be ironed out - as it is with any event that’s starts up. 

From my point of view, if it was me organising it I wouldn’t hire anyone who supports independence, but I won’t place any blame at the organisers for not stalking their facebooks to find if they support the SNP or not. 

Being tasked to find musicians in Glasgow isn’t an easy task. Music artists tend to be the arty farty types who support veganism, independence and Palestine for example. Musicians don’t have it easy, so I wouldn’t begrudge anyone for playing in an Irish themed bar, where they are guaranteed to rake in money, as they are obsessed with their music. If they were playing Rebel songs, that would be an entirely different matter. 

Finally, just because someone supports independence (which I don’t) doesn’t make them any less of a Rangers supporter than you or I. I know a few who do and put their heart and soul into fighting for our club. Jim McColl, a nationalist, donated 3000 of his own shares to RF when it started up. 

Having differing political views shouldn’t have come into this. It’s an apolitical event for the love of Rangers.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I only ever hear it used by Scottish people 

Here you're loyalist or you aren't, there's no gimmicky word for it 

It's weird mate. See something that's red white and blue, that's staunch. Player in a suit, that's staunch. Orange tshirt, also staunch :lol: 

Just now, Jeffrey said:

The one to levels is fucking atrocious  

Not seen that mate.

1 minute ago, Stanley Yelnats said:

This will be the first night of the event, so any songs and criticism will be taken on board by organisers I presume and any issues will be ironed out - as it is with any event that’s starts up. 

From my point of view, if it was me organising it I wouldn’t hire anyone who supports independence, but I won’t place any blame at the organisers for not stalking their facebooks to find if they support the SNP or not. 

Being tasked to find musicians in Glasgow isn’t an easy task. Music artists tend to be the arty farty types who support veganism, independence and Palestine for example. Musicians don’t have it easy, so I wouldn’t begrudge anyone for playing in an Irish themed bar, where they are guaranteed to rake in money, as they are obsessed with their music. If they were playing Rebel songs, that would be an entirely different matter. 

Finally, just because someone supports independence (which I don’t) doesn’t make them any less of a Rangers supporter than you or I. I know a few who do and put their heart and soul into fighting for our club. Jim McColl, a nationalist, donated 3000 of his own shares to RF when it started up. 

Having differing political views shouldn’t have come into this. It’s an apolitical event for the love of Rangers.

Well for me and clearly a lot of people the SNP/independence and Rangers just don't go

Jim McColl spent more money on the yes campaign than he did when we needed someone like him to step up, not sure that's a great example

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's weird mate. See something that's red white and blue, that's staunch. Player in a suit, that's staunch. Orange tshirt, also staunch :lol: 

Aye, like when I first heard it I actually thought it was a taig piss take. Something they would use to sarcastically describe anything from the PUL community