A massive whataboutery thread

Ted E Bayer

37 minutes ago, gj923 said:

They have been fined at least 10 times for the likes of Palestinian flags, songs supporting terrorists, banners mocking UEFA, banners supporting terrorists, fireworks, guy aiming a kick at PSG player

They have indeed, so they must be up for a 'part closure' after the missile throwing a couple of weeks ago.

Surely they will not get away with another fine because they keep repeat offending.  :thinking:

55 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

They have indeed, so they must be up for a 'part closure' after the missile throwing a couple of weeks ago.

Surely they will not get away with another fine because they keep repeat offending.  :thinking:

No idea if its a case of UEFA have started stricter this season it falls into a different category

54 minutes ago, gj923 said:

No idea if its a case of UEFA have started stricter this season it falls into a different category

It's something like that. @The Dude posted the other day that we've been done under a different article (16 or something) which carries much harsher punishments.

19 hours ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Just to be clear we need to stop the naughty singing after the news a section of the stadium is closing for Thursday’s tie.

HOWEVER

Can anyone confirm, just for my own piece of mind that below is accurate;

The following Will result in sanctions from UEFA as deemed offensive/Racist from us

• Billy Boys (due to up to our knees in fe*ian blood)
  • Super Rangers with the we hate celtic fe*ian add on
  • Fuck the pope chant
  • Famine song

The following Will NOT result in sanctions from UEFA from them and others

• Bigoted Dirty Orange bastard chants
  • Sectarian Go home ya H*** chants
  • Variety of other Sectarian H** chants
  • Terrorist songs and chants
  • Political banners and flags (Palestinian flag)
  • Hanging Rangers supporters effigies, yes remember that happened in front of our fans and children
  • Zombie mockery
  • Political banners offensive to millions across the world
  • Terrorist banners offensive to millions across the world 
  • non poppy wearing and disruption of minutes silences
  • Missile throwing at own and opposition players 
  • Supporters hygiene problems 

Are we soon going to be punished for venting our disgust on their paedophile ring because they find that offensive too?

Why is using a derogatory word to describe a group of people or individuals with a particular religious belief more offensive than the image of hanging effigies in front of our kids/banners of men with guns etc.

Some seem to be “repulsed” with the “toxic” nature of some of our football stadium winderupery while they turn a blind eye on those bullet points listed above.  Well I’m ready to play the offended card on everything and we should all follow suit. 

• offensive /əˈfɛnsɪv/ adjective
  • 1. causing someone to feel resentful, upset, or annoyed.
  • "the allegations made are deeply offensive to us"

From this point forward I’m on the offended loyal offensive. I’m going to write to everyone about everything, Rangers, UEFA, SPL, SFA, FARE, every anti Rangers sneeze is getting the full bhoona complaint from this fed up bear.

Let me know if I've missed any songs by them or us...

Pretty sure that they have been punished for all of the bold stuff.  

Other stuff on the list didn't happen in European games, so UEFA have nothing to do with.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Pretty sure that they have been punished for all of the bold stuff.  

Other stuff on the list didn't happen in European games, so UEFA have nothing to do with.

They got fined for their Palestine display anaw, thread should be deleted mate, you know you want to.

21 hours ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Just to be clear we need to stop the naughty singing after the news a section of the stadium is closing for Thursday’s tie.

HOWEVER

Can anyone confirm, just for my own piece of mind that below is accurate;

The following Will result in sanctions from UEFA as deemed offensive/Racist from us

• Billy Boys (due to up to our knees in fe*ian blood)
  • Super Rangers with the we hate celtic fe*ian add on
  • Fuck the pope chant
  • Famine song

The following Will NOT result in sanctions from UEFA from them and others

• Bigoted Dirty Orange bastard chants
  • Sectarian Go home ya H*** chants
  • Variety of other Sectarian H** chants
  • Terrorist songs and chants
  • Political banners and flags (Palestinian flag)
  • Hanging Rangers supporters effigies, yes remember that happened in front of our fans and children
  • Zombie mockery
  • Political banners offensive to millions across the world
  • Terrorist banners offensive to millions across the world 
  • non poppy wearing and disruption of minutes silences
  • Missile throwing at own and opposition players 
  • Supporters hygiene problems 

Are we soon going to be punished for venting our disgust on their paedophile ring because they find that offensive too?

Why is using a derogatory word to describe a group of people or individuals with a particular religious belief more offensive than the image of hanging effigies in front of our kids/banners of men with guns etc.

Some seem to be “repulsed” with the “toxic” nature of some of our football stadium winderupery while they turn a blind eye on those bullet points listed above.  Well I’m ready to play the offended card on everything and we should all follow suit. 

• offensive /əˈfɛnsɪv/ adjective
  • 1. causing someone to feel resentful, upset, or annoyed.
  • "the allegations made are deeply offensive to us"

From this point forward I’m on the offended loyal offensive. I’m going to write to everyone about everything, Rangers, UEFA, SPL, SFA, FARE, every anti Rangers sneeze is getting the full bhoona complaint from this fed up bear.

Let me know if I've missed any songs by them or us...

This may or may not  explain the discrepancy in perceived treatment from UEFA.

All Catholics are, by definition, Catholics.

Not all Protestants are Orangemen or Loyalists.

The Pope is the figurehead of the Catholic faith.

’Fuck the Pope’ refers directly to the head of the Catholic Church and  is therefore viewed as ‘fuck all Catholics’. It would be hard to argue that anyone signing ‘fuck the Pope’ has a personal grudge against the man, especially as they shift shape 🙂

The  Orange Order on the other hand is not a religion, it a fraternal organisation with a religious overtone.

The Protestant religion does not have one ‘supreme’  leader, it has various.

If it were to have one then perhaps celtic would suffer the same fate as their fans would no doubt sing that he should get fucked. 

With a second charge looming the difference here is someone is reporting us, all the while no one is reporting them?

I understand we asked for it. Yes charge us, we deserve it but for crying out loud charge them too!!  This is not a one team issue.. surely there’s a prod somewhere with a bit of clout will report them to ensure justice served and they are punished equally