Deadwood at Rangers

Burts91

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Because he is no longer injured. Because he was the best player in pre season last year ( Gerrard's words ). Because he is an England U21. Who's to say he is not better than Jack, McCrorie or an ageing Davis? You? I don't think any of us know exactly what we have in this kid. Let's see how the next three weeks pan out before jumping to any conclusions. It may turn out that you are right.

Add to that - should we get through to the Europa league then we are looking at another >50 game season -- squad rotation could be key to our league challenge as last season took its toll on some players.   

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Why do people think Rossiter still has a role to play? 

He’s already behind Jack, Davis, Arfield, Kamara & McCrorie in terms of getting a place in the midfield three and we still want to add Aribo to that too.

Rossiter might be a decent player but he’s not likely to get a look in with us. 

Yup, that goes double for Dorrans. 

Problem is no cunt is stupid enough to take even half our duds. Warburton and Caixinha’s reigns still haunting is it seems. 

4 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

So my basic maths says celtic have 50 players averaging 16.6k a week .

We have 50 players averaging 8.9k a week......

Doesn't sound right tbh

Wasn’t Dembélé in around 30/40k per week? Sure Brown was reported to be just under 30k. Then you have other big names such as Forrest, Sinclair, Eduard, Griffiths, Rogic, Tierney, Lustig, Gordon in big wages along with duds who are supposedly earning a fortune like Henry, Gamboa, Kouassi, Bitton etc. Not beyond the realms of possibility for me. 

15 hours ago, Burts91 said:

There must be around 12-15 players on our books just now that have absolutely no chance of getting a game.  Hopefully after we bring in Aribo, Kent and Edmundson then our main priority is getting rid of them. Would surely free up around 150k per week in wages. 

Dorrans, Lafferty, rossiter, Alnwick, Grezda among many others would then free up circa 7.8m on wages per year which could then be spent elsewhere. 

Any news on any of these players leaving?

Good idea, not sure why this hasn’t been thought of 

Any deadwood we can sell for whatever price, just free up the wages.

If we can't sell whoever is left then offer to other clubs like hearts, Motherwell etc on loan for any % of wage so they can't play against us but have a chance at at putting a dent in the tims.

Would like to see the squad trimmed to around 20/22 1st team with youth as backup.

Most of this deadwood are on contracts and are in no rush to go anywhere. We usually end up paying them to go. Then when we pay them off they miraculously find another club.

Contracts are a joke , this new guy from Oldham could turn out to be another donkey and we have given him a four year contract.........

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Most of this deadwood are on contracts and are in no rush to go anywhere. We usually end up paying them to go. Then when we pay them off they miraculously find another club.

Contracts are a joke , this new guy from Oldham could turn out to be another donkey and we have given him a four year contract.........

Which makes me think those contacts are pretty decent to sit about on their arses doing nothing. 

It’s the mark of the man who WANTS to play football even if it means a slight cut in their wage. 

Our deadwood might just be happy knowing that wage will never come again 

Rossiter was playing regularly while out on loan last season and the Bury manager couldn’t speak more highly of him:

“Jordan was fit as a fiddle when he came in,” Lowe said. “He was subbed on in the first game at half-time and after that he didn’t look back.

“He was in the team every week, he trained every day and didn’t miss anything. He was phenomenal and for a guy who has had injuries and niggles, for me to get him on the pitch week in week out was great.

“There were times when I wanted to rest Jordan because I felt he had played so many games and I was asking him if he was OK. He said ‘I’m fine’ and he wanted to be in every training session and every game.

“I think a lot of credit has to go to Jordan for his determination and he must have picked up about 10 Man of the Match awards in the 17 games that he played for us. He was instrumental, he was terrific and what a lad, a real hard working character.

“Obviously at Rangers, Jordan was desperate to play for them. I don’t know what his full injury record was before he came to me, but he was fit, very fit, when he came to us and maybe a bit unfortunate that he didn’t get into Stevie’s plans.

“But there are quality players around and it is difficult at a club like Rangers. Jordan just wanted to play football, he was desperate to play. He couldn’t wait to come and play for us.

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Rossiter was playing regularly while out on loan last season and the Bury manager couldn’t speak more highly of him:

“Jordan was fit as a fiddle when he came in,” Lowe said. “He was subbed on in the first game at half-time and after that he didn’t look back.

“He was in the team every week, he trained every day and didn’t miss anything. He was phenomenal and for a guy who has had injuries and niggles, for me to get him on the pitch week in week out was great.

“There were times when I wanted to rest Jordan because I felt he had played so many games and I was asking him if he was OK. He said ‘I’m fine’ and he wanted to be in every training session and every game.

“I think a lot of credit has to go to Jordan for his determination and he must have picked up about 10 Man of the Match awards in the 17 games that he played for us. He was instrumental, he was terrific and what a lad, a real hard working character.

“Obviously at Rangers, Jordan was desperate to play for them. I don’t know what his full injury record was before he came to me, but he was fit, very fit, when he came to us and maybe a bit unfortunate that he didn’t get into Stevie’s plans.

“But there are quality players around and it is difficult at a club like Rangers. Jordan just wanted to play football, he was desperate to play. He couldn’t wait to come and play for us.

Easy to that with a wee pish team tho ,let’s see if he can have a gd pre season and do it for us ,doubt it 

19 hours ago, King Jela said:

Wasn’t Dembélé in around 30/40k per week? Sure Brown was reported to be just under 30k. Then you have other big names such as Forrest, Sinclair, Eduard, Griffiths, Rogic, Tierney, Lustig, Gordon in big wages along with duds who are supposedly earning a fortune like Henry, Gamboa, Kouassi, Bitton etc. Not beyond the realms of possibility for me. 

Jack Hendrys wage slip was leaked and he was making about £30k a month.

43 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Holt, Lafferty, Grezda and Dorrans have been left behind and told to find new clubs.

You sure about Dorrans? Seems weird given he was on bench last game of season.