*****Official Rangers v Blackburn Rovers Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

You have it wrong. You've read my posts and think I'm sitting utterly raging when I'm not. I posted my observations and opinions on the match, and our manager agrees with a number of them given his answers.  

If we're not allowed to judge players on what we see in front us until a certain point in a season then why bother having threads at this stage at all?

Well by the same token we can judge and say we were excellent against a better team in Marseille,my point is these are just friendlies and the most important thing is we are ready for Thursday.

The whole point in these friendlies are to get players ready for the competitive games and of that means a little blip like the so be it.

A lot of people seem to be going over the top about the draw today.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Well by the same token we can judge and say we were excellent against a better team in Marseille,my point is these are just friendlies and the most important thing is we are ready for Thursday.

The whole point in these friendlies are to get players ready for the competitive games and of that means a little blip like the so be it.

A lot of people seem to be going over the top about the draw today.

We were excellent against Marseille. That was thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

Yeah, I get that. It's certainly much better playing like shite today and drawing than at home to hibs in a few weeks.

I'm sure there's plenty that are actually seething at today.

I guess it's just the way I write things on here and the tone people can interpret it in as well. 

My mind is on Thursday  (and the draw tomorrow!). I'm excited for those things, not dwelling and raging about today :lol:

54 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are people blaming kamara for their goal, fucking hell the pass to him was fucking brutal

Other than that, dont care about the result, all about getting games into the legs, 

I felt Katic kicked the ball off Kamara.  Kamara has little chance of controlling a ball kicked at him at that pace, only a few yards apart.  Katic has a very good game tho and mistake in a friendly is quickly forgotten.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are people blaming kamara for their goal, fucking hell the pass to him was fucking brutal

Other than that, dont care about the result, all about getting games into the legs, 

As was Tav's pathetic attempt at a tackle afterwards.

3 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Hopefully not mate. Those games are made for someone Flanagan or Halliday who will put their body on the line for those 90 minutes.

Barisic should be kept for Europe and home games against the lesser sides in the league until he really starts to show a level of consistency as well as a bit of grit.

Well unless Tav improves on the shite he served up today, he should be in the same boat.

Thought he was on mogadon and was as laid back as fuck, friendly or no friendly.

Ah but, he had an assist, so that will be ok then thgen.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well unless Tav improves on the shite he served up today, he should be in the same boat.

Thought he was on mogadon and was as laid back as fuck, friendly or no friendly.

He was pretty poor today.  Personally I would like to see Polster a bit more often before I'd want him in against celtic whereas I've seen Flanagan and Halliday play well against celtic.

I just think Barisic needs a bit more time to get used to the Scottish game than we thought.

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You talk about assists as if they count for nothing.  Tav creates most of our goals, that’s his value.  He wasn’t as bad as you made out today and besides, it’s only a preseason friendly.  No one is up to speed yet.

I thought we where up against it from the start to be fair Blackburn braught there game to us it was a scrappy fight. Fair result and deserved draw. We have been spoilt so far and happy with the players today. 

Katic pass to Kamara though 😂😂 thunder bolt 

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Never been off for me.

It’s aw shite or aw sugar on here, no happy medium.

Im looking forward to the season starting proper instead of these bounce games and qualifiers against butchers, bakers and candlestick makers.

5 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Your negativity is bringing me down here mate 😂😂, all joking aside I want him to do well but see when you see a defender pulling out of challenges on the ground ,in the air and being out muscled in situations if wee had his chance to wear that jersey we’d be going in bawz first to , there’s nothing worse to see as a supporter , we’re completely wasting our time with this lad , I said to my dad and mates today , opposition maybe not sure how to exploit us ,the minute the team sheets go in and he’s playing it makes the opposition manager team talk easy , bombard Barisic he’ll crumble 

you not what mate, I even see his crossing as being over exaggerated. I want this guy to be the real deal but I'm truly having my doubts of late. 

12 hours ago, Supersonic said:

We played like utter shite today. So turgid. Was just like any of the games we threw away against the shite in our league last season.

Ojo showing glimpses of being a shitebag today as well. Hope that's the last. Don't know what the fuck McGregor was playing at half the time today either.

I thought Edmundson was supposed to be a left footed CB? If thats right enough why were we playing him and Katic round the wrong way (so to speak)?

No chance Gerrard is happy with a lot of what he seen today.

It's quite simple, mate! Now I have no idea where Edmundson normally played with his previous club, but I'll just about guarantee he will be getting groomed to be mainly a right  Central defender. Katic has always played left with Goldson on the right, so it would be stupid to have Katic, Edmundson, and Helander getting used to playing left, with only Goldson on the right. I commented on this in another thread when Helander signed for us and a poster asked about our potential central defender pairings.

I said then that it will be one youngster paired with a more experienced player, eg, Goldson + Katic, Edmundson + Helander, or a mixture of those combinations depending on the situation. The only reason we had the two youngsters together last night was because it was a friendly, and  you will have noticed that Katic had to move right because Helander only uses his right foot to get on buses (apparently). I would think the only reason there wasn't a straight swap with Katic-Helander was because Edmundson played a full game the other night  partnering Goldson  against St. Joseph's so the gaffer wanted Katic to get a full game under his belt.

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Was katic fault but the wee man has came back a wee bit off the boil.

12 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In football you always get balls battered at you and you have to control it Kamara was loose in possesion yesterday was a good reality check for us though as we needed that instead of playing teams who couldnt be arsed or didnt have any ability.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not seen it but heard Katic’s pass was dreadful, but it genuinely seems that people can’t criticise him. Same last season as well.

His pass and his whole decision making leading up to it was awful

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

His pass and his whole decision making leading up to it was awful

I think yesterday's game showed how raw he still is, and that there's still a mistake or two in there against decent opposition and probably why Gerrard keeps rotating him in and out the squad. 

Still like him, but yeah yesterday wasn't good from him.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I like him and think he’ll be quality mate but he’s extremely overrated by our fans imo. 

When all you had to compare him to was the defensive mess that was Worrall then it’s not hard to see why the fans wanted him back in. 

58 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

When all you had to compare him to was the defensive mess that was Worrall then it’s not hard to see why the fans wanted him back in. 

It’s nothing to do with Worrall, he makes mistakes and people don’t criticise but they would with others, it’s the same with McGregor, and try and pass the blame on to others.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s nothing to do with Worrall, he makes mistakes and people don’t criticise but they would with others, it’s the same with McGregor, and try and pass the blame on to others.

He makes less than Worrall ever did and he’s our player who is just a young lad trying his best, we all see the talent he has. 

Its actually rather refreshing he isn’t getting hung drawn and quartered. 

Archived