*****The Official Rangers v Legia Warsaw Thread*****

G.E.C.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Can't see the atmosphere being good tonight. There'll be too many people unsure of what they can and can't sing. I've seen people asking if "Build my Gallows" is still okay.

This along with the fact BF1 is closed and everyone now knows there's people in the crowd again filming has fucked it.

I totally know what you mean mate but I just think play it safe, and if it means singing the same safe songs over and over again, then so be it.  Surely we can all do that? 

But without doubt, the players NEED the fans with them tonight and after the Poles created a cracking atmosphere, their players need to know they've come into our cauldron. 

By not creating the atmosphere the players need in such a huge game, we're playing a major part in fucking it for ourselves/putting ourselves out of Europe.  And we've scored enough own goals as fans this season. 

Time for us to man the fuck up,  play it safe but sing our hearts out.  Shame on us all if we can't do that.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pollok-bear said:

On what would have had the potential to be one of the best atmospheres at ibrox is now going to be a pure flat as fuck atmosphere now.

It's almost definitely going to be flat mate.

The social media fan base that watch streams every game don't think so though, as this is their time to shine. They're 100% certain the atmosphere will be better now that "the minority" have to be quiet. 

Just now, BearInTheToon said:

I totally know what you mean mate but I just think play it safe, and if it means singing the same safe songs over and over again, then so be it.  Surely we can all do that? 

But without doubt, the players NEED the fans with them tonight and after the Poles created a cracking atmosphere, their players need to know they've come into our cauldron. 

By not creating the atmosphere the players need in such a huge game, we're playing a major part in fucking it for ourselves/putting ourselves out of Europe.  And we've scored enough own goals as fans this season. 

Time for us to man the fuck up,  play it safe but sing our hearts out.  Shame on us all if we can't do that.

Won't happen

You'll get a few of those songs at the start and then barely anything 

The timing stinks! They have taken some of our home support, now our away support! Stand up and dont let them take away our place in the group stages that the team have fought so hard for over the last 7 games! Lets roar them to the group stages tonight!! N enjoy hearing that full time whistle!!!

40 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ll be put out tonight regardless if we go through or not. Hope there’s 90 min coverage of the fans not singing anything sectarian because we’re 100% getting shafted either way tonight, whether bad songs are sung or no

Agreed. They want to make an example and will punt ya out the competition.

My biggest fear is that if they do, Gerrard might walk.

The atmosphere is going to take an absolute doing tonight. Not one fan is absolutely certain of what they can sing so absolutely nocunt is taking the risk of starting a song they’re unsure about. 

It really does beg the question why now, 6 weeks later. 

If we are flung out of Europe, which we will be imo the discontent and disconnect between the players and fans will be clear for all to see and that is the biggest problem we’ll have. 

It’s almost like we’re going to be challenging for a title or something...

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Agreed. They want to make an example and will punt ya out the competition.

My biggest fear is that if they do, Gerrard might walk.

Yup. Putting sectarianism into the racism bracket after the past couple of weeks of racism in football means we’ll be the ones made an example of that racism will not be tolerated in football. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Yup. Putting sectarianism into the racism bracket after the past couple of weeks of racism in football means we’ll be the ones made an example of that racism will not be tolerated in football. 

I agree. You can see it coming. Sane as EBTs, used widely but we will target Rangers and make an example. 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The atmosphere is going to take an absolute doing tonight. Not one fan is absolutely certain of what they can sing so absolutely nocunt is taking the risk of starting a song they’re unsure about. 

It really does beg the question why now, 6 weeks later. 

If we are flung out of Europe, which we will be imo the discontent and disconnect between the players and fans will be clear for all to see and that is the biggest problem we’ll have. 

It’s almost like we’re going to be challenging for a title or something...

It's understandable that the individual fan is unsure but you'd really like to have thought that one of the main fans's groups would've come out and provided some clarity on which songs are absolutely fine to sing.  They seriously needed to be more pro-active by this time.  Wishful thinking, I know...

Legia will likely make this game nigh on unwatchable and the sad thing is that’ll probably flatten the crowd 

The least excited I’ve ever been for a European game at Ibrox which is mad given how buzzing I was after getting my ticket last Thursday 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs!! How can one not look forward to tonight - to the next two games? 

Paralysed by fear of something that might not happen - and also by fear that our fans will let us down. I feel sorry for you both. 

Och geez peace ya melon

10 minutes ago, BoyBlue62 said:

The atmosphere will be awesome tonight , Rangers needing a win to qualify for Europe’s League , I cannot imagine it being anything else.

get behind the team and cheers them through the 90 mins.

:lol: :lol: 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ll be put out tonight regardless if we go through or not. Hope there’s 90 min coverage of the fans not singing anything sectarian because we’re 100% getting shafted either way tonight, whether bad songs are sung or no

The stadium could be an actual library tonight and we’ll get charged with sectarian silence 

Blast out rule britannia to all the euro teams that visit.

One game away from back to back euro campaigns.

If we got kicked out of europe for singing after the long grind back. Then that is a real kick in the balls.

People saying the atmosphere will be dead. And they do not know what to sing.

Pish.

McGregor

Tav      Goldson      Katic      Flanagan

Jack

Davis            Aribo

Arfield                                Ojo

Morelos

I'd start with this, with Kamara & Jones to come on if required.

Tough game as difficult side to break down & who are likely to sit in.

McGregor

Tav      Goldson      Katic      Barisic

Jack

Davis            Aribo

Arfield                                Ojo

Morelos

Archived