Walter Smith dinner at the Hilton Fri 16th aug

Lerry1971

43 minutes ago, Lerry1971 said:

Was privileged to attend this function. Had the meet and greet with Walter and Archie. A couple of gentlemen indeed. To say it was an honour is an understatement. Some of the stories regarding Gazza are absolutely hilarious lol😂. Especially the one when he roamed about parkhead getting whisky from their bar. I was in awe to be in the great man's presence that evening. Nothing was too much trouble for him. Though some of the over zealous security guards were cunts to say the least. All in all a fabulous night, and in the company of the men who delivered 9in a row. Priceless. I know it was a different era back then but Walter didn't half to well eh? Domestically we were unstoppable and barring the marseille fiasco we could well have won the European Cup.  Our photo takes pride of place on the mantlepiece.. Thanks again Sir Walter of Carmyle and Manchester. 👍

I firmly believe that we should have beaten those cheating bas*ards of Marseille that year and still think the final should have been replayed and we would have won it.  WATP.

27 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

I firmly believe that we should have beaten those cheating bas*ards of Marseille that year and still think the final should have been replayed and we would have won it.  WATP.

Yep agreed. It was also worth noting he remains very bitter regarding our title run in season 2008. When the sfa did fuck all to help our backlog. Utter cunts. 

13 hours ago, Lerry1971 said:

Yep agreed. It was also worth noting he remains very bitter regarding our title run in season 2008. When the sfa did fuck all to help our backlog. Utter cunts. 

He's  not the only one and I agree with him, strange how the mythical tour of Japan is conveniently forgotten when sporting integrity is brought up by Liewell, cheating bas*ards as usual.

15 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

It's time the guy was knighted for his service to football, Sir Walter has a nice ring to t and would be very well deserved.  

Indeed. That was my son's opening sentence to the great man. Sir Walter. Such a down to earth guy and an absolute legend. 

4 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Sir Walter, what a man and the source of many happy football memories.

9 in a row was special. As was the 2008 uefa cup final. Walter was his modest self on how we managed to get there lol. We were a tough nut to crack on our travels in Europe.