*****The Official Rangers v Legia Warsaw Thread*****

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

get tore into them and then set about that lot on sunday. important week for us. absolutely must win games.

could either:

be out of europe + behind them in the league playing catch up.

or

into group stages + 3 points in front

Awrite Sherlock?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

get tore into them and then set about that lot on sunday. important week for us. absolutely must win games.

could either:

or

Wouldn't say the old firm is must win, Thursday definitely

24 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

could either:

or

Or through and behind them

or 

Out and in front of them 

I do worry whether some of our key players have the legs for both of these games, given they're so close together.  Arfield and Aribo especially look like they've needed a breather for a couple of weeks (Arfield arguably since the start of pre-season).  Think they'll be ok for tomorrow night but I do wonder about Sunday.  If they're both on it and firing in both games, then we win both games I reckon.

6 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I agree but I can see Aribo rested on Thursday and Arfield subbed relatively early on. It's also possible that Gerrard decides the same team that beat them in May should start again, maybe with only Morelos instead of Defoe. 

We have the depth to deal with this week, in theory. Barisic, Helander, Kamara could all start v Legia and King and Defoe might see some game time as well.

I think starting Helander against Legia would be way too big a risk.  While I don't think he's been bad, no way does he instil the same confidence or show the same aggression in winning the ball in the air that Katic or even Goldson does.  And this Legia team look pretty decent in the air, especially at corners/free kicks.  Tbh, other than Defoe, I'm not sure that any of those instil much confidence for such a big game hence SG's likely dilemma. 

I'm going for 3-1 to the gers on Thursday I just don't think we have anything to worry about as long as all the players are up for it and they should be. I just don't see legia giving us any problems I wasn't that impressed by them in Poland although they had some chances to score so did we.

I reckon 2 nil, a goal in each half. They are supposedly good in defence but even last week away from home we would have won if we had taken our chances. Especially the morelos one .  Im not saying they are crap by any means but I think player for player and as a team Rangers are better and we will show it on Thursday.

I think we will win 3 nothing as they will have to chase the game provided we score first, if that happens then it should be a great night. McGregor, Barasic, Katic, Goldson, Tav, Jack, Davis, Aribo, Ojo (if fit) , Morelos and Jones. Give Arfield a rest, been working his socks off lately but looked tired on Sunday 

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

It is the partial closure that has depressed many.

No reason why we cannot win the next 2.  Both Legia and scum are beatable.

According to the bookies we’re favorites for both (overwhelming against legia) the bookies never normally lose👍🏻

The danes are a better team they were big and physical and created quite a few chances against us as well as scoring a few goals. This legia side will be diving all over the pitch and trying to waste time and break up the play as often as they can hoping to hit us on the break. But we will be ready for that and we will score the goals needed to progress of that I am sure.

Worried about tomorrow as well! Reckon not having the UB's there will be a massive disadvantage to us - can see everycunt moaning and getting on the players back after the first pass goes astray. Plus Ojo being potentially out and Arfield struggling with form I think it could be a problem for us. Although our squad is big I'm still not convinced the quality is as good as we think especially in the wide areas. 

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Worried about tomorrow as well! Reckon not having the UB's there will be a massive disadvantage to us - can see everycunt moaning and getting on the players back after the first pass goes astray. Plus Ojo being potentially out and Arfield struggling with form I think it could be a problem for us. Although our squad is big I'm still not convinced the quality is as good as we think especially in the wide areas. 

It won't be a massive disadvantage at all. The atmosphere won't be the same granted but to place the whole team at a disadvantage because of it is a bit daft tbh

Archived