*****Official Rangers v Blackburn Rovers Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Looks like the players have got fed up with friendly games. 

Thought the subs broke our rythym up and that was that. Shite goal to lose right enough. Thursday is where it matters so on we go to that 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye £12 for that is ridiculous and pretty dumb tbh. Most people who watched probably got an illegal stream. If they priced it at a fiver you'd probably get most of those people just paying it so they don't have to faff about with other streams

I paid for streams twice in my life through RTV and both times they hadn't prepared for the sheer volume of users and it didn't work properly

Disappointing 2nd half.

Too many poor performances in that 2nd half.

Murphy was totally absent and did absolutely nothing in his time on the pitch.

SG doesn't have a headache now as to who will be the starting 11.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s fucking gash.

Hes a winger whos walked off with the only assist - also had a great effort saved & brought us 40-50 yards up the park a few times .. cunts on here desperate to choose a whipping boy & hound them no matter what they do gie me the fear  

Subs changed the game,Davis in particular was a big loss. Candeias would have shown more than Ojo today imo.Thought Barisic and Jones showed more today in the 1st half. Had the chances to have had the game won by half time but for a couple of excellent saves. Always demand a win but it was a 'friendly' and a very good workout against better opposition. Onward and upward.

Just the sort of game we needed right now. Lots of lessons there and a better insight into the squad. Difficult when you throw subs on in big numbers, takes a while to settle. Easy to point fingers so just to be positive, I think we were at our best with the experience of Davis, Arfield and Defoe on show.  My view of Edmundson continues on an upward trend. With time will be a great acquisition.

I don’t usually have a bad word to say about Kamara but today I thought he was awful... didn’t look like himself in the game against St Josephs either, giving the ball away etc. BUT it’s still pre-season so I guess we’ll see :lol:

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Thought the subs broke our rythym up and that was that. Shite goal to lose right enough. Thursday is where it matters so on we go to that 

Definitely the case. I don't think it's worth getting worked up over a friendly, it's totally different to a competitive match which is where it really counts. It was good to ensure plenty of players got game time but that's all you can say is good about friendly games. 

Going on this, Big Katic cost us a goal fucking about, Ojo and Jones were lacking creativity, Jack was non existent and although it's only a friendly it lacked in something our manager is looking for..... High tempo and aggression. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I paid for streams twice in my life through RTV and both times they hadn't prepared for the sheer volume of users and it didn't work properly

Third time and I'd had enough.  I've never had a decent service so a bit loathe to part with cash and feel let down again.

35 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Kamara has been rotten. 

He was pretty poor. Hopefully a temporary blip.

18 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Sometimes you only miss something when it's gone, you never know, might be the same with Candeias

I think today showed how raw Ojo is. We need an alternative to him, which would have been Daniel.

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Helander looks short on confidence 

Yeah, I thought so too. He didn’t look that comfortable to me. Not surprising I suppose given it is his first match, he is behind in pre-season, and he isn’t used to British football.

I don’t know what to say about Barisic. I don’t think he is playing any different from last season. Some good crossing but he looks weak defensively. I wouldn’t mind so much if he was giving us nearTav levels of attacking threat but he isn’t.

When Davis went off Kamara and Jack didn’t seem to know which one of them was taking on his role. 

We were fucking about at the back, Katic should have booted it out and Kamara ended up getting screwed. 

It was a blip that wouldn’t happen in a real game because you don’t make 6 subs 

6 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Just the sort of game we needed right now. Lots of lessons there and a better insight into the squad. Difficult when you throw subs on in big numbers, takes a while to settle. Easy to point fingers so just to be positive, I think we were at our best with the experience of Davis, Arfield Nd Defoe on show.  My view of Edmundson continues on an upward trend. With time will be a great acquisition.

Sensible post will never catch on

Only Davis & Arfield get pass marks from me and I suppose Defoe for getting his goal. Jack MOTM? - I didn't see it. Thought Ojo was average, Helander looked uncomfortable and I'm not sure Borna starts on Thursday after his performance today. Disappointed. 

Archived