Deadwood at Rangers

Burts91

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Weird one, shame.

Fuck knows why we’d punt him and keep Halliday.

Would guess Dorrans would be among our higher earners . Can't see him getting game time with the options we have now so makes sense to get rid imo, although I do think if it wasn't for injuries he could have done a job for us.

People seem to be under the impression that the Graham Dorrans that was tearing up the English Championship and performing well as an Attacking Midfielder in the Premier League for West Brom is going to emerge for us.

But the fact is he hasn’t performed to that level for about 5 years now, he hasn’t shown a single sign that he’s going to be that player for us and his last two years at West Brom he was gash hence why we were able to sign him. Injuries have completely ruined him as a player. He might have been able to adapt his game into a sitting midfielder but he’s spent far to much time on the treatment table for that to happen, he is finished at our level and we have far better options than him.

People only suggest him because he’s a big Rangers fan and because they remember his form from half a decade ago. If he was some foreigner with no ties to Rangers there’s not a chance half the people on here would be suggesting he gets another chance, and like others have said he’s on relatively high wages for us and should be shown the door at the first opportunity.

On 21/06/2019 at 09:55, Burts91 said:

There must be around 12-15 players on our books just now that have absolutely no chance of getting a game.  Hopefully after we bring in Aribo, Kent and Edmundson then our main priority is getting rid of them. Would surely free up around 150k per week in wages. 

Dorrans, Lafferty, rossiter, Alnwick, Grezda among many others would then free up circa 7.8m on wages per year which could then be spent elsewhere. 

Any news on any of these players leaving?

I’d no include Dorrans in that. Horrendous luck with injuries with his time here, but without doubt got the ability to make a difference if he’s fit. 

Same as Murphy, he’s like a new signing this season. 

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I’d no include Dorrans in that. Horrendous luck with injuries with his time here, but without doubt got the ability to make a difference if he’s fit. 

Same as Murphy, he’s like a new signing this season. 

Gerrard has told him to find a new club.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I know. Can’t see it happening though. He’s not going to look enthusiastically as like you or I it’s his club. Can’t see clubs that could tempt him away lining up, plus he’s made up to be back in Glasgow. 

It was tongue in cheek really and I’m actually gutted for the lad, of the game was played on ability alone he’s the best player in Scotland for me no question, just a shame you can’t get him on the pitch 

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Murphy though is another thing. In that side last season I believe he’s the difference between achieving nothing and winning silverware of some sort 

better than Kent all day long 

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

Did Joe Dodoo go to Portugal?  Surely to fuck we would be trying to get rid of him as well.

Nah.

The guy that runs that 4lads stuff posted this on FF:

I stuck this up on my twitter earlier but few rumours to mull over (rumours key word) -

Jason Holt - 3 offers in from down south, Rangers think they can get around £250,000

Jordan Rossiter - Was supposed to make trip today but hasn’t & story goes there is huge interest & we are ready to off load

Herrera - Will be staying in Mexico & Rangers discussing deal with club to see if agreement to take over contract at no cost of ours

Glenn Middleton- leaves this week on loan, another not on trip

Dorrans / Grezda - not on trip to Portugal, has been told no future - interest in Grezda on loan

Kyle Lafferty - multiple offers but all likely just to get rid, wasn’t on trip to Portugal

Zak Rudden - foot injury not on trip to Portugal

Ryan Hardie - No future at the club & not on trip either apparently (?)

Joe Dodoo - loan offers in including from old club Blackpool, we’d rather he went permanently another not on trip

Ross McCrorie & Jake Hastie have NOT been told they are available for loan - yet or if they will unknown

No strong interest in Barisic or Morelos YET - Villa are hovering around Tav

So looks like deadwood will start to be shown door & few other wee bits

Now, this isn’t breaking news etc - just a discussion point on a few things (to be clear not itk news etc just a bunch of rumours to discuss on thread)

As he says none of that is solid info as such, but if that's anything to go by, we're getting rid of plenty of the shite finally!

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Nah.

The guy that runs that 4lads stuff posted this on FF:

As he says none of that is solid info as such, but if that's anything to go by, we're getting rid of plenty of the shite finally!

Like Holt, wish him all the best.

Rossiter’s a good player, should keep and use him in the early qualifiers to show it.

Was weird giving Hardie the contract in January.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Like Holt, one of the few over the last few years that actually looked like he would ran through brick walls for us.

Rossiter’s a good player, should keep and use him in the early qualifiers to show it.

Was weird giving Hardie the contract in January.

Agree. Holt was never one of the shitebags (to me anyway), just wasn't good enough sadly.

Rossiter I thought would've got the Portugal trip at the very least to show himself, especially after not only the high praise he received from Gerrard during the Marbella stuff last pre-season but also the successful loan spell. Who knows going by that though! 

As for Hardie, fuck knows why we extended to be honest.

Can only assume Alnwick and Fod will be away too?

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Agree. Holt was never one of the shitebags (to me anyway), just wasn't good enough sadly.

Rossiter I thought would've got the Portugal trip at the very least to show himself, especially after not only the high praise he received from Gerrard during the Marbella stuff last pre-season but also the successful loan spell. Who knows going by that though! 

As for Hardie, fuck knows why we extended to be honest.

Can only assume Alnwick and Fod will be away too?

Would much rather him than Docherty in all honesty.

Alnwick I’d say would be going, Foderingham all depends if he want’s to be second choice I think.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would much rather him than Docherty in all honesty.

Alnwick I’d say would be going, Foderingham all depends if he want’s to be second choice I think.

I don't know what to make of Docherty at all. I like his attitude, but before Gerrard arrived he spent most the time passing the ball to the other fucking team. Yet, all year he's been putting up pretty decent stats in a much worse team than we're getting Aribo from. I'm hopeful he can break in and prove himself. 

All in all, I'll be so fucking glad to see the back of some of those names above.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I don't know what to make of Docherty at all. I like his attitude, but before Gerrard arrived he spent most the time passing the ball to the other fucking team. Yet, all year he's been up pretty decent stats in a much worse team than we're getting Aribo from. I'm hopeful he can break in and prove himself. 

All in all, I'll be so fucking glad to see the back of some of those names above.

Herrera is honestly up there with our worst signings ever man, spunked a million on him 🤢

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Herrera is honestly up there with our worst signings ever man, spunked a million on him 🤢

Paying him unreal wages to spend most of his time taking pictures of fucking castles. Even had a dedicated video to show how shite he was full of horrendous misses! 

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Paying him unreal wages to spend most of his time taking pictures of fucking castles. Even had a dedicated video to show how shite he was full of horrendous misses! 

I live for his tourism. Inject it into ma veins

Ok i know its not 1st choice line ups,  the 3rd pic is fantasy stuff and Kent is maybe a no, but just to show the amount of players we currently have on the books. This doesnt include Herrera, Firth, Hardie, Rudden, Dodoo or anyone else ive forgot.

Hopfully get a few out the door soon

20190623_130753.jpg

20190623_130807.jpg

20190623_130731.jpg

On 23/06/2019 at 00:52, 1690tamRFC said:

Murphy though is another thing. In that side last season I believe he’s the difference between achieving nothing and winning silverware of some sort 

better than Kent all day long 

Behave yourself