*****Official Rangers v Blackburn Rovers Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gaffer doesn't seem too bothered there tbh.

He is right in that there were decent spells of play first half, we weren’t clinical and we gave away possession in dangerous areas. He stopped short of saying it was good to draw but I know where he is coming from that the players get a dose of reality that they can’t rest on their laurels. Had arfield scored or tav from the free kick then you’re looking at a much different outcome.

Terrible game. First decent opposition we’ve faced that gave a bit back and we looked pretty poor. Really unimpressed with Jones and Ojo in particular, Barisic and Katic were pretty shakey at the back I thought. Only Davis and Edmundson can be happy with their day today imo. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Terrible game. First decent opposition we’ve faced that gave a bit back and we looked pretty poor. Really unimpressed with Jones and Ojo in particular, Barisic and Katic were pretty shakey at the back I thought. Only Davis and Edmundson can be happy with their day today imo. 

Marseille are better than them. Blackburn were shite and the subs changed the game. The games are for fitness and I.dont get why people get worked up over friendlies tbh win or lose 

32 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

We played like utter shite today. So turgid. Was just like any of the games we threw away against the shite in our league last season.

Ojo showing glimpses of being a shitebag today as well. Hope that's the last. Don't know what the fuck McGregor was playing at half the time today either.

I thought Edmundson was supposed to be a left footed CB? If thats right enough why were we playing him and Katic round the wrong way (so to speak)?

No chance Gerrard is happy with a lot of what he seen today.

Fuck me calm down it was a friendly 

34 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

We played like utter shite today. So turgid. Was just like any of the games we threw away against the shite in our league last season.

Ojo showing glimpses of being a shitebag today as well. Hope that's the last. Don't know what the fuck McGregor was playing at half the time today either.

I thought Edmundson was supposed to be a left footed CB? If thats right enough why were we playing him and Katic round the wrong way (so to speak)?

No chance Gerrard is happy with a lot of what he seen today.

Fucking hell man

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Marseille are better than them. Blackburn were shite and the subs changed the game. The games are for fitness and I.dont get why people get worked up over friendlies tbh win or lose 

Marseille are a better team than them but I’d say Blackburn are decent, at best, team that gave us more of a game than Marseille did last week. 

I’m not overly fussed about a friendly either, just giving my opinion on the game. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Marseille are a better team than them but I’d say Blackburn are decent, at best, team that gave us more of a game than Marseille did last week. 

I’m not overly fussed about a friendly either, just giving my opinion on the game. 

All friendlies are shite 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Fucking hell man

It's true. Ojo was pulling out of tackles quite a few times today. He keeps that up the usual lot around me will be screaming at him in no time.

The football was shite as well, that's also true.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah but as he said it's similar to the issues that cost us dearly last season. I wasnt expecting him blowing his top, but did envisage him appearing more fucked off looking than he did.

Get that result on Thursday or show the same levels as today on Thursday and he will be raging.

Today was everything that I hate in friendlies, complacent, slow paced and lazy

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Get that result on Thursday or show the same levels as today on Thursday and he will be raging.

Today was everything that I hate in friendlies, complacent, slow paced and lazy

Honestly despise friendlies. Away ones are good as you.get.wrecked and have a sash bash.

Home ones are shite.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Honestly despise friendlies. Away ones are good as you.get.wrecked and have a sash bash.

Home ones are shite.

Seem to be favouring home friendlies under Gerrard, not sure why tbh.

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Only thing that worried me friendly or not Blackburn scored after we shot ourselves in the foot once again like we did a few times last season costing us valuable points. 

That was my only concern too.

Its one thing turning on the style when it’s going well.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt and put it down to a flat game, with a flat atmosphere.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I've defended Barisic for a year now but today he was rotten. If he continues to play like that, nae neck will rag doll him.

Your negativity is bringing me down here mate 😂😂, all joking aside I want him to do well but see when you see a defender pulling out of challenges on the ground ,in the air and being out muscled in situations if wee had his chance to wear that jersey we’d be going in bawz first to , there’s nothing worse to see as a supporter , we’re completely wasting our time with this lad , I said to my dad and mates today , opposition maybe not sure how to exploit us ,the minute the team sheets go in and he’s playing it makes the opposition manager team talk easy , bombard Barisic he’ll crumble 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So Ojo is already a shitebag and Jones along with Barisic aren't good enough. 

Who'll get it against Derby? Find out next time on more RM Friendly Furore. 

Harsh on Ojo, the thoughts on Jones and Barisic aren’t anything new and if opinions changed on a friendly then there’s something.

Archived